Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Portable Extractor Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2007 at 9:41pm
How 'bout a spray bottle and a sponge? Shocked
Sponsored Links

WilBrlvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilBrlvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2007 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

William.. Are you in this for the long haul..? If so.. Buy real cheap and save every dollar you can and get something nice..Big smile

$695 brand new Timbucktoo.. Now thats cheap.. Run 25' and you'll be ok..

Yes, I am looking into this for the long haul. Thanks for the advice. I would like to start out with a cheaper unit but one that would satisfy my cusomters. (Both residental and commercial) A unit that can clean commercial grade carpet very well.

What is the main thing to look for, the heat or water lift?

What would you recommend John?
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2007 at 10:52pm
Dude, look at the second post in this thread.  
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2007 at 2:08am
Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

How 'bout a spray bottle and a sponge? Shocked
That sure would satisfy..LOL

That Timbucktoo will do res and com no problem.. I used one for 10yrs.. And still have many of the same custys now..Big smile
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2007 at 10:58am

It makes me feel so good to have so many supportive & bird dog sales people.  Thanks Guys for your support.  “The Cheques is in the Mail””

Actually Wilbrivn, I suggest you find a distributor in your local area.  One who can help you and hold your hand during your growth years.  You will need all the help you can get.  As an example you have a $1,800.00 budget you could blow three times that much just in advertising to get started and your phone still may not ring.

This week you will see a New USA associate manufacture – distributor section go up on this site.  This will enable all US potential lookers and buyers to pin point a distributor close to home and offer you the largest number of cleaning web sites in the world to learn from and do business with.

Merry Christmas

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2007 at 4:56pm
The main thing you should look for on commercial carpet is speed without loss of quality. Commercial pay much less than residential and your labour cost to operate a small cheap machine could equal the cost of three or more proper commercial machines.

The residential machine used on large commercial carpet will wear you down and wear you out and keep you up nights spinning your wheels and making no money.

Been there done that.

Work Smarter Not Harder
Look at a Cimex or Accelerator. Ooops!, you just blew your budget. But then your thinking has already blew your budget way out of proportion on labour by purchasing a lower-end unit.

P.S.
Make an offer to tommyscarpet who is advertising an Orbiter 17" under Free Classified's. This will make you money in commercial.

ChemicallyFried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2007 at 11:59pm
I ran portables many years back.  Even my Ninjas with two two stage vacuums and a heater popped breakers like popcorn.  I was forever looking for two plug ins on two different breakers to keep me up and running.  I cant image going to two three stage vacuums and a heater.  Too much weight and way to much popcorn activity.  Find the breaker box before the work starts and the lights shut down in the room.   Plug into bathrooms and kitchens with 20 amp breakers most of the time instead of bedrooms with 15 amp breakers.  It helps.  Tongue 
I can remove more spots than you can.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123