URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4481
Printed Date: 28/May/2024 at 11:59pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Portable Extractor Recommendations
Posted By: WilBrlvn
Subject: Portable Extractor Recommendations
Date Posted: 07/December/2007 at 11:08pm
HI,

I am new both to this forum and to the business. For the past couple of days I have been looking on the internet for different Portable carpet cleaners. The variety makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

I was hoping some of you who have been in the industry for a while could help me out.  I would like to stay under $1800

What would you recommend? I would like one with a heater in it.
What part of the cleaner spec. has to do with the amount of suction a particular unit has? I will be doing both commercial and residental.

Any other info you may have would be GREATLY apprecaited.

Replies:
Posted By: FriendlyHammer
Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 1:18am
Personally, I wouldn't buy a machine that has fewer than two 3-stage vacuums in parallel. If the vacuums are in parallel, they will tell you how high their cfm is, but will not usually tell you their their waterlift.  The cfm on that machine will be 200 and above. If the machine has 200 cfm, then you need to make sure it has 2 three stage vacuums so that it has good waterlift.

If they advertise the waterlift, but not the cfm, then their vacuums are in series and I would avoid such a machine.

Posted By: steam1
Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 1:59am
Confused en ingles por favor!Thumbs Down

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 4:53am
Did you get the old lettering off your van yet?

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 10:27am
Thanks for your response. Clap

Also I see some companies advertise a "starter kit" with what they say is everything you need to get you going.  Is it worth it or is alot of it things you may not need?

Do you have any particular make/model you would recommend?

Thanks,

WilBlrvn

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 10:46am
Can anyone tell me about the  Samurai 100 Carpet Extractor    found at Jon Don : http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8837 - http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8837  

Has anyone every used this one before? Is the " no heat" OK, or is the heating type something you really need? Also if I end an extendable hose [25'] will I lose suction power? (if so will it be enough to make a big difference?)

Any other info or another model refferal would be great!

Thanks,

WilBrlvn

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 11:32am

In reading your post, I see you have a budget.  Therefore you will be restricted to top of the line extra overdrive power that is always nice to have.

Most all manufactures make units that can satisfy, in fact most manufactures all use the same basic pumps and vacuums. There is not a lot of choices for them.  You should be thinking in terms of size, convenience, comfort to you, and stair climbing wheels. Look as you are now in show business and you should at least look like you are performing well.

I have sold Ninja’s for years and proud to say they have more than serviced my customers well.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: Ken Harris
Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 5:40pm
Titan 300HV

$1495

3 vac motors

303 cfms

-------------
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 5:47pm
Buy a Ninja from Ted you can't go wrong. Watch out for smoke an mirror claims from people. The Ninja is a proven comodity and as straight down the road reliable product is as a Toytota Corolla. NO BS good product serviced and sold my reputable people - and Ted is good guy to buy from.

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 6:46pm
Ninja!!  Contact Ted.

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 6:50pm
What about heaters? Is the neccasary?

Also what about bundle packs? Is that  a way to save or a waste of money?

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 8:01pm
I work out of a Ninja with the heater. I know on-board heat isn't supposed to be so good, but it does a fine job. Great bang for the buck.

Posted By: Ken Harris
Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 8:57pm
You guys forget about the $1800 budget? No new ninja from Canada is within that budget.

-------------
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 9:25pm
Ted will sell you a good used Ninja for that with a warranty - won't you Ted.

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 9:25pm
Ninja with a heater is great.  Heat is better than no heat any day. Call Ted.

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 9:48pm
Ted is right. The guts in most machines are the same.  Some pumps are better than others, however.  For example you can get a pump from the manufacturer with certain internal parts made of metal or plastic. The manufacturers tend to put the cheaper pumps into the machines (but not always) because price is a competitive issue.

But when your pump does die, get the best you can. If the supplier doesn't know that there is a difference and can't figure out what you are talking about, go to another supplier.

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 11:15pm
Who is Ted?

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by WilBrlvn WilBrlvn wrote:

Who is Ted?

Carpetologist, the owner of this site.

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Ken Harris Ken Harris wrote:

Titan 300HV-Non existent

$1495-It doesn't matter cuz I never ship

3 vac motors-In my imagination

303 cfms-The amount of air I inhale when I'm bullsh*tting

I fixed it for you

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 12:05am

Ok Ted,

What have ya got?

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 10:02am
Ted has it all... just tell ted what you want!..

I have a Ninja That ted orginally sold back in 1993...stil going strong!

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 11:01am
did you need a co signer in 93???

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 4:45pm
He still needs a co signer

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 5:01pm
Ted leased it to Steamer with an option to purchase..........I don't think Steamer actually bought it yet

Nightrider

Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 5:14pm
A penny a week for life

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 5:37pm
A penny saved is a penny earned...............not a bad deal for Ted .............Now if only Ted can pay his bills that way, it would be a win/win situation

Nightrider

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 6:28pm
William.. Are you in this for the long haul..? If so.. Buy real cheap and save every dollar you can and get something nice..Big smile

$695 brand new Timbucktoo.. Now thats cheap.. Run 25' and you'll be ok..

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 8:18pm
go to walmart and get a hoover steam machine

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 9:41pm
How 'bout a spray bottle and a sponge? Shocked

Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

William.. Are you in this for the long haul..? If so.. Buy real cheap and save every dollar you can and get something nice..Big smile

$695 brand new Timbucktoo.. Now thats cheap.. Run 25' and you'll be ok..

Yes, I am looking into this for the long haul. Thanks for the advice. I would like to start out with a cheaper unit but one that would satisfy my cusomters. (Both residental and commercial) A unit that can clean commercial grade carpet very well.

What is the main thing to look for, the heat or water lift?

What would you recommend John?

Date Posted: 09/December/2007 at 10:52pm
Dude, look at the second post in this thread.  

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 10/December/2007 at 2:08am
Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

How 'bout a spray bottle and a sponge? Shocked
That sure would satisfy..LOL

That Timbucktoo will do res and com no problem.. I used one for 10yrs.. And still have many of the same custys now..Big smile

Date Posted: 10/December/2007 at 10:58am

It makes me feel so good to have so many supportive & bird dog sales people.  Thanks Guys for your support.  “The Cheques is in the Mail””

Actually Wilbrivn, I suggest you find a distributor in your local area.  One who can help you and hold your hand during your growth years.  You will need all the help you can get.  As an example you have a $1,800.00 budget you could blow three times that much just in advertising to get started and your phone still may not ring.

This week you will see a New USA associate manufacture – distributor section go up on this site.  This will enable all US potential lookers and buyers to pin point a distributor close to home and offer you the largest number of cleaning web sites in the world to learn from and do business with.

Merry Christmas

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 10/December/2007 at 4:56pm
The main thing you should look for on commercial carpet is speed without loss of quality. Commercial pay much less than residential and your labour cost to operate a small cheap machine could equal the cost of three or more proper commercial machines.

The residential machine used on large commercial carpet will wear you down and wear you out and keep you up nights spinning your wheels and making no money.

Been there done that.

Work Smarter Not Harder
Look at a Cimex or Accelerator. Ooops!, you just blew your budget. But then your thinking has already blew your budget way out of proportion on labour by purchasing a lower-end unit.

P.S.
Make an offer to http://kleenkuip.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1479 - tommyscarpet who is advertising an Orbiter 17" under http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=27 - Free Classified's . This will make you money in commercial.

-------------

Posted By: ChemicallyFried
Date Posted: 10/December/2007 at 11:59pm
I ran portables many years back.  Even my Ninjas with two two stage vacuums and a heater popped breakers like popcorn.  I was forever looking for two plug ins on two different breakers to keep me up and running.  I cant image going to two three stage vacuums and a heater.  Too much weight and way to much popcorn activity.  Find the breaker box before the work starts and the lights shut down in the room.   Plug into bathrooms and kitchens with 20 amp breakers most of the time instead of bedrooms with 15 amp breakers.  It helps.  Tongue 

-------------
I can remove more spots than you can.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net