Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 30>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2004 at 11:34am
Mike: If you are refering to the RSE, it will be next year. Since it is not mine anymore(I sold the rights to it), the market timing is not mine to make. I did reserve the right to make the pads for it though, so will be supplying those to the market in the very near future. I also get to be supplier to the Canadian market.

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

Chuck Robbins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Robbins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2004 at 5:37am

SURE KEN!

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2004 at 8:20pm
So this is ANOHTER one you won't bring to market Ken?
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2004 at 11:36pm
John, I did not have the resources to bring it to market. The manufacturer that bought the rights will bring it to market. Next year. I am making the pads for it.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 9:30pm
did you sell the patent

we all know about your super secret patents
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 10:36pm

Everyone has to make thing to turn a profit... but I think the OP machine is a bit over priced..... 3000 + for a the caddy of op and that doesn't include the pads... sure is a lot for a frame, motor, cord and switch...

I'm sure now that they are in mass production... the price could go down a bit...

I could probally get one made for 1500 cdn ...and 50 made for 500 cdn

what does a 1 hp motor cost 350- 600 bucks??

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:08pm

You obviously are not a manufacturer Senor Steamer.

After advertising and sales there is NO money in the machine itself.

Just like a TM, they are no more than chemcal dispensers.

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:19pm

I know the cost to make them. Lets say it is not as low as you think, Mr Steamer. It is also not as expensive as John might want you to believe either. A manufacturer is entitled to a profit, as is a distributor of said product. John is correct that the main profit is in the pads and chemicals for this type of machine. Which is why for the RSE, I sold the manufacturing rights to the machine itself, but kept the option to supply the market with the pads and chemical sales for it.

Edited by Superglide Ken
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:22pm

You don't know the price to make them Ken, where do you get this stuff?

You can sit and figure in your living room all day, but I doubt you have much of a clue as to cost.

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:27pm
You forgot that you told me, John. Last March when I saw you down in Kentucky. LOL. Your memory is slipping. No need for any living room calculations. I also had costing done on your machine with the manufacturer of the RSE as well. It pays to know the cost inputs of both machines when deciding where to set price point for a machine that can pad as well as HWE carpet.
Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 2:04am
did you sell the patents Kens

selling the rights to something that is just not there

well?

Just like the Raptor

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 8:38am
Oh brother...
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by PadMan PadMan wrote:

You obviously are not a manufacturer Senor Steamer.

After advertising and sales there is NO money in the machine itself.

Just like a TM, they are no more than chemcal dispensers.

Sorry Padman... apples and oranges... if compared an op with a portable maybe....but a truck mount no way....

Pretend I'm a government auditor....if there is no money in it Mr. Padman why makem???

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 3:37pm
Oh there is money in it , Mr Steamer, but most of it is on the pad and chemical side. John makes money there. Now that he has volume sales happening on the machines these last couple of years, he is making money there as well. Why would he sell them if there was no money on the machine? Because if you don't have a machine, you don't need the chemical and pads either, now do you? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 30>