Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 30>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 11:14am

You know John, if I had to rely on my own financial resources to see it happen, it wouldn't happen. Fortunatly , that is not the case. A large manufacturer already in our industry has agreed to take this on, and a satisfactory royalty arrangement on it is almost complete.Money is always available to back a great idea. This is one machine that you will see go to market. Money from this one alone will enable me to bring many more of the products I have been sitting on for years to market as well.Peter is not crying wolf anymore.

I would like to thank you however for being the one that opened my eyes to the advantages of padding.Before 4 years ago I had not even heard of it, never mind know what it was. When I went to my first Summerfest in San Diego back in September 2001, I saw it in action for the very first time. Even though this was only the small 1/2 hp machine, I saw the possibilities it offered that HWE could not. I knew that a RX20 could be adapted over to an occillating pattern as well as the machine you were using. I had to go through a very simular process as you did to find what components needed beefing up to handle the additional stresses that this imposed on the machine. Many of the pieces were custom fabricated in the same machine shop that makes my glides and Turboteck air duct cleaning equipment.The cost of doing this on an ongoing basis has cost me many thousands of dollars over these many months, but the result has been worth it.  But instead of needing 30 years for the process like you took, I did it in 3 years instead. Now the machine is ready, and only the finanancial details remain and the completion of the marketing plan for distribution . When people ask me how I did it later, I will simply say that Johnny G was my inspiration.

Thank You

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:35pm
it looks to me like padman doesn't have to make the trip to the GTA after all...lol
Harry View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:38pm

You haven't learned from your past fiascos Ken.

Do your testing, work out  ALL the kinks, get your financing complete ( not nearly complete) and THEN bring the final version ( rather than a new modified version every week) to demo and let happy customers do the selling for you.

When are you going to learn to keep your mouth shut and spend more time on the above and much less on posting all over the world on hopes and dreams. I just don't see how you have much time to spend on the important work of developing of your inventions. I have 60 products coming down the shute, blah blah blah, feeding your own ego is a poor way to gain respect and credibility.

Edited by Harry
Be Juan in a Million - be a Leatherwright.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:50pm

SGK man your sure getting slammed lately... whats going on???

it sounds like you've glided one too many a house wife... lol all these husbands are after you

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 3:04pm

Well Harry, things are much further along in this than you know. Concidering that I kept this one quiet for 3 years until it was ready and complete, I think I did pretty good with that. And what is wrong with ego? Without it, not too much would get accomplished in this world. Many an invention was completed only because the inventors ego would not let them give up till success was reached.

Yeah Mr. Steamer, methinks  that I am stepping on too many toes as of late. What these guys don't realize is that this time it is ready, and all the bleating of the many sheep out there will not change it. The deal is already signed now, and the royalty rate is fixed in writing. I am trying to add a volume clause into the contract is all, cause I think this machine is going to sell big. It is only slightly more to purchase than a regular RX20 is. Distribution is out of my hands and will be up to the manufacturer. From this point forward, it goes ahead with or without me. I just tipped off a few people here in Canada about it is all, so I dont have to hear later" Why didn't you tell me that machine was coming out? I would have waited instead of buying this machine!"

Yeah, life is a bitch sometimes. lol

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
rmarkham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmarkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 5:14pm
Once again I hope you can deliver because if you can not there are those who are waiting to bake you . I hope you will learn from past experiences and not let your mouth write a check that your business can not cash .
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 5:39pm
Ron: This time it will happen because the production is being handled by a large manufacturer with the resources to manage it and make it happen. I tried the same approach with my glides last September 19th as well when I went and signed a world-wide distribution agreement with Hydro-Force . The problem then was they only wanted to go with the hole design on them, and when they were told by HR that that design infringed on their patent, production was stuck. I had a slot design to go to as a back-up design, but they wanted holes, and thought they were smart enough to get by HR lawyers by modifing the holes with a jig pattern on the face. I never beleived it was going to work, so asked to be let out of the agreement, and was last October 15th. Since then I have been handling the sales myself even though I do not have the resources to carry it out properly to do so.But I am not a quitter in anything, so I go on and do the best I can. I have 6 figures invested in them now including all my legal costs and will see them through to success.My thinking last October was right BTW, after starting production of the hole glide in November, HF was forced to stop production of their glides at the end of March by HR. I just changed my design to one that does not infringe. I have the glide market  back to myself as a result. The patents I am applying for will keep it that way for the next 17 years. There is no other way to make my type of glide that does not infringe the HR patent other than the way I am doing it. So if any other company makes a glide like the one I am making, they will be the ones paying royalties to me. Under patent law, cleaners can make their own glides for themselves, but they cannot do it for others wether for sale or as a gift. If they do, royalties are payable by them to the patent holder.

Edited by Superglide Ken
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by diva diva wrote:

You have your say out here and we will respect that but if your idea of fun is posting just to talk out of your a$$ and cause contempt amoungst forum members your opinion is not only not needed but not wanted either.

The DIVA

Diva: Let me say I am sorry for not checking back through the posts and finding your words of advice.  One thing I always do is respect the opinion of someone who has been in the business longer than myself and has gained so much experience over the years.  I would have to believe that you have become the official spokes person for this board by reading your post, so I guess I will have to take your advice.  So I will say good night, good bye and good luck.  I guess I am now shut down and will no longer be posting on this board.Guitar

Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 9:55pm

Well douggie I am shocked... I have insulted you up down and all around and you have never left before.  I wanted to be the one that broke your guitar. 

If you never do post here again... I must say you'll be missed at least by me.  Thats how I felt when some one compared me to a piece of sh*t(visually).  I was never going to post here again, but I got over it.

I was hurt but I got over it... get over it doug... get back here and do what you do best.  Supply your input

gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 10:30pm

Doug you might want to read my post under 'Carpet Cleaning Working Supervisor Needed' before you make such irrational decisions. 

Once again you did not read to what was written.  Your eyes must be failing you in old age!  Instead of sticking your head in the sand like an Ostrich, use that long neck of yours that ventured into this topic area and 'walk the talk'. 

Putting your 'two cents' in and avoiding a response is analogous to 'hit and run'.  Stick around for the count and defend your opinion. If you realized you spoke too fast before knowing all that you need to know.  No worries, we will school you!!!

Just Joking.

Come on back.  Besides Mr. Steamer would like the honour of being the one who runs you out of town. 

If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 10:31pm
Mr. Steamer: I  always figgered what Doug did best was insult you, but whatever. I too would miss his presence here if his guitar was broken. I too was very dismayed that someone would post that picture up and compare you to it. What all posters need to remember here is that there are living, breathing people at the other end of these computers we communicate with, a  certain degree of respect should be expected and returned here. I can understand that in the heat of debate things sometimes get said that shouldn't be said, but once that is done, just say sorry and move on. I can get pretty nasty myself if pushed too far, but reserve that treatment only for those individualsthat have proven themselves undeserving of my respect thru there repeated actions. For the rest, I say debate the idea that people put forth if you disagree with it, but remember that we are all human , and don't need to denigrate their character to lift ourselves up.
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 12:22am

DOUG;

I am very sorry to hear that a man with a reputation such as yours was so easily run off. I guess if you would like to discuss "BIG EGO'S" yours  must be pretty badly bruised! 

I don't understand how a couple of posts, from a couple of "NEWBIES"  (who were only responding to your comments and following your lead when it came to attitude) could send you a packing!

At no time did I disrespect you or your methods   although I can not say the same for you!

I was actually quite excited to be challenged by you the "GURU" himself and was hoping to rise to your level of debate! I was sadly disappointed to say the least!

Being a "newbie" on the boards does not naturally mean I am a newbie to the industry. Although I may not have your years of experience, I have devoted much time to learning and have always been open minded when it comes to new methods. I have learned much from Gmoney and WE have learned much from members of the board!

At no time did I, nor did Gmoney imply we that wanted or expected you to retire from this forum. If you so chose to leave that is your perogative and  I will not allow this onius to fall upon me!

I think if one were to dig deeper, one would find other underlying causes for your prompt and unexpected departure!

I have not had my ego bruised and have not been offended by any comments made in this or any other thread! So I will still remain

Should you decide to return I do hope we can have proper discussion(   )or debate over the thing we are passionate about CLEANER CARPETS FOR ALL! LOL

CARPET CLEANING DIVA

THE DIVA
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 11:24pm

Diva: I do not believe that you were the reason that Doug left at all. I believe like you say that there was something deeper to it. Doug was looking to leave for a while now, and only needed a reason to justify it. I could tell this from my earlier post where I was talking about people sometimes not being politically correct, and was talking about myself, but Doug figured that I was talking about him. His reaction was rather out of proportion there too. In other words, he was looking for a fight. Your post was one that was used to have a reason to leave . Definatly not your fault.

Doug was probably having some personal problems that put him in a situation where he needed to go elsewhere. I wish him the best.

MikeN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2004 at 11:15am

So Ken... how long till this product is shown at a show, and what show would that be?

Mike N
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 30>