Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 30>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:22pm

You don't know the price to make them Ken, where do you get this stuff?

You can sit and figure in your living room all day, but I doubt you have much of a clue as to cost.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:19pm

I know the cost to make them. Lets say it is not as low as you think, Mr Steamer. It is also not as expensive as John might want you to believe either. A manufacturer is entitled to a profit, as is a distributor of said product. John is correct that the main profit is in the pads and chemicals for this type of machine. Which is why for the RSE, I sold the manufacturing rights to the machine itself, but kept the option to supply the market with the pads and chemical sales for it.

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:08pm

You obviously are not a manufacturer Senor Steamer.

After advertising and sales there is NO money in the machine itself.

Just like a TM, they are no more than chemcal dispensers.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 10:36pm

Everyone has to make thing to turn a profit... but I think the OP machine is a bit over priced..... 3000 + for a the caddy of op and that doesn't include the pads... sure is a lot for a frame, motor, cord and switch...

I'm sure now that they are in mass production... the price could go down a bit...

I could probally get one made for 1500 cdn ...and 50 made for 500 cdn

what does a 1 hp motor cost 350- 600 bucks??

Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 9:30pm
did you sell the patent

we all know about your super secret patents
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2004 at 11:36pm
John, I did not have the resources to bring it to market. The manufacturer that bought the rights will bring it to market. Next year. I am making the pads for it.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2004 at 8:20pm
So this is ANOHTER one you won't bring to market Ken?
Chuck Robbins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Robbins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2004 at 5:37am

SURE KEN!

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2004 at 11:34am
Mike: If you are refering to the RSE, it will be next year. Since it is not mine anymore(I sold the rights to it), the market timing is not mine to make. I did reserve the right to make the pads for it though, so will be supplying those to the market in the very near future. I also get to be supplier to the Canadian market.

Edited by Superglide Ken
MikeN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2004 at 11:15am

So Ken... how long till this product is shown at a show, and what show would that be?

Mike N
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 11:24pm

Diva: I do not believe that you were the reason that Doug left at all. I believe like you say that there was something deeper to it. Doug was looking to leave for a while now, and only needed a reason to justify it. I could tell this from my earlier post where I was talking about people sometimes not being politically correct, and was talking about myself, but Doug figured that I was talking about him. His reaction was rather out of proportion there too. In other words, he was looking for a fight. Your post was one that was used to have a reason to leave . Definatly not your fault.

Doug was probably having some personal problems that put him in a situation where he needed to go elsewhere. I wish him the best.

diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 12:22am

DOUG;

I am very sorry to hear that a man with a reputation such as yours was so easily run off. I guess if you would like to discuss "BIG EGO'S" yours  must be pretty badly bruised! 

I don't understand how a couple of posts, from a couple of "NEWBIES"  (who were only responding to your comments and following your lead when it came to attitude) could send you a packing!

At no time did I disrespect you or your methods   although I can not say the same for you!

I was actually quite excited to be challenged by you the "GURU" himself and was hoping to rise to your level of debate! I was sadly disappointed to say the least!

Being a "newbie" on the boards does not naturally mean I am a newbie to the industry. Although I may not have your years of experience, I have devoted much time to learning and have always been open minded when it comes to new methods. I have learned much from Gmoney and WE have learned much from members of the board!

At no time did I, nor did Gmoney imply we that wanted or expected you to retire from this forum. If you so chose to leave that is your perogative and  I will not allow this onius to fall upon me!

I think if one were to dig deeper, one would find other underlying causes for your prompt and unexpected departure!

I have not had my ego bruised and have not been offended by any comments made in this or any other thread! So I will still remain

Should you decide to return I do hope we can have proper discussion(   )or debate over the thing we are passionate about CLEANER CARPETS FOR ALL! LOL

CARPET CLEANING DIVA

THE DIVA
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 10:31pm
Mr. Steamer: I  always figgered what Doug did best was insult you, but whatever. I too would miss his presence here if his guitar was broken. I too was very dismayed that someone would post that picture up and compare you to it. What all posters need to remember here is that there are living, breathing people at the other end of these computers we communicate with, a  certain degree of respect should be expected and returned here. I can understand that in the heat of debate things sometimes get said that shouldn't be said, but once that is done, just say sorry and move on. I can get pretty nasty myself if pushed too far, but reserve that treatment only for those individualsthat have proven themselves undeserving of my respect thru there repeated actions. For the rest, I say debate the idea that people put forth if you disagree with it, but remember that we are all human , and don't need to denigrate their character to lift ourselves up.
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 10:30pm

Doug you might want to read my post under 'Carpet Cleaning Working Supervisor Needed' before you make such irrational decisions. 

Once again you did not read to what was written.  Your eyes must be failing you in old age!  Instead of sticking your head in the sand like an Ostrich, use that long neck of yours that ventured into this topic area and 'walk the talk'. 

Putting your 'two cents' in and avoiding a response is analogous to 'hit and run'.  Stick around for the count and defend your opinion. If you realized you spoke too fast before knowing all that you need to know.  No worries, we will school you!!!

Just Joking.

Come on back.  Besides Mr. Steamer would like the honour of being the one who runs you out of town. 

If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 30>