Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Methods of choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Methods of choice
    Posted: 13/March/2004 at 4:52pm

Being new here and not knowing most of the people here, I would like to know, what method (s) do you employ in your cleaning?

HWE

Bonnet

VS

OP

Dry chem

or any combo there of.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 5:01pm

I'll use what ever works best.......

I like bonnet+steam clean if I'm doing commercial(if realy dirty)

I like steam clean on most residential

I like to dry clean area rugs if the customer doesn't want them to be taken away

I like steam on most furniture unless it is a crush velvet then I'll go dry

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 5:13pm
I think the question here is...........what the heck are you doing to clean carpets, Bonnet is all smoke and mirrors. Whoever tells you that crap works, block your ears and run away. Next time you wash your hair, grab a piece of lambs wool or some other type of absorbant fibre and ask a friend to rub the sh*t out of your head as fast as he can, or better still use a car polisher,I think that spins at 500 rev's a minute or so. Then you'll see just how clean your hair is, don't forget to prepray, Then touch your hair, or better still try to comb it, see how nice and sticky it is, you'll save a bundle on gel. I don't care what new crap comes on the market, WATER is the only solvent there is to clean, funny thing is that its been here for millions of years, and we keep trying to re-invent the wheel. Round will never get any rounder and water will never get any wetter. Any fool can come up with a new invention and make claims that it works. 50% of the people will disagree and laugh while the other 50% will buy the product ( or scam ) which 50% do you think he's directing his foolishness to. Science and knowledge my friend, yes Science and knowledge, the only thing that stands between the truth and deception.     Jack from Montreal        aka NIGHTRIDER
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 5:19pm

Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

I think the question here is...........what the heck are you doing to clean carpets, Bonnet is all smoke and mirrors. Whoever tells you that crap works

Bonnet doesn't work...hmmmm thanks for the helpful info Jack

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 5:46pm

LOL Jack, one of two things is true here, either you are an old geezer to blind to see anything different, of you simply haven't tried a lot of things.

Science and knowledge?  It isn't science or knowledge that turns a blind eye, that can also be ignorance or overconfidence in something someone TOLD you. Proof is in the pudding and I bet we leave LESS in the carpet chem wise than you do, well, less dirt too!

I love the debate of HWE over bonnet, well actually I OP (oscillating Pad) and hopefully will get the chance this year to come to Canada and then we can TEST your theory about cleaning.

I have spent my life (last 30 years anyway) proving guys with that attitude wrong, I come to THEIR place, have them send me to THEIR problem carpets and then have THEM say, OOPS, I guess I was wrong..LOL

Now I have the pleasure of doing this for a living. Just listening to you talk about the stickiness and the chems,  and know that you know VERY little about this method of cleaning.

Where you at in Canada? I want to wager a bet with you!

Many methods will do a great job IF the technician knows what he is doing, HWE while having full reign for many years is NOT the only way to clean nor anywhere near the ONLY way to get a carpet really clean.

But I am always willing to back that up by SHOWING you!

Edited by PadMan
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 6:08pm

Everyones after Jack Quack from Quebec......

How dare he put down bonnet cleaning...

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 7:30pm
I NEVER EVEN KNEW THAT CLEANLINESS WAS PART OF THE AMERICAN VOCABULARY. LOOK AT YOUR STREETS AND SIDEWALKS( THEY MUST HAVE BEEN DONE WITH BONNET CLEANING ) LOOK AT ALL THE GRAFITTI ON THE BUILDINGS AND SUBWAY SYSTEM ( AGAIN BONNET CLEANING ) MAYBE YOU SHOULD INVENT A HUGE BIG SCRUBBER, ATTACH A BIG BONNET ON IT AND CLEAN UP ALL THE SCUM THAT LIVE AND BREATH IN YOUR PARKS AND DARK ALLEY-WAYS WHO PRAY ON THE INNOCENT AND THE WEAK ELDERLY THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL YOU EVER PROVE THAT BONNET CLEANING WORKS. IF YOU THINK SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY HAS TIME TO SPEND ON CARPET CLEANING YOU ARE BUT A FOOL. THERE IS NO REAL SCIENCE IN THE CLEANING INDUSTRY, ONLY SCIENTIST TRYING TO COME UP WITH NEW FORMULAS AND THEN TACKING A FANCY NAME ON IT AND TELLING US IT WORKS.........AND YOU KNOW WHAT IT WILL WORK........FOR 50% OF THE PEOPLE THE OTHER 50 % WILL SAY IT DIDN'T. THERE IS ACCOUSTIC TILE CLEANER OUT THERE THAT DOESN'T WORK...........THEY ALL DON'T WORK........BUT THERE ARE THOSE THAT STILL BUY IT.........AND THEIR CUSTOMERS THINK THAT IT MUST BE CLEAN 'CAUSE IT SMELLS STRONG. AFTER CLEANING WITH A BONNET THE ONLY DIRT YOU TOOK OFF IS ON THE SURFACE........TELL ME HOW YOUR BONNET GOT DOWN TO THE BACKING WHERE ALL THE DIRT IS..........YOU ARE A MORON TO EVEN CHALLENGE SOMEONE ON THIS. PROVE IT TO YOURSELF, NOT TO ME 'CAUSE I'M MORE EDUCATED THAN THAT.....CLEAN AN AREA WITH YOUR HIGH SPEED, THRUST ACTIVATED, DOUBLE DUPPER POOPER SCOUPER, WITH A BONNET ON TOP........LET IT DRY.....THEN WITH A SIMPLE HAND HELD SPRAYER...........NO SOAP.......JUST WATER.........SPRAY THE CARPET AND SUCK UP THE EXCESS WATER AND DIRT.......YES I SAID DIRT.........AND SAND........YES I SAID SAND........BY THE WAY THE WATER WILL BE BLACK........I GUARANTEE..........DO ALL THAT WITH A NORMAL SHOP VAC THAT YOU CAN BUY FOR 19.95 AND IMPRESS YOURSELF, THEN KICK YOURSELF IN THE ASS,,,, CRY A LITTLE BIT, THEN BE A MAN AND GET BACK HERE AND APPOLIGIZE TO ME AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR BEING SUCH A FOOL. THEN GO OUT AND BUY YOURSELF A TRUCKMOUNT OR A NINJA 500 AND BECOME A REAL CARPET CLEANER.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 8:04pm

Like yelling?

Lot a noise, but not much common sense in that rant!

We use a 100% bio-based product that also includes coloidal silver and that kills bacteria better than HWE.

I know MANY like you, usually men a bit insecure about what they are doing.

We have many users that were HWE many that were TM users, that have sold thier tm's and replaced them with OP machines. Some that had been in this industry over 40 years. But I am sure you know more than THEM as well.

Comparing textiles to asphalt also shows a lack of understanding of cleaning.. but to help you, hose off your van and then vac the water off, now run a towel over it, HUMMM  lots of dirt.

I will happily come and you can clean behind me and I clean behind you, and if you think my towel won't be dirty, then you have VERY limited experience in cleaning..LOL

Open your eyes to other alternatives, no you do not have the corner on cleaning and your post shows me you know LESS than you are letting on.

Have a good one!

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 9:35pm

The fact is my friend, is that I probably forgot more than what you know or will ever know.Hold on , I have to re-read what you wrote, somethings very strange here.da da da da da da da  da  O.K I'm back. Alright PadMan First before you use any scientific words or any extrapolations thereof ,please know how to spell them. COLLOIDAL ( but I'm sure that was just a typo ) Colloidal Silver does  kill bacteria but the product cost would be too great to apply in carpet cleaning solutions, so whoever told you that malarkie took an acient known medical fact and applied that knowledge to todays technology using 1/1000,000 of a fraction and added it to the list of ingredients of a given product ( which is legal ) check the data sheet, I'm sure it's the last item listed, therefore indicating the least thereof. In order for colloidal silver to be effective it must be delivered in a dose of between 10-15 ppm directly into the human digestive tract to have any beneficial effects. The cost of this stuff is perhaps in the 60.00$ to 100.00$ canadian for a 500ml bottle. You would have to use (1) 500 ml bottle to every 10 gallons of hot water to kill any and all bacteria in the carpet plus there would have to be a dwell time of at least an hour to be effective, and besides WHO GIVES A sh*t WHAT BACTERIA LURKS IN THE CARPET OF A CUSTOMERS HOUSE.......THEY SURE DON'T.......YOU MORON..........WANT TO KNOW HOW I KNOW..........'CAUSE BEFORE YOU SHOWED UP THEY HAVEN'T CLEANED THEIR CARPET FOR 2 OR 3 YEARS.....THEY WERE VERY HAPPY LIVING WITH THEIR BACTERIA, DUST MITES, AND CARPET BEETLES BEFORE YOU CAME ALONG WITH YOUR DYNOMITE COLLOIDAL SILVER CARPET REMEDY.........ARE YOU FREAKIN NUTS, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...........WE'RE NOT FREAKIN DOCTORS, OR BIO-CHEMISTS, LISTEN TO ME GET THAT STETHOSCOPE OUT OF YOUR ASS, CHANGE YOUR HAT AND PUT ON THE ONE THAT SAYS CARPET CLEANER......Now go clean some carpets, and stop acting stupid.......Have a nice day.

JACK FROM MONTREAL     AKA NIGHTRIDER

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 9:48pm

Oh Yeah PadMan I almost forgot. I'm very concerned about you. Yourname is PadMan ( I told you already that my wife used those things ) and then in your last letter posted you keep rambling on about hosing me off, then again all that talk about those dirty RAGS, and TOWELS. Another thing I think I'll pass on the offer of cleaning behind you or you behind me. But thanks anyway.

Jack from Montreal     aka NIGHTRIDER

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 1:40pm

I don't blame you for chickening out, if would have been embarrassing for you after all the noise you made over the issue.

Thank you for all the names, and such great understanding that you exhibit, you are really an industry leader and I should truly follow your ways and your footsteps.

Don't be afraid of things you know little or nothing about Jack, learning is OK ,it is actually considered GOOD in some circles.

Just here to help!

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 2:19pm

Listen PadMad, let me rephrase that ( cause I know you don't listen) As much as you believe in your bonnet cleaning, most others do not, and that is perfectly alright. We don't all drive the same car, or laugh at the same jokes. I will confess and strongly agree that Bonnet Cleaning has its place among one of the methods of getting a carpet clean. I will also admit that it is a very respectfully way of doing so. The only problem with that method is that in order for the carpet to keep it's appearance it must be done every 4-5 weeks depending on the traffic. Let's face it PadMan you have to agree that only the top fibres are getting cleaned, the science behind that is friction, the same friction that makes a train speed along metal tracks or the subway excel through the tunnels. Friction creates static electricity and static attracts all kinds of dust and soil and binds them in suspension with the aid of humidity. Take a rag and rub something long enough and it will get clean and perhaps that is why you have a clean cock.......you rub it too much.........STOP.......You can go blind doing that all the time ha ha ha ha ha

Jack         N-I-G-H-T-R-I-D-E-R

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 3:00pm

First off so you understand, I DO NOT BONNET CLEAN. PERIOD.. NEVER.

Now if we have that figured out, then let's move on. If you want to discuss OP or pad cleaning we can do that, and I will show you that cleaning lasts LONGER with OP than with HWE. This isn't a popularity contest, I am not trying to impress you, however, the FACTS will get out and win out over OPINION.

Now, we can discuss this method being you now know I DON"T clean like you THOUGHT I did.

Whew, glad that is over!

I will admit anything concerning the method that is TRUE, but will say NOTHING that is bogus just because it conforms to the BELIEFS of those who haven't used this method.

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 3:19pm

O.K  PadMan Let's start over and please explain exactly what your cleaning method is. give me a description of your machine, or better still, guide me to a website where i can read for myself what this is all about, who knows i may just buy one and try it out myself. that way i will have first hand knowledge and be able to critique with a full understanding and hands on application. I hunger knowledge , but I conduct my life to the words of Abraham Lincoln.........." I am always willing to learn........but I'm not always willing to be taught ".

Jack       N-I-G-H-T-R-I-D-E-R

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>