Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

The New Mytee Electric Truckmount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Mytee Electric Truckmount
    Posted: 18/September/2011 at 9:46pm
I just got back from Connections last week and IMO the future is Electric. As in Electric TMs.

Mytee has just brought out their version of an ETM for $3999.00US

No word yet what they will sell for in Canada yet, but KK should be able to get them for anybody in Canada interested in one. Just 2 cord operation.

Here is a picture:

Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
Sponsored Links

77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2011 at 11:21pm
First question what about the heat ? Evil Smile
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2011 at 12:40am
Originally posted by 77748 77748 wrote:

I would recomend using the unit with a 3HT Propane heating system.

Electric heat is really not going to cut it.

I would also say it is good only to 150 ft as delivered. That is good for nearly all residential applications. Mytee is developing legs that allow it to be taken in buildings as well.

I am developing an upgrade kit that will let the US guys bump the vacs up to 6 from the stock 2 vacs. When that is done the vac system will be good for more than 200 ft out from the machine.

The Canadian upgrade Kit will allow the addition of 2 more vac motors which will allow 200 ft cleaning from the machine, just like the Titan will do now.

So this machine has more potential than it seems.Smile
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2011 at 6:08pm
That is one h3ll of a joke if i ever saw one. A little toy from Wallyworld. Stern Smile
But hey, someone will bite and spend over 4k for it. 150ft with soak and
wet carpets especially the thick stuff.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2011 at 6:11pm

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 
By time you add all that up .... heat, booster etc your
better off getting an entry level TM that will blow the
crap out of any............ANY Porty!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2011 at 9:43pm
With gas heading for $10/gallon, I don't think so John.

An entry level GAS Driven TM is soon going to be a quick trip to the poor house!LOL
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2011 at 10:05pm
What if you have to park far for 220 hook up Groucho
or there isn't one.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2011 at 11:35pm

or there isn't one.
This machine only requires 2 - 115 volt plugins. If you cant get that use a Generator. They are pretty cheap to buy these days and still use very little gas compared to most gas driven truckmounts.Smile
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2011 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Ken Harris Ken Harris wrote:

An entry level GAS Driven TM is soon going to be a quick trip to the poor house!LOL

Less than .5/gal hr. usage on that TM @ $10/gal you eatup $5/hr on the TM. Yea,
that could add up. But if you price your services to cover all, ....ALL fuel cost
it won't put a dent in your bottom line.. Dig what I'm sayin?
What I'm sayin is............ Customers PAY for the FUEL! I never pay for fuel. Banana Dance
Never have, never will.  Party BananaThats how i operate. Others i dont know.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2011 at 7:54pm

or there isn't one.

Your screwed either way... Butt ShakeParty BananaEven with a TM.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2011 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

that could add up. But if you price your services to cover all, ....ALL fuel cost
What I'm sayin is............ Customers PAY for the FUEL! I never pay for fuel. Banana Dance

John;

The average slidein is using close to 1 gallon /hour in gas. The Direct Drive units are consuming close to 1.5 gallons/hr. I don't know why you are getting such good fuel milage.Confused

My point is when gas gets much more expensive the customers will not be able to pay the fuel charges. The cost of energy will force all their costs up including fuel to get to work and fooleaning will not be a high priority against that.

Those cleaners that cant run a tight ship and get by on less will either get no work or the very least alot less of it compared to those that equip themselves to reduce their costs. Expect to see this happening before this year is done.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2011 at 1:09pm
I just think it would be more versatile with wheels on it
A.K.A.
Andy
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2011 at 1:20pm
It's getting them. Personally I would rather use a Titan because of the greater power and $1000 lower price to buy. But for someone that was willing to modify it for more power and mostly leave it in their van, this has good potential and would last almost forever. Very low cost per use. Put it in a Electric van and the cost is even lower.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2011 at 9:04pm

Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

An entry level GAS Driven TM is soon going to be a quick trip to the poor house!LOL ...Most businesses will be in that boat. Your main Vehicle will suck up most of the profits.

John;

The average slidein is using close to 1 gallon /hour in gas. The Direct Drive units are consuming close to 1.5 gallons/hr. I don't know why you are getting such good fuel milage.Confused You just run the rpms lower and i still have more umf than the best porty out there!

And HEAT, that takes it to the next level of cleaning faster! Yours dont come standard with heat. Add a lil-G, add $1200-1500! Shocked

My point is when gas gets much more expensive the customers will not be able to pay the fuel charges. Sure they will, alot of rich ppl in my area they will pay for the fuel.The cost of energy will force all their costs up including fuel to get to work and fooleaning will not be a high priority against that. Carpets has always been on the bottom of the to do list but it wont stop'em (the ones that can afford it).

Those cleaners that cant run a tight ship and get by on less will either get no work or the very least alot less of it compared to those that equip themselves to reduce their costs. Expect to see this happening before this year is done. Isn't that how its always been? Sure it has!

There is a Chinese Rest. i do every 3 Months and the carpet is black in the T-areas, the edges are a bright red. With my TM and lava heat it takes me 4hrs to clean 1800sft. This is thick grease, nastiest of nasties. Didnt have my camera but will next time. With my Recoil with 3-3 stage 116765-13s and no heat using the same presprays it takes me 8 frikin hrs. I'm making money faster with the TM. TM'ers always make money faster than any porty users! That gives me 4hrs of free time to pick up more work which i do alot or just do whatever you want. Your looking at it 1 way Ken (gas). I'm looking @ it many ways.. Saves time, more freedom, more jobs you can do, saves on chemicals, saves on labor if your bizzy!  saves your body from wearing out faster... etc etc etc.............You do spend a little more on fuel but like i said i dont pay for fuel when going to clean, you could spend that on your babe in one night what a TM will use in a week of cleaning.
Hope you sell a truckload of them titans but I'll keep my TM and Recoil till there is no gas left.. hahaha! Party Bananajus'sayin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bouncing Smileys
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>