Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Rapid Resoiling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rapid Resoiling
    Posted: 27/September/2004 at 6:45pm

Hello fellow rug lovers. I started my business 18 months ago with all intentions of doing the very best I can for the customer, but I have a major problem with a rug brewing.I am currently working on a  dealership's carpets (short-commercial grade rugs) that were extremely dirty. When I finished, they looked great until dry- the soil had wicked up again. I have made two follow up calls with thorough rinsings , but more soil reappears. I followed my suppliers directions concerning product usage, & today it was suggested I use a bonnet machine to finish the job. I have to beleive that the problem may be caused by a prior bonnet cleaning or a high pressure truckmount system that forced the soil down to the backing.I have used 100 to 400 psi on the job(400 worked best) & used an anti resoiling agent on the carpet- tonight I will again rinse the rugs. So far I have removed about 180 gallons of black tar water, & I wonder if there is an end in sight.

MJ
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2004 at 8:30pm
No end in sight if you keep doing what you are doing. The problem you are having is wicking. There will always be more than enough material to wick up and cause you problems. A pad machine and cotton pads would be the best way to address this problem, but since you do not have that, do the next best thing. Get yourself the same 100% cotton pads that the pad machine uses. Kleen Keep should be able to help you with this. You do not want to use a synthetic bonnet with a floor machine. They have only a fraction of the absorbancy of cotton pads. Put the cotton pad under the bonnet after you finish the hot water extraction and go over all the area you cleaned. You will need several so buy at least 10 pads or more. The finish will be much improved when done, and so will the appearance the next day. The dryier you leave the carpet, the less the problems afterwards.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2004 at 11:14pm

Hi Mark

What you are experiencing is not resoiling but wick back. Rapid resoiling happens when too much chemical residue is left on the top of the carpet and the residue actually attracts dirt.

Anyways, Ken is right you definately need to pad this surface, it will be dry before you leave so there will be no suprises in the morning. You should use a neutral or slightly acidic cleaning solution to prevent any rapid resoiling after padding. Good luck

The one area Ken may not be accurate is in where you can purchase these pads, I don't believe Ted has any for sale at this time SO If you PM me I will give you a price on the pads you will require! A very good price!

Happy Cleaning 

Carpet Cleaning DIVA

THE DIVA
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2004 at 11:38pm
Diva: Do you use the same cotton pads that John G sells or do you have another supplier? Very good answer up above BTW.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 6:14am
G'day, Mark.

Sorry to hear about this problem, but maybe we can all learn something from it.  I've got a couple of questions first:

What type of carpet is it you're dealing with?  'Commercial' nylon, poly... what???

What type of chemicals are you using?

What do you believe the nature of the soil is?

Thanks,

Allen

Mark Johnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 7:08am
Thanks for all of your input. This is a commercial grade nylon glue down. I have been using Pro's Choice extreme Clean & Energy, followed by Last Step rinse. I then treated the problem area with ARA ( anti resoiling agent). The rug is heavily laden with what appears to be oil, & in a 2000 square foot area, I extracted the 180 gallons of tar water. I am on my way right now to price a bonnet machine, although I can't say the things I read about bonnet cleaning were encouraging as to soil removal ("the carpet is a sewer underneath" was one statement). Hot water extraction may be the best way for a really clean carpet, but right now I am being forced to create what APPEARS to be a really clean carpet. I am really impressed with the help I received from this forum, & I will be staying tuned.
MJ
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 10:24am

Hey Ken

We have our own supplier. Here in the GTA

Why do you need?? LOL

of course not you would make your own right??

LOL

Carpet cleaning Diva

THE DIVA
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 10:32am

Hi Mark

MAybe you should look into an OP machine

We have recently taken up this method and had success with situations similar to yours.

If you look in the topic called "OP CLEANING" in the Carpet cleaners hangout page 5 you will see pics of some jobs we recently did with the op!

We have in the past used steam cleaning and bonnett and now we are more than satisfied with OP

Check it out

Good Luck

CARPET CLEANING DIVA

Edited by diva
THE DIVA
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 11:05am
Diva: My source on them is India. The problem is the best pricing is only given on taking a container of them at a time! Not sure if there is enough machines out there to take 10,000 pads yet. So yes, I was looking for a Canadian source of pads until I am ready to sit on that many. Want to start distributing the new Teflon Pads I made before ordering in a container of them.
Mark Johnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:16pm
This is a fantastic forum- I am so glad that others are as passionate about clean rugs as I am.
MJ
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:32pm

Mark Johnson... I hate to burst all these peoples bubbles.... I'm sure you are getting some wick backs... but I know for a fact it's resoiling too..

could you answer a few questions for me???

is the carpet in use right after your finished cleaning??? or before it is fully dry???

How is the air flow in the room???? is the place all shut up with no airflow after your done???

bonnet or pad will give you that clean look but so will hwe if done right

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:33pm
oh yea one more....does the carpet have a sticky or filmy feel after your finished...??? you might just want to rinse with plain water or a textile rinse 
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:40pm

Acid rinse with Prochem All Fiber Rince will eliminate any sticky film that may be present from the cleaning side, and reduce wicking too.

Mark: You might say that some of us are down right fanatical about the cleaning process and on ways to improve on it. Instead of counting sheep when I go to bed these days I find myself counting glides and pads! lol

Superglide Ken

diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:42pm
DITTO! KEN DITTO! 
THE DIVA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>