Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Adwa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adwa
    Posted: 26/August/2004 at 7:09pm

Adwa

You took the day off and did not think about us once. At least one post to let us know how you are enjoying your new bite.

Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2004 at 12:24am

Bite me Ted.

I thought about all of you. I have been reading the posts late at night or very early in the morning and it still amazes me how taking or not taking an IICRC course can cause so much controversy.

We all know that there is no better experience then working at your job first hand for the best experience. However having the advantage of the education of that particular job can make your understanding just a little bit easier.

You all should take pride in bettering yourself with the best tools that are offered in your profession without feeling that the education you are learning owes you something.

That may or may not be directed to the good men of the forum. Hopefully you can figure it not to be you.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Joel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2004 at 12:49am

ADWA???

That surely isn't your real name.

Why don't you use your real name so we know you aren't full of hooey.

Joel

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2004 at 3:08am

I'm tired of hearing Adwa talk about bettering yourself with the first two IICRC cources... it's non-sense.... yes it gives a little insight ... the whole course has to be re-done for people to really learn... it should be longer.. with actual work in the field...

more like an apprenticeship program...it's not a marketing course it's learning about different textiles and how to clean them..it should take longer than two days.. more like plumbers or electricans..months and years

that piece of crap we all hang on our walls is bull ka ka.. it's nothing more than read and remember... any one can be a grand master and never pick up a wand or hand tool for life...

my wife took the class to... she's never cleaned a carpet in her life.. but she sure knows how to highlight and remember..

IS THIS TRUE OR NOT....just post weather you agree or disagree with my statement in red...

anyone with a little time... a few thousand ..a highlighter... and some memory...BAM POOF POW GRANDMASTER

mrclean_47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrclean_47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2004 at 11:41am

I would have to agree with  Mr Steamer,there are hundreds of professional cleaners in every city but there are only a handfull of us who know what they are doing.

I took all the courses years ago and in most cased I knew more than the instructors just from being on the job site every day.

today I often hear cleaners quoteing word for word the text of courses or repeating nonsence that they would pick up from internet chat rooms that some of us know is planted by people to misinform the public/new cleaners

trade courses are necessary to help educate but should not be considered the gospel to be repeated and relied on. we also need to hve and use a working knowledge of the business in which we are involved

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2004 at 12:19pm
mrclean47: Wow:   We are not worthy, we are not worthy.  Another cleaners who professes to know everything.  Knowing how to do everything is one thing but knowing why is another thing. When a person can know longer learn I am not sure if they are a bigger threat to them selves or the people they are working for.  As for quoting word for word.  I find it more creditable to quote from a manual than try and bull s**t the customer.  After all there are some people out other than cleaners with as much or more knowledge than most cleaners.  I have found myself in some great debates that I needed  more than just my word to backup my statements.  Think about it. Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2004 at 1:21pm

doug your off topic you have not answered my question... you've gone all arounfd it though...

do you agree with my statement yes or no??

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2004 at 2:39pm
Mr. Steamer:  I believe and always a good listener and test taker would have no problem passing a multiple choice test. But lets not undermine the whole certification process.  I have written a 32 page paragraph answered exam in which you were give 6 to 8 hrs. to write not quite sure on the time as it took most all day. Unfortunately they have made the tests easier today than 10 to 15 years ago  and still some people have trouble.  Then there was no open book then. Mr. Steamer is that what you wanted to hear?Guitar
Just My opinion
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2004 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by mrclean_47 mrclean_47 wrote:

... or repeating nonsence that they would pick up from internet chat rooms that some of us know is planted by people to misinform the public/new cleaners

Wow! Conspiracy UNMASKED!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2004 at 8:49pm
Allen:  I guess if that is all some have to offer I guess we should humor them and read it because some of it you cannot repond to,Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2004 at 11:15pm

man a simple yes or no... are you guys so brain washed that you can't answer a simple question

lets gets to the point gentle men...yes or no

surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2004 at 1:14am
Doug:
I've had it up to (reaching for a point waaaay above my head) HERE!  It's funny.. it's sad... and it's a little frightening at the same time.

Mr. Steamer:
You have my answer to your crossposted topic in the 'ask doug' line.  Leave ADWA out of it.  It's ME who's been talking up the courses.

-Allen
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2004 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Adwa Adwa wrote:

Bite me Ted.

I thought about all of you. I have been reading the posts late at night or very early in the morning and it still amazes me how taking or not taking an IICRC course can cause so much controversy.

We all know that there is no better experience then working at your job first hand for the best experience. However having the advantage of the education of that particular job can make your understanding just a little bit easier.

You all should take pride in bettering yourself with the best tools that are offered in your profession without feeling that the education you are learning owes you something.

That may or may not be directed to the good men of the forum. Hopefully you can figure it not to be you.

Allen read this post..... there you go.. plus you won't answer the question.  Not to flame you But as an English Major, you'd figure you would be able to read my broken english and give me a straight answer in english...

but it seems that you're on a walk about

g'day mate

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2004 at 7:05am
THE ANSWER IS NO NO NO NO What kind of certification is this, when its all theory, and the practical side is not counted on the exam, because there is no practical side..  Is that clear enough for you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>