Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Using Glides with portables

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Glides with portables
    Posted: 09/August/2008 at 1:32am
I have heard so much talk about using wand glides, but I seem to get different views on if using portables to clean, would glides make it easier on me to clean and better dry times. If your thoughts are yes to using glides with portables, please tell me the best ones to purchase and do I have to tell them what brand of wand I am using. I don't really know, because it is the one that came with my portable. Also the specs are the portable I am using is 500 psi with dual heaters and 249" of water lift. Will the glides affect my perfomance in a negative way
Kelly Hilliard
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2008 at 2:08am

Try this................ http://www.greenglides.com/

Call and ask about your particular unit and wand. They offer a money back guarantee if you're not satisfied. It's a no brainerBig%20smile

The STD Meter
Slacks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2008 at 11:00pm
Hi Kelly,
I believe we talked yesterday about the eclipse. Did you check out SFS class? I second the opinion  about greenglides. I use them with my truck mount and swear by them. Carpets are dryer in half the time and my opinion more clean.  Also greenglides.com is the original glide company and their customer service is phenomonal. call them and ask them your same question.
Travis
Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2008 at 10:45pm
I will be taking the class as soon as I can get some time, I know I need it soon. Did you get the eclipse? I'll check out grrenglides, thanks for the input. Bill at cleancraft advised me against glides
Kelly Hilliard
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2008 at 12:28pm

With glides more clean? No offense slacks but I disagree with that? Agree with the rest above but i guess you have to test it for yourself to be a believer!!

Basically they are for TMs......... Portys just dont give you the resistance on the wand like a TM..
Just Ol' Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ol' Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2008 at 5:48pm
Some really crappy advice above. Buy a glide. Save your back. I run a porty and I will never push a wand again without a glide. There's jack$hit difference in dry times, it protects baseboards, but above all the wand resistance becomes minimal. You WILL get back problems in this profession, it's just an inevitability. Do as much as you can to take as much chance of injury out of the equation as you can. Greenglides are dependable people with a great reputation. Kenny's trying to mend fences. Good luck.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2008 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Just Ol' Willy Just Ol' Willy wrote:

I run a porty and I will never push a wand again without a glide.

OMG' Willy thats pretty crappy advice also..! If you really need one for a porty your pretty weak.. Its already easy to move that wand running lamb vac.. Save your 200 bucks.. But then again go ahead and buy one.. I have a strong back..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ol' Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2008 at 3:19am
I'm over 6 feet, 220 pounds at 17% body fat- Weak? I don't think so. Smart enough to reduce the risk as much as I can from repetitive stress injury? If you aren't than I think I'm a tad smarter. I've pushed a wand for a lot of years and wan to push it for a few more. Glides makes my job simpler.

Weak?LOL Wanna go fo 2 outta 3?Wink

Edited by Just Ol' Willy - 16/August/2008 at 3:20am
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2008 at 10:37am

I've seen your mug before maybe abit overweight hiding your beerbelly with that shirt..  LOL I use to KO guys your size cause they were so weak and slow.. And cant move very fast.. But other than that no offense to you OL'Willy..

Don't get mad Wil. Someone here uses my mama's bloomers to clean carpets and i didn't get offended..LOL Maybe our sense of humor is different..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ol' Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2008 at 11:57am
And you have a collection of Mama's bloomers?:P
You know , you are right! I do have a bit of a belly.

Not much, but not bad for a 52 year old man. I run 6 miles a day and weight train. Bench 300, curl 150 for 10.Lifting%20Weights And for the record- NOBODY has ever knocked me out, or broke my nose, or gave me anything but a few bruises. Wanna try?Butt%20ShakeOuch  Clown

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2008 at 1:40pm
that hose is too big for that wand?? :)
A.K.A.
Andy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ol' Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2008 at 2:42pm
I've only heard women say my hose was too big.....
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2008 at 3:48pm
Do I wanna try? No, thats OK Willy.. Boxing You can leave that to the ladies.. Back to the posted subject.. You being so tough there's no need for a glide on a portable.. Its so easy to run a wand back and forth already.. Ran portys 15yrs straight no glide.. Everthing still in tip top shape.. Now my TM, well thats a different story..

To each his own and i understand your post about lasting longer.. What do the ladies say about that......??  Cry  lol !

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2008 at 8:02pm
i could be WAY off base but........isn't a glide supposed to increase cfm???

wouldn't that be a good thing with a porty?

i don't imagine a porty has huge waterlift anyways.

just thinkin out loud
A.K.A.
Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>