Print Page | Close Window

Using Glides with portables

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5240
Printed Date: 15/May/2024 at 6:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Using Glides with portables
Posted By: Kelly
Subject: Using Glides with portables
Date Posted: 09/August/2008 at 1:32am
I have heard so much talk about using wand glides, but I seem to get different views on if using portables to clean, would glides make it easier on me to clean and better dry times. If your thoughts are yes to using glides with portables, please tell me the best ones to purchase and do I have to tell them what brand of wand I am using. I don't really know, because it is the one that came with my portable. Also the specs are the portable I am using is 500 psi with dual heaters and 249" of water lift. Will the glides affect my perfomance in a negative way

-------------
Kelly Hilliard

Replies:
Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 09/August/2008 at 2:08am

Try this................ http://www.greenglides.com/ - http://www.greenglides.com/

Call and ask about your particular unit and wand. They offer a money back guarantee if you're not satisfied. It's a no brainerBig%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Slacks
Date Posted: 09/August/2008 at 11:00pm
Hi Kelly,
I believe we talked yesterday about the eclipse. Did you check out SFS class? I second the opinion  about greenglides. I use them with my truck mount and swear by them. Carpets are dryer in half the time and my opinion more clean.  Also greenglides.com is the original glide company and their customer service is phenomonal. call them and ask them your same question.
Travis

Posted By: Kelly
Date Posted: 12/August/2008 at 10:45pm
I will be taking the class as soon as I can get some time, I know I need it soon. Did you get the eclipse? I'll check out grrenglides, thanks for the input. Bill at cleancraft advised me against glides

-------------
Kelly Hilliard

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 13/August/2008 at 12:28pm

With glides more clean? No offense slacks but I disagree with that? Agree with the rest above but i guess you have to test it for yourself to be a believer!!

Basically they are for TMs......... Portys just dont give you the resistance on the wand like a TM..

Posted By: Just Ol' Willy
Date Posted: 15/August/2008 at 5:48pm
Some really crappy advice above. Buy a glide. Save your back. I run a porty and I will never push a wand again without a glide. There's jack$hit difference in dry times, it protects baseboards, but above all the wand resistance becomes minimal. You WILL get back problems in this profession, it's just an inevitability. Do as much as you can to take as much chance of injury out of the equation as you can. Greenglides are dependable people with a great reputation. Kenny's trying to mend fences. Good luck.

-------------

Date Posted: 15/August/2008 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Just Ol' Willy Just Ol' Willy wrote:

I run a porty and I will never push a wand again without a glide.

OMG' Willy thats pretty crappy advice also..! If you really need one for a porty your pretty weak.. Its already easy to move that wand running lamb vac.. Save your 200 bucks.. But then again go ahead and buy one.. I have a strong back..

Date Posted: 16/August/2008 at 3:19am
I'm over 6 feet, 220 pounds at 17% body fat- Weak? I don't think so. Smart enough to reduce the risk as much as I can from repetitive stress injury? If you aren't than I think I'm a tad smarter. I've pushed a wand for a lot of years and wan to push it for a few more. Glides makes my job simpler.

Weak?LOL Wanna go fo 2 outta 3?Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 16/August/2008 at 10:37am

I've seen your mug before maybe abit overweight hiding your beerbelly with that shirt..  LOL I use to KO guys your size cause they were so weak and slow.. And cant move very fast.. But other than that no offense to you OL'Willy..

Don't get mad Wil. Someone here uses my mama's bloomers to clean carpets and i didn't get offended..LOL Maybe our sense of humor is different..

Date Posted: 16/August/2008 at 11:57am
And you have a collection of Mama's bloomers?:P
You know , you are right! I do have a bit of a belly.

Not much, but not bad for a 52 year old man. I run 6 miles a day and weight train. Bench 300, curl 150 for 10.Lifting%20Weights And for the record- NOBODY has ever knocked me out, or broke my nose, or gave me anything but a few bruises. Wanna try?Butt%20ShakeOuch  Clown

-------------

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 16/August/2008 at 1:40pm
that hose is too big for that wand?? :)

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 16/August/2008 at 2:42pm
I've only heard women say my hose was too big.....

-------------

Date Posted: 16/August/2008 at 3:48pm
Do I wanna try? No, thats OK Willy.. Boxing You can leave that to the ladies.. Back to the posted subject.. You being so tough there's no need for a glide on a portable.. Its so easy to run a wand back and forth already.. Ran portys 15yrs straight no glide.. Everthing still in tip top shape.. Now my TM, well thats a different story..

To each his own and i understand your post about lasting longer.. What do the ladies say about that......??  Cry  lol !

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 16/August/2008 at 8:02pm
i could be WAY off base but........isn't a glide supposed to increase cfm???

wouldn't that be a good thing with a porty?

i don't imagine a porty has huge waterlift anyways.

just thinkin out loud

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 16/August/2008 at 11:28pm
willy why you using them cheap wands from Vietnam?

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 17/August/2008 at 1:05pm
Willy I was 52 once .

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 17/August/2008 at 1:07pm
Willy I have never been over 6`before or over 220 lbs. But I am in fairly good shape.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 17/August/2008 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Willy I was 52 once .

Wasn't that last year???Big%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 17/August/2008 at 4:54pm
John, my point was:

What causes repetitive stress injury? http://www.arthritis.ca/types%20of%20arthritis/repetitive%20stress%20injury/default.asp?s=1#top">  
  • Repetitive stress injury is caused when too much stress is placed on a joint as a result of the same action being performed over and over.
  • Specific kinds of repetitive stress injury are caused by certain actions:
  • Bicipital tendinitis is often caused by using the arm to make repeated scrubbing motions.
  • Tennis elbow is caused by repeatedly bending the wrist backwards with force, such as when playing tennis or painting with a brush.
  • Golfer's elbow is caused by repeatedly bending the wrist forward with force, such as when pulling ropes or golfing.
  • DeQuervain's tendosynovitis is caused by repeated pinching or twisting of the wrist.
  • Housemaid's knee is caused by kneeling or leaning forward for a long period of time, such as when scrubbing the floor.
  • Some forms of tendinitis and bursitis may also be caused by diseases such as rheumatoid (pronounced room-a-toid) arthritis, gout, psoriatic (pronounced sore-ee-at-ick) arthritis, Reiter's (pronounced rlt-urz) syndrome, thyroid disease and diabetes.

Protect your joints:

• Be kind to your body. After doing heavy work, or doing the same task over and over, stop. Slow down by doing an easy task, or by taking a rest.
  • If you are doing a task for work or a hobby that may have caused your repetitive stress injury, change how you do that task. Find different tools that can make the task easier.(Glides)
  • Use your back, arms and legs in safe ways to avoid putting stress on joints. For example, carry a heavy load close to your body.
  • Use helpful devices such as a cart to carry your grocery bags, or an enlarged handle that fits over a knife handle so you can hold it easily. A cart will help you to walk more safely. A grab bar, which attaches to a shower, will help you to get in and out of the tub more easily.
  • OR A GLIDE FOR A WAND AS TEFLON SLIDES WAY EASIER THAN METAL.
  • Consider getting a splint to hold your joint in a comfortable position at night. A splint can help decrease pain, swelling and stiffness.
  • Seems like common sense to meWink

-------------

Date Posted: 17/August/2008 at 9:33pm
10-4 Willy.. Big%20smile

• Housemaid's knee is caused by kneeling or leaning forward for a long period of time, such as when scrubbing the floor. That's why the perfect woman is 3ft tall with a flat head for your beer and has no teeth..LOL! Headbang

• Posted By: Just Ol' Willy
    Date Posted: 18/August/2008 at 10:18pm

Willy I was 52 once .

And you'll be 52 again one day........Guitar

-------------

Date Posted: 18/August/2008 at 10:23pm
    Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Do I wanna try? No, thats OK Willy.. Boxing You can leave that to the ladies.. Back to the posted subject.. You being so tough there's no need for a glide on a portable.. Its so easy to run a wand back and forth already.. Ran portys 15yrs straight no glide.. Everthing still in tip top shape.. Now my TM, well thats a different story..

To each his own and i understand your post about lasting longer.. What do the ladies say about that......??  Cry  lol !

CHICKEN!

-------------

Date Posted: 18/August/2008 at 10:54pm

Come on down then.. I'm in Wisconsin..

http://imageshack.us">
    http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=381&i=nitrotech1mostmuscularmnx4.jpg">

Date Posted: 19/August/2008 at 8:21pm
    I only fight on the internet. Don't you have a reach through monitor?

-------------

Date Posted: 19/August/2008 at 8:26pm
    Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Willy I was 52 once .

Wasn't that last year???Big%20smile
    2 years ago??

-------------
    Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/August/2008 at 9:17pm
    I was closeBig%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Slacks
    Date Posted: 20/August/2008 at 9:51am
    You guys should exchange phone numbers or get a room. Leave the forum for discussing business related topics.Unhappy

Date Posted: 20/August/2008 at 10:20am

Is that your opinion, or are you the new administrator???Wacko

-------------

The STD Meter

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
    Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net