Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Need help deciding on portable!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeeney13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help deciding on portable!
    Posted: 23/January/2008 at 1:24am
I currently have a truck-mount, but need to get a portable for a large hotel I will be cleaning.  I will need something that will handle cleaning about 25-30 hotel rooms per month.  I don't know much about portables at all, so any advice would be great!!
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2008 at 10:29pm
How much do you want to spend? Under 1k or up to 3k..?Basketball%20Bounce
mfeeney13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeeney13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2008 at 9:31am
The hotel that this would be for is upscale and the contract to clean it would justify spending more to get a good portable.  I am looking for top of the line in vacuum and lift, easy to use and not a lot of dumping and refilling.  I've never used a portable before, so I'm really in the dark as to what to look for!!  Thanks for your help.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2008 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by mfeeney13 mfeeney13 wrote:

not a lot of dumping and refilling.   Thanks for your help.

Good luck on that..
mfeeney13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeeney13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2008 at 10:31am
Do you recommend any certain brand of portable.  I understand there will be a lot of refilling and dumping!  I just want something with good heat and good suction for faster dry times.  Any suggestions would be a great help!!
rosco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2008 at 4:06pm
I'm looking into purchasing my first porto and was looking for a way to get around the pain of filling and dumping as well. The best machine I've seen that can minimize your down time is the Mytee M-12. The unit has hose attachments that fill and empty the unit as you clean which keeps you from having to stop and fefill. Like I said....I'm looking into buying this unit myself so I can't offer any first hand experience, but I have seen it in action and it seemed to work great. It is also a smaller porto so it may be perfect for your needs. My local dealer priced it at 2600$.
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2008 at 6:15pm
Good choice! I like the M-12 

The Titan SV400 is a stronger machine, but with dump and fill option included, it would cost you almost $1000 more than that.
mfeeney13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeeney13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2008 at 10:03pm
Thanks for all your help on my decision.  I just picked up my new porto today!  I got a Cleanmaster Raptor 230H.  It has 2 3-stage vacuums and 2- 1000 watt heaters with a 12 gallon fresh water and 13 gallon waste tanks.  I only tried it at my own house so far and it worked great.  I start cleaning the hotel in 2 days, so I'll let you know!!Big%20smile
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2008 at 3:30am
Nice!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2008 at 7:50pm
Good Choice!
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2008 at 10:30pm
2 3-stage and heaters!    Upper
mfeeney13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeeney13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2008 at 11:28pm
Not bad huh?  The only problem was the cost, around $4,000!  But it is top of the line.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 1:14am
I could have saved you $1200-1400, plus you'd get a lot more free equipment than what Kenny would ever offer you.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 1:44am
I doubt that.No machine offers more bang for the dollar than a Titan.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>