Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Need help deciding on portable!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

I doubt that.No machine offers more bang for the dollar than a Titan.

I made the specific comment concerning both price and equipment because that's what it's sold for. If your price is lower and if you offer both a handtool, a wand, hoses and dual heaters for $1200 less than he paid, with shipping, then say so. If not, your comment is mere posturing and is irrelevant to what I said.

Now, you either offer a free hoses, handtool and wand, or you don't. If you don't, then shut the hell up.

Now, your price is either lower than the price I mentioned or it is not. If not, then shut the hell up.

Do you still doubt that I can get the machine for less than yours? Do you still doubt that I can get it with more equipment than yours? If not, then shut the hell up because your comments have nothing to do with what I said.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 15/February/2008 at 2:48am
Sponsored Links

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 2:57am
Oh, and one more thing. Contrary to what Kenny just said, dual heaters can easily keep up with 1.5 gallons per minute. I've got a number of Mytees that steam the heck of of the carpet at 2 gal. per minute. Of course, I have to put warm (not hot!) water in them to begin with.  The hotter the water coming out of your machine the better, and you won't get that with Kenny's machine.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 15/February/2008 at 2:58am
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 3:17am
Yes I include those items with the Ultima, including auto fill and pumpout function. What you dont have is another machine that offers all that and has 4 vacs motors in it making it the most powerful portable in the world like I do. Who cares if you have a machine that is $1200 cheaper when it is inferior in power and features he wants(auto fill/pump out)?

Money is not everything. If it was, he would not have paid the $4000 he did. Getting the best machine(he says he likes top of the line)with the features he wants is what is most important thing to him, as well as many others.Saving $1200 without getting that is POOR compensation.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 15/February/2008 at 3:27am
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 3:22am
Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

Oh, and one more thing. Contrary to what Kenny just said, dual heaters can easily keep up with 1.5 gallons per minute. I've got a number of Mytees that steam the heck of of the carpet at 2 gal. per minute. Of course, I have to put warm (not hot!) water in them to begin with.  The hotter the water coming out of your machine the better, and you won't get that with Kenny's machine.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 15/February/2008 at 3:24am
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 3:28am

Nope, totally the truth.  Put warm (100 degree) water into a modern Mytee machine with dual heaters and you'll get steam. In fact, you won't be able to hold onto the couplers without feeling pain.

I bet mfeeney13 is getting plenty of steam if he does it that way.   Big%20smile  But perhaps you think he's a liar too.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 15/February/2008 at 3:36am
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 3:32am

Yes I include those items with the Ultima, including auto fill and pumpout function. What you dont have is another machine that offers all that and has 4 vacs motors in it making it the most powerful portable in the world like I do. Who cares if you have a machine that is $1200 cheaper when it is inferior in power and features he wants(auto fill/pump out)?

You better read the list again, because you aren't offering the handtool or the heaters. And no one wants your puny 2-stage vacs.

Quote Getting the best machine(he says he likes top of the line)with the features he wants is what is most important thing to him, as well as many others.Saving $1200 without getting that is POOR compensation.

Exactly. You don't have the features he wants. I'm up to 13 portys right now, and neither he nor I want what you've got.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 15/February/2008 at 3:47am
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 3:54am

Nope, totally the truth.  Put warm (100 degree) water into a modern Mytee machine with dual heaters and you'll get steam. In fact, you won't be able to hold onto the couplers without feeling pain.I bet <span id="userPro138896" title="View Drop Down">mfeeney13 is getting plenty of steam if he does it that way.   Big%20smile  But perhaps you think he's a liar too.</span>

Do the math using 2000 watt heat. You will find that the BTU's needed to heat even 1 gallon/minute(60 gallons per hour)are not there unless you think getting a 15 degree heat rise per gallon is a big event. Steam happens with even 100 degree water so getting it up to 115 degrees is not going to help much. If you get more rise than that, then you are not flowing what you think you are!
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 4:02am

Nope, totally the truth.  Put warm (100 degree) water into a modern Mytee machine with dual heaters and you'll get steam. In fact, you won't be able to hold onto the couplers without feeling pain.I bet <span id="userPro138896" title="View Drop Down">mfeeney13 is getting plenty of steam if he does it that way.   Big%20smile  But perhaps you think he's a liar too.</span>

Do the math using 2000 watt heat. You will find that the BTU's needed to heat even 1 gallon/minute(60 gallons per hour)are not there unless you think getting a 15 degree heat rise per gallon is a big event. Steam happens with even 100 degree water so getting it up to 115 degrees is not going to help much. If you get more rise than that, then you are not flowing what you think you are!

I can take pictures and mail them to you if you like, Einstein. The thing you don't get is that 2 gal per minute NEVER OCCURS while cleaning carpet!  WHY? Because there is no spray on the forward stroke. In addition, no one wants to clean with colder water, so no one wants your cold-cleaner 2-stage science experiment.

I get constant steam. No question about it. 4 minutes to warm up, and then non-stop steaming water.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 15/February/2008 at 4:48am
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 10:45am
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 11:27am
I can verify what friendlyhammer says. I have a mytee 1003hv dual 3 stage vac, 450psi and 2000 watt built in heater and I also have constant hot water at the wand at 100' of vac hose . steam is visable during the summer months but diminishes to hot water during the cooler months. Whatever any one may say otherwise I experiance this everyday. As an actor in the movie Josie wales once said "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining". 
JUST WATCHING AND LEARNING
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 2:28pm
Sure you can Kevin. Your in Canada. The Mytee 1003 requires 2 - 20 amp circuits to operate, which DONT EXIST IN CANADA. Want to tell use how you manage this amazing feat of engineering?

Edited by Superglide Ken - 15/February/2008 at 2:29pm
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 4:10pm
Well  Ken I have news for you. I purchased my mytee from rotovac corp. in seatle washington. they shipped it to buffalo ny where I drove the 40 minutes across the US border and picked it up. My machine runs on 2-20 amp plugs and I run it on a generator.
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 4:14pm
As I've said in other posts my mytee is operated like a t-mount it never leaves my van. doesn't take an einstein to figure it out.
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2008 at 4:30pm
p.s....ps.... another thing a little advice for anyone looking for a powerful porti. look in the U.S even if you have to drive a couple of hours to pick it up.(you only have to pay provincial taxes no duty if manufactured in the U.S) I have checked and continue to do so and CANADA does not have any powerful porti with heat and all the other bells and whistles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>