Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Oh Boy, Nu-B here, just bought a porty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuickClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2007 at 9:40am
Ok, the wand search will continue today. JonDon was $300 for a 2 jet, I have to do better than that.

The chems I'm looking at are:

Multi-Clean Extraction Shampoo
Multi-Clean Pre-Treat
Multi-Clean Odor Out

Anyone familiar with these? Good products? The apartment I'm supposed to do this week, apparently has cat urine odor. I haven't been over there yet.
Tool Junky at heart
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2007 at 12:27pm
None of those listed chems are going to have any affect on cat urine?
Just My opinion
QuickClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuickClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2007 at 1:14pm
Thanks Doug. I'll talk to my supplier in the morning and get their recommendation then. 
Tool Junky at heart
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2007 at 5:37pm
Time to change suppliers ??     

Edited by Hammy - 28/August/2007 at 5:37pm
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2007 at 6:44pm
It's never too late to back out of the business either. Think about all the investment you'll make and the return you'll get.  An adequate supply of chemicals to cover a variety of situations will cost hundreds of dollars. It will take a number of jobs to get that money back.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2007 at 8:50pm
amen brother!!!
Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuickClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2007 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

It's never too late to back out of the business either. Think about all the investment you'll make and the return you'll get.  An adequate supply of chemicals to cover a variety of situations will cost hundreds of dollars. It will take a number of jobs to get that money back.

Well, I'm not the kind to give up without even trying first, so we'll see how it goes. Did pick up a Hydramaster HydraHoe today, so at least I can get tomorrows job done. I have 7,  2 & 3 bedroom apartments owned by a friend to test things out on and see how I like it. On top of that, I'm getting paid well for them so it's a pretty good test bed for me.

Supposed to be a pretty good enzyme cleaner down at my JS store for the cat pee spot. So we'll see how well that works with a blacklight test.

Thanks again for the support folks! Tongue

Edited by QuickClean - 28/August/2007 at 9:46pm
Tool Junky at heart
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2007 at 10:09pm
You might be surprised when you do the blacklight test

The STD Meter
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2007 at 1:49am
Yeah, that blacklight test can be a shocker.
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2007 at 5:28am
Might not be friends for long ??     
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2007 at 6:54am
Could get glowing results.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2007 at 12:45pm
cheap wands on ebay dude.. 7 jobs! Thats a good start..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuickClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2007 at 6:33pm

Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

cheap wands on ebay dude.. 7 jobs! Thats a good start..

Thanks!

The gentleman I bought the extractor from, did some calling around to old CC buddies and came up with that Hydramaster HydraHoe for me for just $80, so the wand issue has been solved...at least til I decide to upgrade (See sig!).

Overall, I'm only $680 into a US Products HHP-310, HydraMaster DriMaster upholstery tool, and HydraMaster HydraHoe wand. Not too shabby!

Only reason we got into this is to help out that friend with the apts, and figured what the heck, be kind of nice to take care of our own carpets, and not have to turn away the odd carpet request that comes along when we do whole house cleanings. Didn't even realize we already had some equipment that would be useful as well: 175/300 rpm Minuteman 17" Rotary and 2 2500cfm airmovers.

I must say, that HHP-310 did wonders on the carpeting, and I was completely grossed out at what I saw in the recovery tank. YUCK!

Need to find or order some of that Dry Slurry as recommended by prior owner. He's 2 hours away, but I can order from up there and have it shipped down. Today I used the MultiClean extractor shampoo, pretreat and an enzyme product to get rid of a little cat pee spot.

This week, I need to call around and find some CC classes somewhere nearby. I don't like going blindly into an area where I can screw things up! I read everything I can find on the web, and this site here has a wealth of info, and some darn helpful people I'm finding out. Thanks all!
Tool Junky at heart
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12