Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

EGO city!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seelah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EGO city!
    Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:18am
I joined this forum to get info and learn about the business.  So far, all I've seen are a lot of egos knocking around.  Is there anyone who takes all of this seriously?  I've spent enough money on my business and would like to hear about business things without all of the bull in between.  My question is:   Is advertising in the yellow pages worth the expense?
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 7:33pm

Welcome aboard seelah!

Yes, a lot of nonsense is sometimes posted but listen and read in-between and you will be educated on this site.

Yellow pages seem to work better in some areas than others. Large cities seem to have so many telemarketers that you only have to go home and a carpet cleaner will call you. But the biggest problem that I see from my position is when the expensive yellow pages kicks in for you many carpet cleaners have very little idea how to impress or sell on the phone. Eventually losing the sale especially if you have an answering machine. Potential customers will keep calling in yellow pages until they get a real live person.

I also hear that a lot of price shopping goes on with yellow pages. If you don't have a good sales pitch the lowest price gets the work.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 8:10pm

Originally posted by seelah seelah wrote:

I joined this forum to get info and learn about the business.  So far, all I've seen are a lot of egos knocking around.  Is there anyone who takes all of this seriously?  I've spent enough money on my business and would like to hear about business things without all of the bull in between.  My question is:   Is advertising in the yellow pages worth the expense?
She just flamed everyone in here.... listen lady no one wants to give info away for free.... Some of us have paid MONEY to get here where we are... Some of us have had all the good and bad experiences to teach us along the way....

I'll drop a hint but you better read between the lines...info should not be given out on a silver platter you got to work for it...

after that slam you just posted I think you'll fit in just fine....

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:16pm

Were on Seelah's post Steamer did you see that this person is a women.

My question is Seelah, if you have spent a lot of money on your business does this include any advertising. What have you done so far and what method of equipment do you use for carpet cleaning.

Welcome aboard   Give us a chance we might grow on you.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:22pm
shes all woman
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:27pm

You been sniffing around again Steamer.

Not all women are going to hit on you   or maybe you know something I don't.

Please tell us Steamer, show us your wisdom 

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:31pm
I can tell by the typing... the words used...and her nick is a dead give away...don't ya think
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:33pm

let me answer the question while I'm here.... YES but you have to have the right placement...  I've said this in another post.... color and page placement have a lot to do with making your money out of the yellow pages....

I hope you can read between the lines....cuz I ain't going to spell it out for you

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:51pm

That was a good post you did on the yellow pages Steamer, find it for seelah and put it here.

You know it would take all night for seelah to find it.  Now there's a challenge good luck  

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:54pm
I am confused who has an ego problem on this board?  It must be a mistake or misunderstanding?Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:56pm
IF SHE CAN'T DO IT SHE'S OUT OF LUCK.....SOL
seelah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seelah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2004 at 9:23am
Hey Steamer, you love that quote button don't ya?  Yes, my business included advertising.  I was just curious about the yellow pages.  Thanks to Carpetologist for answering.  I'm using newspaper ads but most of my jobs have come from referrals. 
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2004 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by seelah seelah wrote:

Hey Steamer, you love that quote button don't ya?  Yes, my business included advertising.  I was just curious about the yellow pages.  Thanks to Carpetologist for answering.  I'm using newspaper ads but most of my jobs have come from referrals. 
Do you think you can clean my rugs???
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2004 at 11:30pm

Steamer

What happens if seelah comes to clean your rugs and this person is a woman? Better get your uniform and cologne ready. The shoe is on the other foot. Remember what happened when Jannette LaRue met nightrider...they buried him.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>