Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

DFC Natural Food Grade Products

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 4:10pm
I think so??
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

huckmuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huckmuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 7:32pm
It use to be made in Canada not anymore since Hunnisett sold the business. The states always had trouble making the DFC products.
Huckmuck
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 8:48pm
naw it was almost finished....I did think about saving it.. I just dumped it out because I didn't want to forget and use it by accident
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 9:29pm
Do you have the bottle? It should have the lot # on it

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 10:50pm
Steamer brews his own??
Just My opinion
juniors cleanup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniors cleanup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 11:14pm
is there a temp requirement for storage?
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 11:54pm
I don't see anything listed in the online product info

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 10:49am
keep frozen till time of use??
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 2:30pm
E-mails from chemspec

Based on the chemistry of the product, there is nothing in it that should cause that type of odor.   Could there be some outside contamination during handling and dispensing of the product that is contributing to the odor problem you have encountered??

Unopened, DFC Heavy Duty Cleaner Degreaser will be good for at least 1 year.   Even though the pH is high, there is always the potential of introducing a bacterium that could survive in the product when the container is open. If the product has become contaminated through handling and dispensing and then stored inside a vehicle in the summer time, growth would be accelerated. You have to remember that if it is 90 degrees outside, the inside of a closed vehicle in the sun would be even hotter!

www.mr-steamer.com
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 2:31pm
I jumped on this one quickly as we know that bad news travels one hundred times faster than good news and so far all DFC products have been good news.

We have not had one single complaint about DFC going sour. And it has become one of the fastest selling products. If whoever you bought it from will not refund or exchange the product then Kleen Kuip will do so and we will have it analyzed and have and intelligent answer for you ASAP.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 4:00pm
I think that since it's a food grade product.. it should be treated as such... it should say on the bottle keep refrigerated ...LOL what food product do you know of that will stay good and bateria free once opened???

NONE...even Ketchup goes bad.

DFC and chemspec are walking a fine line. I think we have been contaminating our customers things with dirty product without realizing it.

Ted I would send the bottle off to you... but I didn't take it seriously at first... I dumped the liquid without thinking because I didn't want to make that mistake and use it again or have my brother use it and learn that it was sour.

as far as the e-mails chemspec has brushed it off to nothing...I don't think it is nothing

product filled with bateria is un-healthy to use
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 5:35pm
Now the god dam sky is falling?????????????????????
Just My opinion
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 8:09pm
Steamer,

I have seen contaminating looking wands that are extremely visual cleaning carpets in houses that my wife would not appreciate and refuse to let them in or allow them to come back.

I think you know what I mean.

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 8:21pm
I am not a graduate chemist but have been around chemical products most of my life.

My personal feeling is that DFC is not your old toxic formula. Yes it is a food grade product and people who are around food know they must show professionalism and keep food from contaminating in severe heat or allowing other products to contact them.

Many carpet cleaning vans we work on at Kleen Kuip have a very distinct sour smell continuously being emitted from them. So, my advice is all products DFC or not should be handled in a safe, professional manner to eleviate any potential problems.

If I should hear or see a second sitting of this mysterious incident I will be the first to let you know.

The only food ingredient in Heavy Duty DFC is Sodium Carbonate and that is what Cow Brand tells you to put into your refridgerator to stop sour smelling odours.

I'm confused. Confused

P.S. for future reference...

You would be suprised at how many employees mix incompatible products together. I know they don't tell you that but they brag to me about it.

Edited by Carpetologist - 18/June/2007 at 8:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>