Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Starting out advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:56pm
What do you want us to do take you by the hand? did you check the Kleen Quip board rigth here Ted has some very clean tms for sale?
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 9:44pm
Fiberclean has used tm's on their site, Jon Don has them also

The STD Meter
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 9:46pm
what the hell is going on here....this is the second person that wants to start cc'ing at 50
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 9:54pm
Get rich quick?

The STD Meter
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 10:13pm
I'm praying to stop at 50
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 1:32am
Dream on

The STD Meter
SRI Cleaning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRI Cleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 11:20am
Hey gimmeagig,  I have been in the bussiness a year and i started out with an 18 horsepower used white magic machine and it is very powerful.  There are also some nice units in the 20+ horsepower range that i think would be perfect.  50 hp is great but from what i have heard, if you are using it for one wand, then you will prob only use it at just off idle anyway.  So it probably is a little overkill.  Even with my 18 hp machine i can run 200 feet of hose with no problem. And unless you are really adept at fixing things, I would stay away from anything too old.
Anthony
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 5:27pm
Grey Power?
Just My opinion
flood-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flood-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 8:52pm
all my truck mounts are nissan 49hp 1 is was used and the other 2 brand new never had a problem with any of them.if you buy used have a pro take a look at it make shure life is still left.I like to have to much than not having enoff
flood man rocks
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:19pm

Hi gimmeagig... You might want to check out the TM Comparison chart from PowerClean Ind.. And yes, I run a PC Freedom XT-45 26hp.. I did my homework with what i could afford at the time...

Everyone will give you a different answer...

A few used units here >>

Stay away from propane...Heat exchangers deliver plenty of heat... And you won't have 2 fuel expenses...

Most of us want to retire at 50 !!!!! Big smile

Roots Blower, Cat Pump, liquid Cooled, Heat Exchanger..

CD's cost alot more and eat more gas...

The choice is your's man...

Good Luck... You will have fun looking...

Edited by John L - 27/March/2007 at 1:21pm
gimmeagig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimmeagig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 8:14pm
To the guys who gave me more than just oneliners( you know who you are)thank you very much for the info.I really apprecciate it.
I wish I could retire at 50 as well but I've spent most of my life being a musician so I knew that eventually I'd have to get a "real job" :0
Actually it's not so bad.I have a few rentals that will be great for me once I sell them, but for now I'm house poor.
I need to generate about 30000 income or so a year to make it worthwhile.If I can make that I'd be happy.Does that sound reasonable?
I'm not trying to get rich I just want to do good work and make a little money for another 7 years maybe.I did used to sell real estate in California for a few years but I don't want to get back to that.Too much competition and too much schmoozing.My background in sales I think will be helpful getting going.For some reason the straightforwardness of the carpet cleaning business appeals to me.
SRI Cleaning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRI Cleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2007 at 1:47am
gimmeagig, Like I said before I have only been in the bussiness for a year and I can honestly tell you that, once you get your name out there, you dont even have to work terribly hard for more than 30,000 a year, even 50 a year is possible without killing yourself.  So I dotn think you will have any worries!
Anthony
craigenstein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigenstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2007 at 5:33pm

Ok Gimmeagig, heres my 2 cents:

First, dont take advice from anyone, especially "carpet cleaners" ha!

Second, keep doing your homework like you are. I like slide-in units, and I think its pretty clear that you need at least 25-30hp to drive a quality blower and to generate enough water heat for a heat exchanger. Prochem, Hydramaster, Blueline are all gonna be ok, just a matter of how much $ you wanna throw down.

Dont get too carried away though, you wont need a giant 50hp machine that will run 2 wands continuely if youre only gonna do residential and a little commercial and be a 1 man operation.

Toss 20k at a good truck mount and 15k at a used van and prepare to starve for 6 months or so and it will come around if you treat people fairly. Carpet cleaning is full of flunkies (look around this blog) so its not hard to set yourself above them. Having a "not trying to get rich" mentality is a healthy start.

When Im happy everybody's happy!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2007 at 5:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>