URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3597
Printed Date: 29/April/2024 at 1:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Starting out advice needed
Posted By: gimmeagig
Subject: Starting out advice needed
Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 3:32pm
Hi,
I am 50 and I'm looking for a new career.I have some rentals that need cleaning periodically and have been using a carpet cleaner who is very good and who also talks a lot about the positive aspects of this business.That got me inspired.
I think I would enjoy having a truckmount and giving it a go myself.
Now, as I am trying to gather information I'm getting more confused.
My guy has a Prochem Everest 50 hp machine.He says the high horsepower is the only way to go.Then I talked to some other people who say that 50 hp for a single wand is overkill.
I want to do residential and light commercial to start with and want to do good quality work, not low end property management type of stuff.
How much horsepower do I really need? l'd love to be able to buy a used truck that is not all worn out yet. The ones I see on e bay often have low power units like the prochem blazer in it.They also seem to be pretty worn.Should I stay away from those?Is there a good source for used gear? I was told that it's either Prochem or Hydromaster and I should stay away from aircooled and direct drive.I could potentially spend more and get a new Hydromaster 427 and a used truck to put it in but that would put me into the 30000.- dollar range.I'd prefer to stay around 15000.- if I could.Would that make sense? Could I find a decent rig for that amount? I'm in nothern Idaho and I might have spent 1000.- to travel across the country to find the right truck.Would that be too risky?
Do you guys have any advice for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated   

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 3:59pm
The Everest is definately at the top of the food chain when it comes to machines. I think for $15,000 you should be able to find something suitable for yourself. I am a little biased as I have alway used Pro Chem. machines. Check this site Kleen Kuip has some used machines here. I would like to know as much back ground info about the machine before you buy it. When asking this question you will get many responses with regards to cd's or slideins. I myself prefer a slidein.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 4:14pm
What is a CD?

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 4:35pm
Clutch drive or power take off

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 6:40pm
Look before you leap??

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 7:11pm
Or you could be Misterthrowcautiontothewind

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 7:38pm
And buy a clean cold?????????????????

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 7:42pm
Well yeah

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:02pm
Or better an Aqua Broken?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:07pm
Same difference

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:12pm
Same repair bill?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:21pm
Cheaper

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:24pm
Makes you want to become a lonley tm repair man?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:50pm
I was hoping to get some useful information here.Not banter.How about it guys, can you help me out?    

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:56pm
What do you want us to do take you by the hand? did you check the Kleen Quip board rigth here Ted has some very clean tms for sale?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 9:44pm
Fiberclean has used tm's on their site, Jon Don has them also

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 9:46pm
what the hell is going on here....this is the second person that wants to start cc'ing at 50

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 9:54pm
Get rich quick?

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 25/March/2007 at 10:13pm
I'm praying to stop at 50

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 26/March/2007 at 1:32am
Dream on

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: SRI Cleaning
Date Posted: 26/March/2007 at 11:20am
Hey gimmeagig,  I have been in the bussiness a year and i started out with an 18 horsepower used white magic machine and it is very powerful.  There are also some nice units in the 20+ horsepower range that i think would be perfect.  50 hp is great but from what i have heard, if you are using it for one wand, then you will prob only use it at just off idle anyway.  So it probably is a little overkill.  Even with my 18 hp machine i can run 200 feet of hose with no problem. And unless you are really adept at fixing things, I would stay away from anything too old.
Anthony

Date Posted: 26/March/2007 at 5:27pm
Grey Power?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: flood-man
Date Posted: 26/March/2007 at 8:52pm
all my truck mounts are nissan 49hp 1 is was used and the other 2 brand new never had a problem with any of them.if you buy used have a pro take a look at it make shure life is still left.I like to have to much than not having enoff

-------------
flood man rocks

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:19pm

Hi gimmeagig... You might want to check out the TM Comparison chart from PowerClean Ind.. And yes, I run a PC Freedom XT-45 26hp.. I did my homework with what i could afford at the time...

http://www.acceleratedcleaning.com/pdf/tm-compare.pdf - http://www.acceleratedcleaning.com/pdf/tm-compare.pdf

Everyone will give you a different answer...

A few used units here >>

http://www.cleanersclassifieds.com/classifieds.php?a=5&b=1&page=1 - http://www.cleanersclassifieds.com/classifieds.php?a=5&b=1&page=1

Stay away from propane...Heat exchangers deliver plenty of heat... And you won't have 2 fuel expenses...

Most of us want to retire at 50 !!!!! Big smile

Roots Blower, Cat Pump, liquid Cooled, Heat Exchanger..

CD's cost alot more and eat more gas...

The choice is your's man...

Good Luck... You will have fun looking...

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 8:14pm
To the guys who gave me more than just oneliners( you know who you are)thank you very much for the info.I really apprecciate it.
I wish I could retire at 50 as well but I've spent most of my life being a musician so I knew that eventually I'd have to get a "real job" :0
Actually it's not so bad.I have a few rentals that will be great for me once I sell them, but for now I'm house poor.
I need to generate about 30000 income or so a year to make it worthwhile.If I can make that I'd be happy.Does that sound reasonable?
I'm not trying to get rich I just want to do good work and make a little money for another 7 years maybe.I did used to sell real estate in California for a few years but I don't want to get back to that.Too much competition and too much schmoozing.My background in sales I think will be helpful getting going.For some reason the straightforwardness of the carpet cleaning business appeals to me.

Posted By: SRI Cleaning
Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 1:47am
gimmeagig, Like I said before I have only been in the bussiness for a year and I can honestly tell you that, once you get your name out there, you dont even have to work terribly hard for more than 30,000 a year, even 50 a year is possible without killing yourself.  So I dotn think you will have any worries!
Anthony

Posted By: craigenstein
Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 5:33pm

Ok Gimmeagig, heres my 2 cents:

First, dont take advice from anyone, especially "carpet cleaners" ha!

Second, keep doing your homework like you are. I like slide-in units, and I think its pretty clear that you need at least 25-30hp to drive a quality blower and to generate enough water heat for a heat exchanger. Prochem, Hydramaster, Blueline are all gonna be ok, just a matter of how much $ you wanna throw down.

Dont get too carried away though, you wont need a giant 50hp machine that will run 2 wands continuely if youre only gonna do residential and a little commercial and be a 1 man operation.

Toss 20k at a good truck mount and 15k at a used van and prepare to starve for 6 months or so and it will come around if you treat people fairly. Carpet cleaning is full of flunkies (look around this blog) so its not hard to set yourself above them. Having a "not trying to get rich" mentality is a healthy start.

-------------
When Im happy everybody's happy!

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 5:40pm

Used equiptment here >>>

http://www.dcs1.com/dcs1boards/messages/front.cfm?board_id=5 - http://www.dcs1.com/dcs1boards/messages/front.cfm?board_id=5  

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 8:06pm
So I'm looking at the possibility of buying a 1998 Dodge 3/4 ton 88000 mi with a hydramaster CDS 4.8 directdrive built in 1999 with 5100 hrs. The truck looks very clean and it comes with hoses and wands and all that.
The price is 11500.- I talked to the seller extensively and I like him.I get a feeling that he is a trustworthy person.I could pay cash on that and have no payments.The seller says that the truck has about 200000.- miles figuring in the 5100 hrs of operating time of the machine.Those miles are easy miles and do only involve the engine of the truck.So I figure even if I have to have the engine of the truck rebuilt (2800.- maybe?) I would still have gotten a good deal.
Does that sound OK?
Any advicce on that one?    

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 8:50pm
The hours are high if the unit has original pump, blower and hx

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 8:53pm
 DeadThat's alooooot of hours.................Buy New...You'll be glad you did.......................Big smile

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 10:42pm
Hi,
I've got new information.
I talked to a TM shop in nearby Spokane and they told me they wouldn't recomment that particular setup.They said most cleaners prefer slideins over directdrives.
They said that an older CDS 4.8(1999) does not produce the heat that good a slidein puts out(190 at the machine vs 220 or more with the slidein) and an hour of running time for the machine equals 50 miles.That gives the truck very high mileage.
For a good used machine they recommend a Prochem Performer.They told me that's a highly desirable workhorse that can last 12000 hrs and up.
They have one with 8000 hrs and it comes with some stuff like hoses and wands.The price is 7500.- plus 350.- to install it.so if I could find a van for 4000.- to 5500.-I might have an OK setup?
Would that be a better way to go?
Thanks

Posted By: Ninja-wand
Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 11:22pm
I dont have any experience with a prochem performer.If you want reliability...Then Direct drive would be better compared to a slidein. THe only thing good about a slideIn is that you can change it out into a new truck whenever you want. I also hear that you would run into more problems with SlideIn's.

It also sounds like this guy is just tryin to sell you one of his unit...

Go to www.mikeysboard.com ....Alot of smart guys hang out over there.YOu can get better opinions than I can give you.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 11:41pm
gimmeagig, thats a lot of hours on a slide in no matter what brand it is. Take a look at http://butlersystem.com/pr_classifieds.php
also directly north of you in Alberta at this place http://www.fibreclean.com/products.php?cat=33
under supplies there is a classified section
I think you would be better off with a used PTO (CDS) for reliablility and life.

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 11:45pm
Man, why are you looking at the high hour TM's...READ MY TYPE...GET A NEW TM...OR very low hour's....less than 500... 

5000 to 8000 hrs!!!... Your going the wrong way dude....

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 11:53pm
gimmmeagig here you go BRAND NEW and this is an installed price out of Las Vegas

3616       $10,995.00
http://www.allcleaningequipment.com/

The 3616 truck-mount is the perfect start-up unit. With its 16hp Briggs & Stratton power plant there is a comfortable harmony between components.

The proven track record of Briggs & Stratton engines continues with the Vangaurd engines and A.C.E. truck-mounts. The 36 Roots dsl (dual oil splash) blower provides 310 cfm for the ultimate residential truck-mount. High pressure washing with heat is not an option with this 4.0 gpm, 3000 psi General Pump, it comes as standard equipment! To help prevent buildup in crucial internal components our last step stainless steel solution injection system fits the bill perfect. Now wrap this package in a 100 percent stainless steel frame and you have the ultimate entry level truck-mount.

List Price $10,995.00   

Price includes: 100 feet vacuum and solution, 50 foot garden hose, 12 inch 2 jet wand, instruction manual, and installation package.

-------------

Date Posted: 29/March/2007 at 12:08am
For less than 300 more you can get NEW PowerClean 26hp Kohler, 45 roots, 2000psi cat pump  and it will blow that ACE away.. dual heat exchangers with 2 pre-heaters....And more reliable...

Date Posted: 30/March/2007 at 11:13pm
I was hoping by posting here it would be easier for me to make a decision.This sure is a difficult process.
I'm having the truck with the Hydramaster CDS 4.8 checked out in an auto shop and also at a shop that repairs the machines.Here's why:   
I was told by our local shop that one of the advantages of direct drives is that since there is no motor they are more reliable and last longer than slideins.I was also told that the lifespan of a slidein is at least 8000 hrs for a watercooled one and some of the better ones can last over 12000 hrs.
So if this hydramaster CDS has 5100 hrs why is that too many hours?I'm confused.Here's what I'm thinking right now.
I learned that carpetcleaners that are doing good business run about 1000 hrs per year.So I'm thinking that the CDS Machine at 5100 hrs might have about 5 years left.
I would like to get a machine that has at least 3 years left on it.If the business works out for me I would be able to really get what I want then.
So even if the CDS only lasts 3 more years I'd still be OK with that.
Even if the engine in the truck (83000 mi) blows up a year from now,a rebuild might cost about 2800?That still wouldn't be the end of the world.I could absorb that at a later time.
Does that make any sense at all?

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 12:21am
Yeah it makes sense...listen just jump in with booth feet. Nothing lasts forever, but servicing your unit will extent the life. You'll be good either way I think.

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 12:27am
gimmeagig your right in your logic. Blowers should last 10,000 hours if they are maintained. For each running hour of the truckmount it is putting the equivelant of 30 miles on the truck engine. In other words your truck's engine now has on it 153,000 + 83,000 for a total of 236,000 miles. That's ok as long as the engine has been maintained and that means frequent coolant changes, transmission fluid changes and oil changes.   If the truck has been driven by an owner rather than employees - better yet.

5000 hours is over the hill on a slide in but acceptable on a PTO(CDS) system. Hydramaster is a good unit. As you can tell there are people that speak somewhat negative and there are more that speak positive. Hydramaster is a very strong brand and a reputable company.

Now this is what you need to ask the owner of the unit.
All service history on the unit. Has it had any bearing and shaft replacements. When was the last time it had a rebuild kit put in the Cat pump (I think it's a Cat). The blower size on this Hydramaster is considered a good sized blower that you can use on any size of job you would likely run into.   You won't likely put more than 500 hours on it your first year, if you do your doing darn good.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 12:32am
or you forgot to turn the key all the way off

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 1:31am
Duh

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 7:44am
It happens with a slide in

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 8:59am
One of the reasons to buy a pto

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 9:53am
Or not?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 10:39am
Sounds like a debate to me

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 12:24pm
Thank you all, I know what to do now.If that CDS checks out ok I'll get that.Once I have the truck I'll probably be back with some more questions.

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 3:21pm
You are going to have plenty, don't go away hang around and have some fun. If you need a glide for you wand buy one from GreenGlides.

Check back and use the search function to find out about alot of stuff about customer service stain removal drying times.
Go to this website to find the nearest or soonest courses with the IICRC - you should take the carpet cleaning course and the upholstery cleaning course at a minimum
http://www.iicrc.org/
Get your self a digital camera to use for posting picture so others can help you and to keep pictures of before and after shots for yor customers and a website.

I see you found MikeysBoard and you will see me posting under my real name there - Bob Foster

Hang on its going to be a heck of a ride!

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 3:46pm
I see you found MikeysBoard and you will see me posting under my real name there - Bob FosterQUOTE]

Yeah...Thanks to me!!!

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 3:55pm
Huh?

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 4:16pm
Im just tryin to take credit for gettin givmmeagig over to Mikey's. lol

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 4:19pm
I see - good suggestion - its a great board. You should have come to MF - cmaster and I went. - better come next year.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 4:36pm
NW is in California. It'll be a short trip

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 5:34pm
Hey gig, dont forget some of these misc. items youll need

Trigger Sprayers, Drop Cloths, Thin Plastic Painter's Drop Cloths, Portable Lights, Crevice Tool, Hand Held Hair Dryer, Velvet Brushes, Measuring Cup, White Towels,Fiberglass Screen, Electric Hair Razor, Silicone Spray, Aluminum Foil, Q-tips, Waxed Linen String, Button Needle, Lint Roller, Bone Scraper, Butcher's Freezer Wrap, A Heavy Duty Stapler, Plastic Garbage Bags...

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 5:47pm
C'mon JOhn!! Youre gonna overwhelm the guy and scare him away from this great industry. Lets just take one baby step at a time.

BTW, WHos planning on goin to Connections in Sept.??..I think I will.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 6:19pm
cmaster and I am. So's Steamer if we can convince him. He's a little pu**ywhipped I think.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 6:23pm
Im sure youre right, I can tell by the way STeamer talks on the boards. lol

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 6:25pm

YEA OK!

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 7:24pm
Steamer is on a short leash?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 7:25pm
This is a basic list of necessary things needed for carpet and upholstery work that should always be in your van

Fire Extinguisher (ABC)
First Aid Kit
Eye Wash Kit
Safety Glasses
Binder for MSDS sheets
2 safety cones

Basic tool box with two crescents and Teflon tape

Upright vacuum cleaner with beater bar and upholstery tools
Grooming Rake
Upholstery tool (get them to throw that in)
Minimum wand: 12 inch PMF 802 2 jet with a glide (see Greenie)
200 feet of solution hose with valve
200 feet of 2" vacuum hose (4eah 50'lengths)
3 or 4 corner guards
50 garden hose
Box of Styrofoam furniture blocks
1000 furniture tabs
Lift buddy
8 furniture glides
2 canvas painters drop sheets
3 cloth covered bungee cords
Box of terry cloth wiping clothes
Spotter kit: tannin remover, vanish, liquid dry cleaner, citrus-sol
Horse hair brush
Bone scraper
3 hand sprayer bottles (wal-mart)
2 pump up sprayers (wal-mart)
5 gallon plastic bucket
2 small funnels for filling hydroforce and spray bottles
1 can of WD40
old iron or cheap iron

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 8:01pm
Boy, that's quite a list of items.Some of them are self expanatory but a Bonescraper??? Dammit Jim I'm a carpetcleaner not a surgeon!
What is a bonescraper and what do you use it for?
A company called Magic Wand offers a DVD training video for employees.It seems to cover a lot of ground.
I don't want to bore you guys with every stupid question I might have.There's a lot to learn and getting the truck is just the first step.
May 10 and 11 in Helena MO about 5 hrs from Coeur D'Alene , there is a IICRC class on carpet cleaning.I will be taking that.It'll be a nice road trip, I've never been out that way.
By the way,
I've gotten so much information.From here and also from Mikeys board. It's a lot to digest. I'm printing a lot of the posts out and I'm putting them into a binder.Trying to do my homework (wasn't always that way) :)

Posted By: Thang
Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 8:10pm
YOull will become a CC Jedi one day.

-------------
Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 8:13pm
Just buy a vortex and the rest will come naturally? All you have to do is just showup intimidate collect the money and leave?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 8:15pm
A bone scraper is used to agitate a little spot or it is used with a little citrus-sol to lift chewing gum off of carpet.

Ask your questions here anyway. They will stir debate here and in the process not only will you learn a lot but some of us might learn something too.

Want a bet that about 3 guys are going to talk about how to remove gum from a carpet now? --- That's what I mean - ASK AWAY!!

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 8:21pm
can you still get a bone scraper? I have some steel ones from chemspec they realy work good. Got them from Jim Darling. The orignal bone scrapers I didn't think were still available?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 8:25pm
Just the plastic ones. Or use the edge of a duckbill sissor to the same thing.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 8:51pm
Pile, you forgot one thing...... a pretty woman as a helper...Big smileLOL

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Pile, you forgot one thing...... a pretty woman as a helper...[IMG>height=17 alt="Big smile" src="http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>[IMG>height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

This guy knows what he's talkin about

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by pilediver pilediver wrote:

A bone scraper is used to agitate a little spot or it is used with a little citrus-sol to lift chewing gum off of carpet.

Ask your questions here anyway. They will stir debate here and in the process not only will you learn a lot but some of us might learn something too.

Want a bet that about 3 guys are going to talk about how to remove gum from a carpet now? --- That's what I mean - ASK AWAY!!

Heat is used to remove gum

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 10:15pm
With heat too - forgot to add that part.- Thanks Paul

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 11:03pm
just leave it in there

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

just leave it in there

That's the best idea. However, custys don't seem to like that

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 12:03am
charge more to take it out

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 12:23am
Upsteal?

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 9:01am
no up service

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 10:02am
back to the infalatable?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 11:01am
Great idea, but my inflatable isn't to smart

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 12:33pm
blond?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 12:39pm
Albino blonde

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 1:16pm
good for night work then?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 1:18pm
You betcha

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 1:23pm
I knew there had to be a reason for the night work?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 2:30pm
That's when she's at her best

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 2:44pm
video stores here we come?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 3:30pm
Restaurants too

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 4:23pm
cheap date?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 4:35pm
nice

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 6:44pm
Free labour is the best

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 7:32pm
you should raise your rates

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 9:00pm
From free to.......?

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 9:39pm
Whats left?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 9:48pm
The sky's the limit

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: cleanaz
Date Posted: 05/April/2007 at 3:59am

The cds has a good track record, but the hours are pretty high.  I would keep looking, there is always someone getting out of the biz and needs to sell quick, if that tells you anything.  Hang out at your local supply house and put a bug in the salesman's ear. 

The other thing I picked up on in your posts is that you are not looking to get rich.  That's o.k., you sound like a good guy, but unless you go into this with the idea of making good money you will never make it.  It's a great part time biz, but make sure to charge as much as possible on every job.  Do less work, make more money.  Make sense?

Oh yeah, and at your age (no offense) a GreenGlide on your wand is a must. 

az

-------------
http://www.larsonscarpetcare.com - carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, phoenix, mesa, chandler, gilbert

Date Posted: 05/April/2007 at 11:28am
If you buy a portable dont worry about the glide.. It dont have to be a greenglide..

A chinese knockoff does the same thing... It glides...

Date Posted: 05/April/2007 at 4:36pm
I did a search on greenglides and there are a lot of to choose from.
What is so special about them?
If I just want one or two which ones should I get.
And what about the chinese knockoffs how much are they and where can I find them?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net