Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Starting out advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimmeagig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting out advice needed
    Posted: 25/March/2007 at 3:32pm
Hi,
I am 50 and I'm looking for a new career.I have some rentals that need cleaning periodically and have been using a carpet cleaner who is very good and who also talks a lot about the positive aspects of this business.That got me inspired.
I think I would enjoy having a truckmount and giving it a go myself.
Now, as I am trying to gather information I'm getting more confused.
My guy has a Prochem Everest 50 hp machine.He says the high horsepower is the only way to go.Then I talked to some other people who say that 50 hp for a single wand is overkill.
I want to do residential and light commercial to start with and want to do good quality work, not low end property management type of stuff.
How much horsepower do I really need? l'd love to be able to buy a used truck that is not all worn out yet. The ones I see on e bay often have low power units like the prochem blazer in it.They also seem to be pretty worn.Should I stay away from those?Is there a good source for used gear? I was told that it's either Prochem or Hydromaster and I should stay away from aircooled and direct drive.I could potentially spend more and get a new Hydromaster 427 and a used truck to put it in but that would put me into the 30000.- dollar range.I'd prefer to stay around 15000.- if I could.Would that make sense? Could I find a decent rig for that amount? I'm in nothern Idaho and I might have spent 1000.- to travel across the country to find the right truck.Would that be too risky?
Do you guys have any advice for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated   
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 3:59pm
The Everest is definately at the top of the food chain when it comes to machines. I think for $15,000 you should be able to find something suitable for yourself. I am a little biased as I have alway used Pro Chem. machines. Check this site Kleen Kuip has some used machines here. I would like to know as much back ground info about the machine before you buy it. When asking this question you will get many responses with regards to cd's or slideins. I myself prefer a slidein.

Edited by doug - 25/March/2007 at 4:00pm
Just My opinion
gimmeagig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimmeagig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 4:14pm
What is a CD?
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 4:35pm
Clutch drive or power take off

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 6:40pm
Look before you leap??
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 7:11pm
Or you could be Misterthrowcautiontothewind

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 7:38pm
And buy a clean cold?????????????????
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 7:42pm
Well yeah

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:02pm
Or better an Aqua Broken?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:07pm
Same difference

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:12pm
Same repair bill?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:21pm
Cheaper

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:24pm
Makes you want to become a lonley tm repair man?
Just My opinion
gimmeagig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimmeagig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2007 at 8:50pm
I was hoping to get some useful information here.Not banter.How about it guys, can you help me out?    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>