Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

The NEW Activator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleanEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The NEW Activator
    Posted: 11/March/2007 at 10:59am
   I'd like to hear from anyone out there who has the new Activator. How's the performance and are you satisfied with the machine?
"The best compliment is a referal"
Sponsored Links

donalson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2007 at 5:16pm
i've gone one (under the Hruby name aka HOS) it was one of the last 2 '06 machines... supposed to have the upgraded 1hp motor (not sure as i can't tell by looking... but...

heres what i said about it recently on another forum...

I own a HOS and think it's a great machine... of corse i've never used another machine so everything i say doesn't realy apply to real life experiance with the other machines

i like that it has the brush/velcro combo pad driver as I feel that digs into the carpet better then a solid velcro drive plate can like that on the challenger (although CCS uses similar driver)

for looks it's not contest, the HOS is very nice looking with it's cast one peice frame... it's also very comfy to use, no holding the leaver, throw the on/off switch to ON and push the magic red button and off you go... the MTB bar ends while a bit cheesey are VERY comfortable, i never even use the big fatty motorcycle grips. when you want it off simply flip the switch...

they also have a spray system for the HOS that's pretty nice (although i'm saving for a CRB with a spray system on it).

the negs on the machine... the wheel wells should have been cut back further, to get up curbs and stairs you have to pull almost stright up... to much of an angle and it grinds the wells... the other neg is the upright locking meconism (SP?)... it works... but its a bit akward (somtimes have to kick it a few times to release) and have to make sure it's locked by kicking it closed before you drop the machine... although i think as I use the machine more it's braking itself in little by little... but it also limits the angle you can put the handel... from what I understand they are redesigning it or have done so, don't know if it can be used on the '06 machines though.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2007 at 2:31pm
The new Activator is a winner as far as I am concerned. But remember that I also sell them.

You may not get any comments back as the manufacturer brought them out approximately six months ago and then had a moving location dilemma therefore very few are in the marketplace.

This will change shortly. I do have one customer I asked to comment on our forum regarding his success with the two he purchased. But, he is the type who likes to share only with himself. I also have a customer in the Belleville area who has many good things to say. His name is Al. Hopefull Al will pick up on this and give you excellent unsolicited advise.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2007 at 9:09pm

I tried your Activator Ted and I was quite impressed.....it's the cleanest I've ever seen your carpets Ted

www.mr-steamer.com
donalson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2007 at 10:09pm
Carpetologist do you have a part of your sales page for the items in the "movers and shakers" thread?... 
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 5:13pm
You can do apartment corridors and large open areas for 5cents per sq. ft. and make $150.00 per hour with the Accelerator as a one man operation.

Why haul hoses?

P.S.
The Accelerator has no gas tank.

When they ask where the dirt goes you show them and then they leave you alone.

donalson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2007 at 11:26pm
i like to keep the nastiest pads dangeling over the top of my 5 gallon bucket... :) remind them why you are there...
Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2007 at 3:15am
That kinda resembles the Brute (or one of the machine that Orbitec sells) that John sells....

Is there any difference Ted??? MOtor size?? Cleaning speed??? ect. WHat Im tryin to say is.....What are the specs??

I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2007 at 11:13am
those machines feel cheap
www.mr-steamer.com
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2007 at 8:03am
The activator and the Brute are SIMILAR but set up quite a bit different and use different counterbalances and heads.
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2007 at 3:02pm
Meaning what??....Do they clean the same?? WHat differences justify one bein more expensive than the other??

Steemer, WHich machines feel cheaper??

I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2007 at 3:05pm
The activator feels cheap compared to a cimex...
www.mr-steamer.com
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2007 at 3:33pm
You cant compare the activator to the Cimex!!! Cimex is like a tank.

But, Also look at the price difference.

I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2007 at 4:35pm
Can't compare? How about results? How about square footage per hour? How about longevity? Humm, can't compare... ?
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>