Print Page | Close Window

The NEW Activator

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to very low moisture, encap and oscillating pad cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3540
Printed Date: 14/May/2024 at 5:39pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The NEW Activator
Posted By: CleanEvo
Subject: The NEW Activator
Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 10:59am
   I'd like to hear from anyone out there who has the new Activator. How's the performance and are you satisfied with the machine?

-------------
"The best compliment is a referal"

Replies:
Posted By: donalson
Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 5:16pm
i've gone one (under the Hruby name aka HOS) it was one of the last 2 '06 machines... supposed to have the upgraded 1hp motor (not sure as i can't tell by looking... but...

heres what i said about it recently on another forum...

I own a HOS and think it's a great machine... of corse i've never used another machine so everything i say doesn't realy apply to real life experiance with the other machines

i like that it has the brush/velcro combo pad driver as I feel that digs into the carpet better then a solid velcro drive plate can like that on the challenger (although CCS uses similar driver)

for looks it's not contest, the HOS is very nice looking with it's cast one peice frame... it's also very comfy to use, no holding the leaver, throw the on/off switch to ON and push the magic red button and off you go... the MTB bar ends while a bit cheesey are VERY comfortable, i never even use the big fatty motorcycle grips. when you want it off simply flip the switch...

they also have a spray system for the HOS that's pretty nice (although i'm saving for a CRB with a spray system on it).

the negs on the machine... the wheel wells should have been cut back further, to get up curbs and stairs you have to pull almost stright up... to much of an angle and it grinds the wells... the other neg is the upright locking meconism (SP?)... it works... but its a bit akward (somtimes have to kick it a few times to release) and have to make sure it's locked by kicking it closed before you drop the machine... although i think as I use the machine more it's braking itself in little by little... but it also limits the angle you can put the handel... from what I understand they are redesigning it or have done so, don't know if it can be used on the '06 machines though.

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 2:31pm
The http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3276 - new Activator is a winner as far as I am concerned. But remember that I also sell them.

You may not get any comments back as the manufacturer brought them out approximately six months ago and then had a moving location dilemma therefore very few are in the marketplace.

This will change shortly. I do have one customer I asked to comment on our forum regarding his success with the two he purchased. But, he is the type who likes to share only with himself. I also have a customer in the Belleville area who has many good things to say. His name is Al. Hopefull Al will pick up on this and give you excellent unsolicited advise.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 9:09pm

I tried your Activator Ted and I was quite impressed.....it's the cleanest I've ever seen your carpets Ted

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 10:09pm
member_profile.asp?PF=5&FID=24 - Carpetologist do you have a part of your sales page for the items in the "movers and shakers" thread?... 

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 5:13pm
You can do apartment corridors and large open areas for 5cents per sq. ft. and make $150.00 per hour with the Accelerator as a one man operation.

Why haul hoses?

P.S.
The Accelerator has no gas tank.

When they ask where the dirt goes you show them and then they leave you alone.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 17/March/2007 at 11:26pm
i like to keep the nastiest pads dangeling over the top of my 5 gallon bucket... :) remind them why you are there...

Posted By: Ninja-wand
Date Posted: 18/March/2007 at 3:15am
That kinda resembles the Brute (or one of the machine that Orbitec sells) that John sells....

Is there any difference Ted??? MOtor size?? Cleaning speed??? ect. WHat Im tryin to say is.....What are the specs??

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 18/March/2007 at 11:13am
those machines feel cheap

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: PadMan
Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 8:03am
The activator and the Brute are SIMILAR but set up quite a bit different and use different counterbalances and heads.

-------------
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 3:02pm
Meaning what??....Do they clean the same?? WHat differences justify one bein more expensive than the other??

Steemer, WHich machines feel cheaper??

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 3:05pm
The activator feels cheap compared to a cimex...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 3:33pm
You cant compare the activator to the Cimex!!! Cimex is like a tank.

But, Also look at the price difference.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 4:35pm
Can't compare? How about results? How about square footage per hour? How about longevity? Humm, can't compare... ?

-------------

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 4:58pm
Ted sells the activator for 4 grand! and a cimex for 3900 CDN

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 5:04pm
JMO.... The activator feels like a cheap cheap knock off of a rotory machine.... I don't like it's construction...

why would anyone want to wash pads after.....I'll take the results of a cimex over an OP machine anyday just because when the job is done it's done.....I don't have a bag of laundry...

oh here it comes...you thinking..oh it's not clean...poly pads are all smoke and mirrors...well my answer is

who the hell cares.....it's all about the look. Looking clean to the customer is all that matters.

looking clean is clean...

the smile on your customers face will tell you that this is true...

I'll take the top soil and oil challenge with my cimex anyday...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 6:58pm
I'll take the challenge Steamer, but hey, you make money and make your custys happy, right? Well, that IS what this business is all about.

-------------

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 8:55pm
WHoa...I didnt kniw that the activator is 4k.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 1:20am
at least up here it is....LOL

I've also seen it for as low as 1500...NEW

with such a cheaply constructed machine no wonder people knock them off...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 1:45am
1500-4000...Thats a big difference.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Posted By: CleanEvo
Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 3:01am
    Where did you see one for $1500...I'll take one for $1500.

-------------
"The best compliment is a referal"

Date Posted: 21/March/2007 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Ninja-wand Ninja-wand wrote:

WHoa...I didnt kniw that the activator is 4k.

We have confused you. The Activator is a Hruby OP Machine that sells for $2,500 Cdn. and comes with 25 cotton pads.

The Accelerator is the larger OP Machine made by Orbitech and sells for $4,195 Cdn.

Both have been very good performers and profitable to the new owners that we have sold to. Just today I rented out and Orbital OP Machine to a guy who normally cleans the carpets in the walkway at a convention hall. His normal cleaning is a Truckmount that takes him 2 days and they complain about drying times since the carpets are rolled up and loaded onto a truck for the next city and convention.

He did the same sq. footage with one man and the Accelerator OP Machine in 5 hours. His customer who was the normal complainer was overly pleased. $$$$$

-------------

Date Posted: 21/March/2007 at 12:46am
Ahhh... SO, The Accelerator,Brute,And Cimex is what we should do comparasion on.

Sometimes Op is faster in situations like those. I use Op for comm. all the time.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 21/March/2007 at 12:59am
accelerator...activator too many A's

it's the accelerator that I saw with the tanks and sprayer kit

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 21/March/2007 at 9:42am
it's the more inexpensive one that I have... and reviewed up top...

member_profile.asp?PF=5&FID=24 - Carpetologist   have you tried out the spray system for the hruby machine?... supposed to be a nice addition...

Date Posted: 21/March/2007 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by donalson donalson wrote:

member_profile.asp?PF=5&FID=24 - Carpetologist   have you tried out the spray system for the hruby machine?... supposed to be a nice addition...

No, I have not seen the new spraying system on the Hruby but we do have some on order. Will let you know.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/March/2007 at 12:58pm
pad washers of america.....bring you dirty soil pads to me...I'll wash them

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net