Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Todays Padding Pics and Facts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 3:06am
The IICRC police will bust his ass

The STD Meter
Sponsored Links

Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 3:23am
I vac about 75% of my jobs. Unless, the carpet looks REALLY REALLY clean...Then (I admit) I dont vac.

BUt, most houses do need a good vacuuming before cleaning IMO.

I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
CleanEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleanEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 10:59am
    I always pre-vac. It's another way I seperate myself from the competition. My business is all about referals so I need to do everything I can to impress the customer. I have tested it several times by putting a new bag when pre-vacuuming a very clean carpet and I'm always impressed at how much my vacuum still pulls out...so is the customer. I use a SEBO commercial upright and it has an incredible power head and great suction. When you get used to doing it at every job you do get good at it and it really doesn't take that much time. I think our job is to get our customers carpets as clean as we possibly can and a good pre-vacuum definately helps.

Just my opinion...to each their own.
"The best compliment is a referal"
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 3:34pm
It's got nothing to do with quality and soil removal. Guys don't vac because carpet cleaning guys are macho and vacuuming is a woman's job. When a guy carpet cleaner must vacuum he plays with your head and calls it 'pile lifting'.

Padman does not let that bother him. He vacuums, and then goes to the bank.

Edited by Carpetologist - 14/March/2007 at 4:54pm
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 7:29pm
WHAT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can all seperate yourselves away from the competition keep vac'in

I guess 1 job a day is good enough....

I guess when you don't have any experience you listen to any sort of bull

www.mr-steamer.com
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 7:34pm

I do vac commercial carpets because a lot of dirt gets into that...but residential....nope I tell the customer to do it...if they do it I wouldn't know..

I don't know what you guys use but I use a TM with up to 1000 psi if needed and loads of suction...Big smile
www.mr-steamer.com
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 8:45pm
I just finished a resturant 30 minutes ago. I vacuumed it. She said what are you doing - vacuuming? Then she said the other guys never did that - makes sense. As I was finishing the job I took out my upholstery stool and cleaned around the foot rail at the bar. She said the other guys have never cleaned that. Then she gave me a check and said I want you to call me every three months so I don't forget.
Do I vacuum? - yes!
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 10:21pm
Stop it.....You're making us hacks look bad

The STD Meter
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 11:59pm
You would vacuum too when you can do a 200 square foot resturant (teeny weeny place) at 4 in the afternoon 5 minutes from home and be in and out in under an hour for $175. I would have wiped the bar too. Easy nice money and not at midnight. Its on the end of a pier and nice to be in too.
http://www.alpinemarineadventurecentre.ca/bistro.htm
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:38am
Nice place. Menu looks good

The STD Meter
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:39am
but really now getting back to the hi-jack...do you really need to vac a residential carpet in the city or burbs????

maybe in the rural areas...
www.mr-steamer.com
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:43am
I think it makes a better product. I do 90% of the time.
I saw a protype wand down at MikeFest that had a lever on the handle that looked like a bicycle brake lever that opened a trap door down near the wand lips that you flip open to pick up the chunks. It looked like a good tool for apartment work etc. He wouldn't allow any pictures of it.
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:44am
I was impressed with the Brute I saw in use down at MikeFest
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:53am
Forget about the new tm, buy a Brute

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>