Print Page | Close Window

Todays Padding Pics and Facts

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to very low moisture, encap and oscillating pad cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3534
Printed Date: 09/May/2024 at 4:10pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Todays Padding Pics and Facts
Posted By: PadMan
Subject: Todays Padding Pics and Facts
Date Posted: 09/March/2007 at 6:22pm
I post these pics so people can see the times, the amounts, the results and that we get this on all jobs, not just some.
Remember, these carpets are cleaned with HighSpeed CCS OP machines.

First Job
Berber
.25 Cents "empty?
$107.50
40 Minutes
Whamm/ Z-bomb
9 Combo pads

Second job
.32 cents
$419.92
9 combo pads
1 hr 20 minutes
Whamm/ Z-bomb
Wool area rug.

Third job
.32 cents
50.00 Min
2 combo pads
15 minutes
Wham/ Z-bomb

-------------
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!

Replies:
Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 09/March/2007 at 7:17pm
Can you see the light?      

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Posted By: wheelerman
Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 11:38pm
    I see wand marks......

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 11/March/2007 at 11:53pm
no he doesn't carry a wand... those are Vac marks

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 10:38am
Just that statement show most people have NO IDEA about OP. Steamer is right, no wand on the truck, just vac marks from my PF 757.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 11:02am
Padman he thought you where cheating with a little HWE

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: donalson
Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 11:09am
i think it's more that most HWE don't even carry a vac on the truck ;-)

Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 12:20pm
I don't...why would you anyways..??? if I have to I have an attachment...but most times we tell the customers to move breakable and vac before we get there

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 12/March/2007 at 10:06pm
a HWE friend of mine put it nicely... although i can't rember it word for word... but he basicly said... "it protects my investment"... why put all that CRAP though my machine when i can pick it up with a vacuum before hand...

I've walked up to houses where i had to knock a few times so they could hear me because they where vacuuming... I went right to work with my vac... more often then not i still pick up a good bit of stuff (this specific one was berber and i picked up almost 2 cup fulls of hair and soil and that was only about 600 sq/ft in my 80$ bissell vac...

even if i was HWE... i can agree with my friend... i'd rather put that in my bissell then though my machine.

Posted By: bryan
Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 12:19am
    I can go back after your Bissell and still pick up more. You can always pick up more.  I have a friend that sells vacuums and thats how he sells them.  Tells them to vacuum then he vacuums with his machine.  He then shows them how there vacuum sucks and sells his. If the customer would go back after him they would also pick up stuff. 
    What crap is going though your TM dirty water, Hair?  How does this hurt your TM, are you not using filters?  People make suck a big deal with vacuuming. I agree it aid in the cleaning (but very little unless there is piles of dirt on the floor) but the way some talk sounds like it is the main cleaning.  For the people that say vacuuming is the main part do this.  Take two white t-shirts rub them in dirt, take one and vacuum it then throw it in the wash take the other and just throw it in the wash with out vacuuming.  Pull them both out and tell me you can tell the one you vacuumed.

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 1:31am
I agree totally Bryan.

-------------

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 11:01am
good points... i know thats how kirby sells $2200 vacs to people... you vac... then I vac and still pull up crap...

still i feel that they are paying you for a job... and part of that job is vacing... but each to their own... i guess i've found that most people don't do as good of a job at vacing as they think they do....

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 12:07pm
with HWE pre-vac is helpful with a portable...that doesn't have enough suction...

with a TM you can get away without the greatest pre-vac.....

it's only dry soil... you pre-spray and make mud...but you have more than enough psi to flush that and more than enough suction to suck it away.

it all depends on whats in the carpet.....if there is alot of pet hair a pre-vac is a great idea regardless...

but get the customer to do that....the have to prep before you get there anyways

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

I don't...why would you anyways..??? if I have to I have an attachment...but most times we tell the customers to move breakable and vac before we get there

If my dentist told me to brush my teeth before I come in for a cleaning I would have doubts about his service or system. And if my dry cleaner told me to vacuum my suit before I took it to him I would take it elsewhere.

Somehow I just may think different about a service I am paying for is counting on my time and labour to help get it clean.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 2:30pm
Depends Ted, do they want you spending your time cleaning, or cleaning up after them?

Most prefer you to spend your professional time, CLEANING the carpet.

-------------

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 4:13pm
Padman,

If I was a cleaner again I would appreciate the customer vacuuming prior to me coming to clean. But experience has shown me over and over that the majority of customers vacuums are very poor and much less effective than an industrial vacuum or pile lifter that I would take in. And those who have excellent vacuums you will find the bag full and not functioning properly.

Few people ever maintain their vacuums. They run them until they do not work anymore. They blame the seller of manufacturer. I understand this because no one likes cleaning a dusty disgusting vacuum cleaner, including myself.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 4:22pm
10-4 on many not being good at it using nasty equipment, but I think the age of CHEAP vacs has actually helped. Nowaday people are buying disposable vacs and are actually doing a better job.

-------------

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

If my dentist told me to brush my teeth before I come in for a cleaning I would have doubts about his service or system.  
You must have a hack for a dentist...it's a common courtesy to brush your teeth before you go.....it sure would be embrassing if the dentist had to tell you thatEmbarrassed.....and I've heard the dentist tell that to a customer before...not a pretty sight

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 7:24pm
Steamer I can understand why you would not want to vacuum with the price you are charging.

You get what you pay for!

That is not to say that you do not do a great job!

If I was paying top dollar for my carpets to be cleaned and they did not vacuum, I would call them a hack!

Unfortunately most people do not know the importance of dry soil removal.

I thought I had a decent vacuum until I bought a new one and saw for myself what I was leaving behind      

We are carpet cleaners! Why not clean the carpet with all the steps??

-------------

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 9:50pm

Hammy must think this is the red board...I have not seen one carpet cleaner in the whole gta vac first...

who are y'all foolin

even guys who charge more than I do don't vac

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 10:10pm
No red board here Steamer!

If I was charging a premium price I would pre vac!

That was including empty apts too!

No bullsh*t here!    

-------------

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 10:23pm
I love the way the bull comes out...plus the customer doesn't know if it should be vac'd first or not...

bahahahahahahahaha...

I've worked for a lot of little and big companies..

service master no vac

interior care no vac

stewarts out in oakvile

NO VAC

I wonder if the wizard vac's...doesn't say he does on his web sight..

I don't think not vac'ing is a big deal.......like ted says most vacs don't work well

unless it's a big pile of top soil you are really wasting your time

I'll hack away....

and another thing I find it almost insulting when people say "for the prices you charge"

I make a damn good living ...and I sleep very well at night

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 10:36pm
Steamer;

Like I said for what you charge I pick no bones with you for not doing a pre vac!

I started cleaning carpets for a propery management company when I was 19

When I was 21 I started cleaning carpets for myself and paid for an education myself

If there was one thing I learned was that I had to separate myself from the competition

One of the biggest things over the years that new customers said to me was "Wow You Vacuum My Carpets Before You Clean Them"

Steamer I am not from the GTA!

There is more to the carpet cleaning world than the GTA!

I could give two sh*ts if you do not believe me or not

I do not have to prove myself to anybody now!

If you think that you can achieve good results without a pre vac than carry on!

Stir Mud!     

-------------

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 10:54pm
Paul, Tony and I worked on the vacuum cleaner testing team at MikeFest. The $99 Bissell Cleanview kicked the snot out of all the vacuum cleaners except the Sanitaire. Even the so called top of the line professional ones.

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 11:11pm
That Cleanview is available at Canadian Tire for $129. The next vac I buy will be one of those

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 13/March/2007 at 11:21pm
I bought one two weeks ago!      

Would you like a pic Steamer?

-------------

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 12:59am
Angrystir mud my ass.....

PULEAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've clean vac's carpets I've clean unvac'd carpets...  your not talking to some yahoo that only cleaned 2 jobs in his entire life

the difference is minimal if any..........MINIMAL!!!!!!

I hate to sound like I'm upset...really i'm not...but sometimes I hate to hear the holyer than thou babble bullsh*t....

oh I run 3" suction hose right into the house

I spend 1 hour vac'in getting right into all the corners with my cervis tool

I pre-spray the whole carpet, adding traffic lane to all high traffic areas

I scrubb the carpet and then allow for a 15 min dwell time...

I move pad and block all furniture....... I bring in an adjust wand for under the beds and a furniture lifter for the heavy pieces....

I carry at least 5 arir moves on the truck and place them in every room when I'm done

I go over and double dry vac all areas to help drying with my 2.5" wand and glide

I rake the entire carpet to get the wand marks out and help it to dry

I spot...I dye balah blah blah

I could sit here and fockin lie all damn day...and I charge 100 dollars a room...thats what it would take to cover it all..

to make a difference vac'in would take JUST AS LONG AS TO CLEANAngry

I WOULD LOVE TO MEET THIS PERFECT NON HACK OF A CARPET CLEANER,BECAUSE I HAVEN'T MET ONE YET

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 1:05am
Believe it or not I have. His name is Ron Werner of Happy Carpet Cleaning in Sooke BC www.gethappy.ca
He does just that and I have worked beside him on several jobs on both his and my truck. He IS that particular - he is busy - and he gets top dollar.

Incredible isn't it Steamer? I know he is the exception. PS he does cheat and doesn't use a crevice tool.

-------------

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 3:06am
The IICRC police will bust his ass

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Ninja-wand
Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 3:23am
I vac about 75% of my jobs. Unless, the carpet looks REALLY REALLY clean...Then (I admit) I dont vac.

BUt, most houses do need a good vacuuming before cleaning IMO.

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Posted By: CleanEvo
Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 10:59am
    I always pre-vac. It's another way I seperate myself from the competition. My business is all about referals so I need to do everything I can to impress the customer. I have tested it several times by putting a new bag when pre-vacuuming a very clean carpet and I'm always impressed at how much my vacuum still pulls out...so is the customer. I use a SEBO commercial upright and it has an incredible power head and great suction. When you get used to doing it at every job you do get good at it and it really doesn't take that much time. I think our job is to get our customers carpets as clean as we possibly can and a good pre-vacuum definately helps.

Just my opinion...to each their own.

-------------
"The best compliment is a referal"

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 3:34pm
It's got nothing to do with quality and soil removal. Guys don't vac because carpet cleaning guys are macho and vacuuming is a woman's job. When a guy carpet cleaner must vacuum he plays with your head and calls it 'pile lifting'.

Padman does not let that bother him. He vacuums, and then goes to the bank.

-------------

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 7:29pm
WHAT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can all seperate yourselves away from the competition keep vac'in

I guess 1 job a day is good enough....

I guess when you don't have any experience you listen to any sort of bull

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 7:34pm

I do vac commercial carpets because a lot of dirt gets into that...but residential....nope I tell the customer to do it...if they do it I wouldn't know..

I don't know what you guys use but I use a TM with up to 1000 psi if needed and loads of suction...Big smile

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 8:45pm
I just finished a resturant 30 minutes ago. I vacuumed it. She said what are you doing - vacuuming? Then she said the other guys never did that - makes sense. As I was finishing the job I took out my upholstery stool and cleaned around the foot rail at the bar. She said the other guys have never cleaned that. Then she gave me a check and said I want you to call me every three months so I don't forget.
Do I vacuum? - yes!

-------------

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 10:21pm
Stop it.....You're making us hacks look bad

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 11:59pm
You would vacuum too when you can do a 200 square foot resturant (teeny weeny place) at 4 in the afternoon 5 minutes from home and be in and out in under an hour for $175. I would have wiped the bar too. Easy nice money and not at midnight. Its on the end of a pier and nice to be in too.
http://www.alpinemarineadventurecentre.ca/bistro.htm

-------------

Date Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:38am
Nice place. Menu looks good

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:39am
but really now getting back to the hi-jack...do you really need to vac a residential carpet in the city or burbs????

maybe in the rural areas...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:43am
I think it makes a better product. I do 90% of the time.
I saw a protype wand down at MikeFest that had a lever on the handle that looked like a bicycle brake lever that opened a trap door down near the wand lips that you flip open to pick up the chunks. It looked like a good tool for apartment work etc. He wouldn't allow any pictures of it.

-------------

Date Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:44am
I was impressed with the Brute I saw in use down at MikeFest

-------------

Date Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:53am
Forget about the new tm, buy a Brute

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 15/March/2007 at 12:57am
Here's an idea I was thinging about.
ACE in this
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=25070978&pgno=1&srt=7
Ace will install everything in a day and do if free.

-------------

Date Posted: 15/March/2007 at 1:17am
I like the Isuzu better

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 2:31pm
That first room you did isn't clean enough.... look at it real close boyz...Downer

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 3:09pm
Sure it is, it is still damp and wherever you start a pad shows until it is dry.

-------------

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 8:34am
it doesn't look bad...could use a little hwe...LOL

padman you know on the red board you'd get called a hack for not grooming after...LOL

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 11:34am
You can get called a hack on the ICS for not charging a buck a foot too...LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 7:41pm
I do charge a buck a foot...Big smile

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 8:29pm
You're on the wrong board. Let me point you in the right direction.......

http://www.i-boards.com/ics/

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 8:30pm
For wood floors..................LOL  

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net