Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Todays Padding Pics and Facts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 2:30pm
Depends Ted, do they want you spending your time cleaning, or cleaning up after them?

Most prefer you to spend your professional time, CLEANING the carpet.
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 4:13pm
Padman,

If I was a cleaner again I would appreciate the customer vacuuming prior to me coming to clean. But experience has shown me over and over that the majority of customers vacuums are very poor and much less effective than an industrial vacuum or pile lifter that I would take in. And those who have excellent vacuums you will find the bag full and not functioning properly.

Few people ever maintain their vacuums. They run them until they do not work anymore. They blame the seller of manufacturer. I understand this because no one likes cleaning a dusty disgusting vacuum cleaner, including myself.

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 4:22pm
10-4 on many not being good at it using nasty equipment, but I think the age of CHEAP vacs has actually helped. Nowaday people are buying disposable vacs and are actually doing a better job.
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

I don't...why would you anyways..??? if I have to I have an attachment...but most times we tell the customers to move breakable and vac before we get there

If my dentist told me to brush my teeth before I come in for a cleaning I would have doubts about his service or system.  
You must have a hack for a dentist...it's a common courtesy to brush your teeth before you go.....it sure would be embrassing if the dentist had to tell you thatEmbarrassed.....and I've heard the dentist tell that to a customer before...not a pretty sight
www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 7:24pm
Steamer I can understand why you would not want to vacuum with the price you are charging.

You get what you pay for!

That is not to say that you do not do a great job!

If I was paying top dollar for my carpets to be cleaned and they did not vacuum, I would call them a hack!

Unfortunately most people do not know the importance of dry soil removal.

I thought I had a decent vacuum until I bought a new one and saw for myself what I was leaving behind      

We are carpet cleaners! Why not clean the carpet with all the steps??
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 9:50pm

Hammy must think this is the red board...I have not seen one carpet cleaner in the whole gta vac first...

who are y'all foolin

even guys who charge more than I do don't vac

www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 10:10pm
No red board here Steamer!

If I was charging a premium price I would pre vac!

That was including empty apts too!

No bullsh*t here!    
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 10:23pm
I love the way the bull comes out...plus the customer doesn't know if it should be vac'd first or not...

bahahahahahahahaha...

I've worked for a lot of little and big companies..

service master no vac

interior care no vac

stewarts out in oakvile

NO VAC

I wonder if the wizard vac's...doesn't say he does on his web sight..

I don't think not vac'ing is a big deal.......like ted says most vacs don't work well

unless it's a big pile of top soil you are really wasting your time

I'll hack away....

and another thing I find it almost insulting when people say "for the prices you charge"

I make a damn good living ...and I sleep very well at night
www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 10:36pm
Steamer;

Like I said for what you charge I pick no bones with you for not doing a pre vac!

I started cleaning carpets for a propery management company when I was 19

When I was 21 I started cleaning carpets for myself and paid for an education myself

If there was one thing I learned was that I had to separate myself from the competition

One of the biggest things over the years that new customers said to me was "Wow You Vacuum My Carpets Before You Clean Them"

Steamer I am not from the GTA!

There is more to the carpet cleaning world than the GTA!

I could give two sh*ts if you do not believe me or not

I do not have to prove myself to anybody now!

If you think that you can achieve good results without a pre vac than carry on!

Stir Mud!     
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 10:54pm
Paul, Tony and I worked on the vacuum cleaner testing team at MikeFest. The $99 Bissell Cleanview kicked the snot out of all the vacuum cleaners except the Sanitaire. Even the so called top of the line professional ones.

Edited by pilediver - 13/March/2007 at 11:17pm
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 11:11pm
That Cleanview is available at Canadian Tire for $129. The next vac I buy will be one of those

The STD Meter
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 11:21pm
I bought one two weeks ago!      

Would you like a pic Steamer?
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 12:59am
Angrystir mud my ass.....

PULEAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've clean vac's carpets I've clean unvac'd carpets...  your not talking to some yahoo that only cleaned 2 jobs in his entire life

the difference is minimal if any..........MINIMAL!!!!!!

I hate to sound like I'm upset...really i'm not...but sometimes I hate to hear the holyer than thou babble bullsh*t....

oh I run 3" suction hose right into the house

I spend 1 hour vac'in getting right into all the corners with my cervis tool

I pre-spray the whole carpet, adding traffic lane to all high traffic areas

I scrubb the carpet and then allow for a 15 min dwell time...

I move pad and block all furniture....... I bring in an adjust wand for under the beds and a furniture lifter for the heavy pieces....

I carry at least 5 arir moves on the truck and place them in every room when I'm done

I go over and double dry vac all areas to help drying with my 2.5" wand and glide

I rake the entire carpet to get the wand marks out and help it to dry

I spot...I dye balah blah blah

I could sit here and fockin lie all damn day...and I charge 100 dollars a room...thats what it would take to cover it all..

to make a difference vac'in would take JUST AS LONG AS TO CLEANAngry

I WOULD LOVE TO MEET THIS PERFECT NON HACK OF A CARPET CLEANER,BECAUSE I HAVEN'T MET ONE YET

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

www.mr-steamer.com
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2007 at 1:05am
Believe it or not I have. His name is Ron Werner of Happy Carpet Cleaning in Sooke BC www.gethappy.ca
He does just that and I have worked beside him on several jobs on both his and my truck. He IS that particular - he is busy - and he gets top dollar.

Incredible isn't it Steamer? I know he is the exception. PS he does cheat and doesn't use a crevice tool.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>