Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How much do you pay for..........?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Steamer likes to call em as he sees em

Problem is, he is such a cheap ass cleaner himself, that he cannot understand how others can charge way more than him. Plus he can't add either.......

I never said my techs charge $1/sq ft, I said I do, because I am the only one that has the Power-Dri installed in the van. It only works with the PTO driven TMS. The other 3 vans have the Raptors in them(47 blower/25 HP engine/propane heat). There are not many customers in even this rich town that will pay $1/sq ft for under 10 minute dry carpet, so I don't do much work with my unit. But what I have made this year working just 5 machine hrs/week on average will amaze you.

235.5 hours @avg $393/hr = $92,551.50 up till November 30th. After December is in I should top $100,000 again this year, after I make another $8000 this month working 20 hours on the truck.

My techs do not charge more than .50/sq with their trucks, which is probably what is confusing you Earl. They also do not work on volume like you do either. They dont have to, cause they make way more per house than you do.Would it surprise you to know that they only average 9 jobs a week each and still end up with over $200,000 per truck at the end of the year? Listen and learn:

We average cleaning 724 sq ft on the average house

That works out to $362.00 at .50/sq ft

We sell or upsell another $114/house on top of that. That includes things like guard, furniture cleaning, airduct cleaning, etc.

Total is now $476/house. Average time is 2.5 hours or $190/hour. Not bad. They work about 5 hours/day each on average. That is why I pay them by 50% commission instead of by the hour. I want them to make money.

They average about 450 residential jobs per year/truck. At the $476 house average we are running this year, that will work out close to $214,200 per truck.There commission on that work pays them $107,100

That does not include the 11% of our business that is commercial OR the 14% that is water Damage which they do on top of that as well, pushing their gross income well past $100,000 each. Multiple all that X 3 and you will understand why my friends that know what I got here call my business "the Goldmine". I am not bragging here, cause you made me show you what a little street smarts can do when running a small company with only 3 trucks.

Any questions?????

I can type slower if you need me to slow down so you can comprehend this, eh?

Edited by Superglide Ken - 07/December/2006 at 8:40pm
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 8:35pm
Ken  Harris

Address 8448 Silver Springs Rd NW
Calgary, AB
T3B 4J6
Telephone (403) 247-2640
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 8:36pm
Yes this is all possible ken...but not by you.....thats all I say..

your too full of shiat
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 8:39pm
So are you Earl.......That Ken Harris you posted up there is NOT ME!!!!!!!!

Heck, if it was that easy to find me in this city, don't you think that HR would have been able to do it in the year they looked for me before they gave up last month? I will give you a clue: There are 24 Ken Harris names listed in this city. You could not find me unless I want you to.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 07/December/2006 at 8:45pm
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 8:48pm
Mr. Steamer!! Check under the city?Guitar
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 8:50pm
Holy crap Batman.....I need a backhoe
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 8:56pm
Oh, and one more thing Earl. Notice that the number of houses that my trucks clean in a year(1350 or so)is probably pretty close to what you do per year with just your 1 TRUCK? But You would not earn even the money that one of my techs would, doing near a third of the work.Maybe someday you will figure out what you are doing wrong and I am doing right? But I doubt it.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 9:00pm
His tech onlu work 5 hrs a day? The rest of the time is spent having the trucks towed from job to job?Guitar
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

His tech onlu work 5 hrs a day? The rest of the time is spent having the trucks towed from job to job?[IMG]height=22 alt=Guitar src="http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/smileys/guitar.gif" width=22 align=absMiddle>

Doug, you would be lucky where you are to even find 5 hours/day of work. That is why you have time to sit in your bush and run your post totals up each week.Poor Mr. Steamer is running around the GTA tryng to knock off 6 jobs a day cleaning carpets. No wonder he does not stand a chance of ever catching up unless your go on vacation for 6 months straight, and don't bring a laptop with you!

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 9:20pm
None of us seem to be suffering with our non SGK approaches to business.
Although we will never be Kenny Gates
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 9:40pm
Kenny I'm not lying about what I have or what I make....

I think I do pretty good...and I charge what my market can handle ..I'm neither the cheapest or the most expensive...

and I always come HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...LOL

.50 cents a sq ft = $100 bucks for the average room...I have 5 bedrooms all that size.....I don't think I'd pay $500 to anyone
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

So are you Earl.......That Ken Harris you posted up there is NOT ME!!!!!!!!

Heck, if it was that easy to find me in this city, don't you think that HR would have been able to do it in the year they looked for me before they gave up last month? I will give you a clue: There are 24 Ken Harris names listed in this city. You could not find me unless I want you to.

ken didn't you say in the last couple of days that soon you'll be the only one allowed to sell Glides by HR??
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Yes I joke around...but when it comes to chattin carpet I can give my view like the next guy....

been doing it too long...hate to read bullshiat[IMG]height=17 alt=Angry src="http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/smileys/smiley7.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

Wow! What I surprise. I guess we know you are BSing us when you tell us you own a 4200 sq ft house then. That size of house in Calgary is worth over a million dollars these days. And I know that GTA prices are still higher than Calgary. That means Earl is BSing us again, or he lives in a house in the GTA that is worth near $1.5 Million dollars.

Now lets see. Considering the cheap prices Mr. Steamer is charging for his work, does that get ol Earl into a house worth more than $1 Million dollars. Unless Earl has a rich Sugar Daddy somewhere to buy this house for him, you know what I think of this claim, eh?????

BTW, I only live in a 1400 sq ft house worth $400,000 in Calgary here, yet my companies(Carpet Cleaning and Manufacturing)will only gross a total of around $1 Million between them. Is there something wrong with this picture here???????
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 10:02pm
I can pic my house if you'd like to see...just to prove a point...

If you admit that you are lying..I'll do that right now...you can even see my neat chirstmas lights
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>