Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How much do you pay for..........?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 1:40am
I don't get it either
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 7:59am
let me straighten it out for you...SGK has NO TRUCKS!   ZERO! NADA! and no carpet cleaning business...

if he does...send your phone number in private...because of course he would never do that in public to me or cmaster  so we can call to see if it's legit...

I doubt that.....  Kenny has a need to feel a part of something...but I can smell the BULL

Edited by MR. STEAMER - 06/December/2006 at 12:17pm
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 8:31am
And the saga continues.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 8:36am
Bullsaga
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 10:24am
You are wrong Steamer. I am hiding all my assets at this time, as I have been doing for over 3 years now so that HR cannot get them BEFORE I get a chance to dismiss their suit against me. That will be no later than June, a mere 6 months away. I shall be happy to post the info you ask after that so that you can see I have what I say I do.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 12:17pm

take a pic of just the insides of ur 3 trucks

Edited by MR. STEAMER - 06/December/2006 at 12:18pm
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 12:19pm
How about a website link to your cleaning company
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 12:21pm
What good would that do? Someone would just say I did not own them, like you did when NR posted pictures of the 2 Vortexs he was selling. I know that they are real, but you doubted it?
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Hammy Hammy wrote:

How about a website link to your cleaning company

I am not telling anyone what the name of my company is or it's address.That is an asset that can be found then.

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

You are wrong Steamer. I am hiding all my assets at this time, as I have been doing for over 3 years now so that HR cannot get them BEFORE I get a chance to dismiss their suit against me. That will be no later than June, a mere 6 months away. I shall be happy to post the info you ask after that so that you can see I have what I say I do.

Save this post til June. Then we'll see what new excuses SGK has

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 3:56pm
Save it all you want. My lawyer has the terms of an agreement with HR almost worked out, that will have me clear to be the only glide seller in the USA by June or sooner. I don't care what people know I own after that.
shrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 4:24pm
I agree with you guys on high quality/ high price service. Theres nothing worse than cleaning the dirtiest restuarnt in town for 10 cents a foot because the manager only wants the lowest price, no matter what. When starting out seven years ago, thats all I had. It sucked being up til three in the morning to bring home a hundred bucks.
Now I stay busy making 150/hr on empty apt and residentials because I do a good job, and gosh darnit, people like me. I'm providing service they're not use to, and they don't have any more headaches from a one cheek job(half a&$).

So I don't know where the balance is. I stick to some of my vendors because I just like them, but it's usually because of service, not the product. So with that, I'm always open to a lower price, as long as I'm not getting rug doctor like quality.

We use propane, so you know we're safe.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 4:37pm
So I don't know where the balance is.

The balance is the highest price you can stay busy with. If you are turning work away, you need to increase your prices. For instance, back in 2001, I tried to increase my furnished cleaning prices up to .60/sq from the .50/sq I was charging. Business fell off by 32% in the next 3 months. First time that has happened to me, so I put the prices back to .50 again and have kept them there for wand cleaning ever since.So you can over do it. My advice is to move up your prices by .05/sq ft whenever you turn away for than 10% of the work you are doing now. That will knock your workload down by at least 10% or more but your net income will go up at least 20 to 25%, and you will be far ahead on a net basis.
shrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 5:11pm
Cool math, maybe my calaouses on my hands will go down 10 percent too. We should post pictures of our hands. Then we could really see who is working, and who just has calaouses on their figure tips from spending too much time on here.(ken, steamer, doug)
If thats not the case, then show your techs hands, cause I'm sure most of you are smart enough not to do everything yourself.
Seriously, how cold is it up there in Canada EH. You guys are on here all the time. I check periodically, and boom, theres 25 responses from the last time.

But it is cool to have other carpet cleaners to talk to. We've got the coolest stories that most just cant relate with.
For instance.....What's the longest time you've let your dump water (shrack) sit in your tank?

I gave my friend a ride with two day old shrack in the tank and wow, he's not my friend anymore.

Do you ever use your vac hose to "clear the air"? (stick it on your pant leg for 5 sec until the smell is gone)

Ever flooded your van when filling?

Ever carbon monoxide your customers because you parked too close with wrong wind?

Ever pee in your competitions gas tank? Me niether.

We use propane, so you know we're safe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>