Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Christmas Rush

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny BonoHo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2006 at 10:01pm
lol good thing i made a day out of blowin that tire back up thenLOL
Refuse 2 Fail
*Disclaimer Disclaimer* All of my comments are worthless and may lack spelling, punctuation, and detail.
Sponsored Links

pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2006 at 10:12pm
People who book by making impulsive decisions also cancel just as quick. First they will tell you to come just to make sure someone is coming and then they phone around for a better price and then phone you back about one hour before you are to arrive and cancel. These are the same boneheads that when you get to the house its covered in crap and the driveway is plugged or they are still moving out. NO THANKS unless I get a good feeling about them.

Edited by pilediver - 04/December/2006 at 10:13pm
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
calskin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2006 at 10:17pm
I totally agree (if you don't mind me commenting) about the same day service thing.  The people in my town love to call at 3 and try and get squeezed in that day when they're moving and possession is tomorrow.  That situation is kinda hard to train people out of though because they're usually only your customer once because they're moving.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2006 at 10:27pm
Unfortunately you vision of sameday service and mine are very far apart?  I am in the service business. If I have a truck doing nothing and someone wants something done it gets done?  When the day comes that I am as rich and independ as the rest of you I also will tell poeple to call someone who gives a sh*t? I thought I was on the Red Bored for a minute. SGK $1.00 sq. ft. ????? In you dreams? No wonder the people in NY think you are some kind of Idiot sorry is that how you spell Idiol? My spelling is never that good?
Just My opinion
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2006 at 10:35pm
Doug, I ain't rich and I am just as likely available as not as a new operator. But in my short time in the biz I have been screwed around a couple of times and it leaves a bad taste. Perhaps when I am set up with a couple of TMs then it won't be as bad.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2006 at 10:51pm
I'm with Doug on this one. If the truck and staff are available send them out
calskin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2006 at 11:34pm
I'm with you there.  If I have half a day booked I'm happy to fill it in with whoever calls.  I'm just talking about working over time for people who think that a lack of preparation on their part constitutes an emergency on mine.
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2006 at 11:59pm
If you don't do it somebody else will.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2006 at 1:08am
Exactly
calskin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2006 at 2:49am
Yeah, you're right.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2006 at 8:38am

good point of view...but I still rather not do a sameday call...If I'm booking it on the phone...I'm going to book it for 2 days later.

You look hungry if you book it sameday...people may like it...but I like to know and plan what I'm doing day to day

Unless the customer has no other choice and needs it today it's an emergency.

when you offer sameday service you have to offer sameday service upon availability or you run the risk of screwing yourself. Distance and size of call also plays a roll.

Don't look like a punk look like a professional..

doug lives in a small town he farts and everyone smells it

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2006 at 11:53am
Lets get one thing strait. Mr. Steamer from the GTA! You can F**KUP till the cows come home and still stay in business because no one remembers  the big dufus that cleaned their house a week after you leave. In a small area you don't have new customers to choose from everyday and operate under a couple of different names. No one has to offer sameday servie but if the opportunity arrises why would you pass it up pretending you are busy when in fact you are begging for work? Only in the GTA?
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2006 at 12:35pm
sorry doug..I didn't clarify what I ment.... you live in a small town...everyone knows you..plus the area is small...np for same day appointments for you.....5 minutes drive from one end to the other for you..

I work in a larger area...and it makes sense for me to try and group my calls.....if I'm booking oakville..I try to put any oakville calls on that day...if I get a call up in bolton ,,,that aint going to work...

I have to do it if I promote sameday service.....but if I put it off for a couple of days I might be able to book a few more in that area...maybe just by picking up the phone and calling customers close by...

If you running around like a chicken with your head chopped off your not making much money...you end up spending it all in gas travel...

I can do 1 call in 25 Litres of gas...or I can try to do 2 or 3 for the same amount of gas...if I can book them close together...

I didn't say samedays where the worst...but only if it works out for you should you book it..

well then again...I book 15 to 30 calls every week...and I don't have a one call a day set up...so I look at thinds differently...

I booked a milton for friday dec 13....  and it so happed I got another Milton call...she asked what day I had available...I told her firday dec 13th.....good now I got 2 in milton...

I could of booked it sameday and lost money going out to milton twice

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2006 at 1:40pm
Lets get anouther thing straight Doug. I do get $1/sq ft for my same day service here in Calgary. For that rate they get 1 hr service most of the time. The job is also done by the Power-Dri RX20 system that has the carpets dry 10 minutes after they get cleaned.I said this 2 years ago the last time this question came up. Too bad you don't listen well. I live in Canada's richest city and am Calgary'shighest priced cleaner here. We have over 17,000 millionares living here. It is not hard getting this kind of rate here if service is what you can deliver. I imagine if the area you live in is close to a Bush, the chances of you ever getting what I can is very remote, but I can and do.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>