Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Us Products King Cobra 500?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Us Products King Cobra 500?
    Posted: 19/October/2006 at 9:41pm
What do you think about the King Cobra 500? What other machine is comperable or better?

Frank P.
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2006 at 11:58pm
If your using it for carpet, it has one 3 stage vac. not sure of the psi pump and toooooo expensive. Not enough suck dude.

I had the regular cobra with 100psi and 2-2stage with heat exchanger. What a joke for 2K. 10 months later the heater died, under warranty.

The Company i bought it from bought it back. Able supply.

I think a rug doctor might be comparable....LOL!!!

Don't waste your $$$ on it. There are better portys that cost less...

GOODLUCK MAN.....

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2006 at 2:43pm
We have sold King Cobra 500 with no complaints about its performance. The only down we experienced was its size and weight. It takes 2 people to lift it in and out of a van. Many other machines in the market that offer 500 psi or greater are more manageable. Cobra would be a great unit to take to large jobs and leave at a location. But, to attempt five household jobs per day may be a tiring job.

Look at the Ninja...if you do choose King Cobra U.S. Products are great people for backing up their products.

P.S.
The new Ninja 1200 is a manageable size although a little heavy, but it also allows you to clean all hard surfaces besides carpet.

To kick the Ninja 500 to a higher level you can purchase a separate Booster-Box that will take you to 265" water lift.

Booster Box

This is 2 X 2 stage vac motors that connect to a Ninja which now gives you 4 vac motors. 500 psi option &  two cords gives 260 inches of water lift. This was built to allow a Ninja to clean duct work. But many have had much success with carpet cleaning.
Wow how dry it is!

Edited by Carpetologist - 24/October/2006 at 8:15pm
CleanEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleanEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2007 at 1:00pm
   How much vac line could you run with the vac booster on a Ninja 150?
"The best compliment is a referal"
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 12:02am
Manufacturers Recommendation:

- Ninja 150 lift - 50 ft.
- Ninja 180 lift - 75 ft.
- Ninja with Booster Box - 150 ft. and beyond
CleanEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleanEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

Manufacturers Recommendation:

- Ninja 150 lift - 50 ft.
- Ninja 180 lift - 75 ft.
- Ninja with Booster Box - 150 ft. and beyond

What about 150psi...what kind of psi would you have at 150'?   
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 8:39am
piss poor...LOL I forget how many pounds you drop per foot.

by the time you upgrade to a 500 psi machine...and you get a vac booster and to carrry 150 of suction and solution hose...plus add on chems all up to an apartment on the 21st floor...

get a truck mount...

CleanEvo.....you need one cheap I got a couple pm me
www.mr-steamer.com
CleanEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleanEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

piss poor...LOL I forget how many pounds you drop per foot.

by the time you upgrade to a 500 psi machine...and you get a vac booster and to carrry 150 of suction and solution hose...plus add on chems all up to an apartment on the 21st floor...

get a truck mount...

CleanEvo.....you need one cheap I got a couple pm me

Thanks for the offer Steamer...When I get a TM (yes, I will get one eventually) it will be a new one. I like things new and I don't want issues with repairs. I know a used one can be a good deal, especially if you're mechanically inclined and can do some repairs yourself, however, I'm not like that.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 2:35pm
CleanEvo...a lot of cleaners make that very mistake....The money it takes to put together a new truck you are far better getting a used one....You need to get yourself on parr with the competition.

I don't know how anyone can survive with a new truckmount payment
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 3:25pm
Sometimes when all is considered the payments for new are not a whole lot more than for used. maybe just for a year or so longer?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 3:41pm
Good point. I've never figured it out

The STD Meter
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 3:53pm
if you're going to be and owner operator I don't see whats wrong with used or rebuilt....if your going to have employees I would go new....

a used truck goes anywhere from 10 grand up to 25 grand..

a new truck will run you around 70 grand plus

I don't know where doug gets his numbers but it's something I've looked at many times.

for a start up business I would never go new...you'll drown in payments.

www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 4:30pm
I disagree. Unless you can trust your techs to maintain your equipment buy used

The STD Meter
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2007 at 4:41pm
used break much easier with no warrenty.....

when the don't want to do a job they'll break an old truck down...I've seen it...

if they break a new truck at least you are covered if you followed the maintenance program to the T....LOL
www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>