Print Page | Close Window

Us Products King Cobra 500?

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3012
Printed Date: 15/May/2024 at 11:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Us Products King Cobra 500?
Posted By: Frank P.
Subject: Us Products King Cobra 500?
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 9:41pm
What do you think about the King Cobra 500? What other machine is comperable or better?

Frank P.

Replies:
Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 20/October/2006 at 11:58pm
If your using it for carpet, it has one 3 stage vac. not sure of the psi pump and toooooo expensive. Not enough suck dude.

I had the regular cobra with 100psi and 2-2stage with heat exchanger. What a joke for 2K. 10 months later the heater died, under warranty.

The Company i bought it from bought it back. Able supply.

I think a rug doctor might be comparable....LOL!!!

Don't waste your $$$ on it. There are better portys that cost less...

GOODLUCK MAN.....

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 2:43pm
We have sold King Cobra 500 with no complaints about its performance. The only down we experienced was its size and weight. It takes 2 people to lift it in and out of a van. Many other machines in the market that offer 500 psi or greater are more manageable. Cobra would be a great unit to take to large jobs and leave at a location. But, to attempt five household jobs per day may be a tiring job.

Look at the Ninja...if you do choose King Cobra U.S. Products are great people for backing up their products.

P.S.
The new http://www.kleenkuip.com/portables/esteam_1200.htm - Ninja 1200 is a manageable size although a little heavy, but it also allows you to clean all hard surfaces besides carpet.

To kick the Ninja 500 to a higher level you can purchase a separate Booster-Box that will take you to 265" water lift.

Booster Box

This is 2 X 2 stage vac motors that connect to a Ninja which now gives you 4 vac motors. 500 psi option &  two cords gives 260 inches of water lift. This was built to allow a Ninja to clean duct work. But many have had much success with carpet cleaning.
Wow how dry it is!

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: CleanEvo
Date Posted: 17/March/2007 at 1:00pm
   How much vac line could you run with the vac booster on a Ninja 150?

-------------
"The best compliment is a referal"

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 12:02am
Manufacturers Recommendation:

- Ninja 150 lift - 50 ft.
- Ninja 180 lift - 75 ft.
- Ninja with Booster Box - 150 ft. and beyond

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

Manufacturers Recommendation:

- Ninja 150 lift - 50 ft.
- Ninja 180 lift - 75 ft.
- Ninja with Booster Box - 150 ft. and beyond

What about 150psi...what kind of psi would you have at 150'?   

-------------

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 8:39am
piss poor...LOL I forget how many pounds you drop per foot.

by the time you upgrade to a 500 psi machine...and you get a vac booster and to carrry 150 of suction and solution hose...plus add on chems all up to an apartment on the 21st floor...

get a truck mount...

CleanEvo.....you need one cheap I got a couple pm me

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

piss poor...LOL I forget how many pounds you drop per foot.

by the time you upgrade to a 500 psi machine...and you get a vac booster and to carrry 150 of suction and solution hose...plus add on chems all up to an apartment on the 21st floor...

get a truck mount...

CleanEvo.....you need one cheap I got a couple pm me

Thanks for the offer Steamer...When I get a TM (yes, I will get one eventually) it will be a new one. I like things new and I don't want issues with repairs. I know a used one can be a good deal, especially if you're mechanically inclined and can do some repairs yourself, however, I'm not like that.

-------------

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 2:35pm
CleanEvo...a lot of cleaners make that very mistake....The money it takes to put together a new truck you are far better getting a used one....You need to get yourself on parr with the competition.

I don't know how anyone can survive with a new truckmount payment

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 3:25pm
Sometimes when all is considered the payments for new are not a whole lot more than for used. maybe just for a year or so longer?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 3:41pm
Good point. I've never figured it out

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 3:53pm
if you're going to be and owner operator I don't see whats wrong with used or rebuilt....if your going to have employees I would go new....

a used truck goes anywhere from 10 grand up to 25 grand..

a new truck will run you around 70 grand plus

I don't know where doug gets his numbers but it's something I've looked at many times.

for a start up business I would never go new...you'll drown in payments.

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 4:30pm
I disagree. Unless you can trust your techs to maintain your equipment buy used

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 4:41pm
used break much easier with no warrenty.....

when the don't want to do a job they'll break an old truck down...I've seen it...

if they break a new truck at least you are covered if you followed the maintenance program to the T....LOL

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 5:16pm
You can drown in payments almost anytime? Unless you know the machine most older machines are abused along with used. After all the same tech you have working for you letting you equiment turn into junk are the same as the ones who looked after these good used machines? I would prefer a used slide in for the reason it was probably looked after by an o/o or maybe not? If you like to gamble go for it. When ever I sold one of my old units I provided the complete maitaince records from the day it was installed into the truck?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 5:38pm
well most guys aren't serious and just want to try carpet cleaning out...a porty is fine....they quit eventually

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 7:05pm
Then another ten takes their place

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 9:28pm
    You guys make some good points...I'll consider used if I would be able to buy it from someone who can prove maintance and give me some referals with it.

It really doesn't matter at this point as I'm not in a position to get one...I'm at least a year away.

It's easy to downplay a porty when you've got a TM, however I know that I get my customers carpets VERY clean...it's all about chemistry, agitation, dwell time and proper rinse/extraction. Sure I'm in my residential customers home a lot longer than if I had a TM, however at this stage in my business...it is what it is.

That all being said...I can't wait until i can get a TM! However, until then...I just want to be able to do the best job I can.

-------------

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 10:33pm
I did 2BR's, Bath, Hall, LR & DR today in 1.5hrs and even vaced first.. 1st rm i did was almost dry when i left.... And that's why you want a TM... And it looked like new..  It had medium soil condition..

The room's averaged 200-225SFT each... except the bath and hall....Pimpin' 

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 10:37pm
Another one hooked on drivebys??

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 20/March/2007 at 10:43pm
Opinions vary.... I'm just good....SuperClean and fast dry... That's what the customer is looking for...LOL

Date Posted: 21/March/2007 at 12:09am
No one said you can't do great work with a portable. I know portable guys that can hang with TM guys anyday of the week.

CleanEvo you got the right Idea... you have to crawl before you can walk.

detergent agitation and dwell time does play a major roll, and you already know that. So I think you are already ahead of the game.

another good thing is you are here learning and asking questions. You are going to be fine

good luck

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 21/March/2007 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

I did 2BR's, Bath, Hall, LR & DR today in 1.5hrs and even vaced first.. 1st rm i did was almost dry when i left.... And that's why you want a TM... And it looked like new..  It had medium soil condition..

The room's averaged 200-225SFT each... except the bath and hall....[IMG]height=24 alt="Pimpin'" src="http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/smileys/smilespimp.gif" width=22 align=absMiddle> 

That job would have probably taken me 3-4 hours with my Ninja...if I start to get much busier I may have to think about a TM sooner than later.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net