Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

$$$$$

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $$$$$
    Posted: 06/March/2006 at 3:42pm

Is it not true that there are more chairs in the world than people. Yet our site and others draw little attention to this lucrative add-on for the carpet cleaner.

Most carpet cleaners complain about how slow it is yet have little or no interest in cleaning furniture.

We cancel more IIRCR Upholstery Schools than we hold from lack of interest.

If you are afraid...don't be.

Buy a No Drip Stealth Tool and you are in business. Upholstery is a good business to promote in the slow winter months with discounts. There is less resistance to cleaning furniture as there is to carpets in the winter.

Every ass you see on the street has to sit in a chair.

Edited by Carpetologist
Sponsored Links

ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2006 at 7:17am
Hi Ted.

I can see that good money can be made in cleaning blinds .how much would you charge and can they be done right in the home. Is there any special cleaning agents to be used. Also what kind of blinds can be cleaned and what kind can't

Ollie
CLEANED YOUR WAY THE RIGHTWAY
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 12:31pm
This is the 3rd best add on you can do. The only things that can pay you better for time spent are air duct cleaning and protector sales like scotchgard.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
thermedix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thermedix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 6:33pm
Duct cleaning, are you joking? Average time duct cleaning, 4 hrs (to do a proper job) @$250/$300. Carpet cleaning, $130/$160.per hr.(avg), upholstery Cleaning, $125./$150 per hr. Flood clean up, $150hr.++++equip.rental. ,I believe duct cleaning as an add on is a losing proposition...not just my opinion, I bought the equipment and did it for 5 yrs., no money in it, sold the equipment..also, check your insurance, some companies will drop you if your doing duct cleaning and not a lisenced burner or gas mechanic.
It`s not how far you fall...it`s how high you bounce back up...
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 6:39pm
I agree. Not much money in duct cleaning if you spend the time and do a thorough jobOuch
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 6:42pm
THERE ARE ALSO MORE FEET THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE........SHOULD WE ALL GET INTO THE SHOE SHINE BUSINESS LOL

NIGHTRIDER

Edited by nightrider - 11/November/2006 at 6:42pm
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by thermedix thermedix wrote:

Duct cleaning, are you joking? Average time duct cleaning, 4 hrs (to do a proper job) @$250/$300. Carpet cleaning, $130/$160.per hr.(avg), upholstery Cleaning, $125./$150 per hr. Flood clean up, $150hr.++++equip.rental. ,I believe duct cleaning as an add on is a losing proposition...not just my opinion, I bought the equipment and did it for 5 yrs., no money in it, sold the equipment..also, check your insurance, some companies will drop you if your doing duct cleaning and not a lisenced burner or gas mechanic.

Nope. I am not joking. If you clean residential ducting the old, hard way, you WILL spend 4 hours to earn $300 in Canada, and you will NOT do as good a job as I or many of my customers can do in 2 hours using the Turboteck System. You would have only earned $75/hour for your time and spent an average of $10,000 for your equipment. No wonder you got out of it! lol

I would spend $2000 in total, including the video camera to show the quality of the job done, and got $300 for 2 hours work. Now $150/hr beats $75/hr everytime. Maybe that is why I have thousands of cleaners still using it? Yes, they do need a TM to use it right, but as long as they have that, they are making too much money to ever give it up.After the small equipment cost is paid, owner operators make 95% or better of every job they do. Who would give that up?

BTW: Direct Energy has told many of the furnace cleaners in the GTA that the Direct Brushing method that our system and the Cleanco system employ is the PREFERRED method to clean the duct systems because it does NOT affect the burners on the furnace systems. At an industry function I attended 4 years back, the owner of a large furnace cleaning company in town here, admited to me and a few others that the Direct Brush method was SUPERIOR in it's cleaning results compared to the large bag trucks his company used with their 12,000 cfm vacuum systems. He said he knew this because he had his own home cleaned by both, and that our system left it cleaner. When asked why he spent nearly $50,000 on each truck if he knew that, he replied that the customer expected the big truck, because THEY BELIEVE THAT BIGGER IS BETTER. In that is the reason that most use them. It has nothing to do with results obtained. it is EXPECTATIONS on the part of the consumer. That takes many years to change.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 11/November/2006 at 7:21pm
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 7:24pm
There is no money in duct cleaning...the money is in the add-ons...

Air Conditioner coil cleaning...furnace cleaning....new filter...rebalancing...installing humidifiers and air cleaners...dry vent clean out.... the list goes on..
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 7:50pm
Seems like everyone and thier mother are cleaning ducts these days, almost as bad as carpet cleaning.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 8:05pm
You are basically right Steamer, especially with the large systems. No add ons, no profit. Because our system only costs you $10 per house to do at most($2 for brush replacement, $8 for gas for 2 hours)you make 95% profit even if all you do is a $200 bill with NO ADD-ONS!

$200 bill -$10 in costs = $190 in gross profits

$190 profit/ $200 Job = 95% Gross Profit margin

That is the money you put in your pocket. Even if you never sold any add-ons to that house, you make money like a bandit with our system.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 8:07pm
That's your system. I think they are talking about a real system?
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 8:26pm
The only guys makeing any money with the big systems these days are basically franchises that end up with $500/job at the end of the job. That is what companies like Sears do. They sell lots of add ons to bump up the ticket to over $500 on average.They make good dollars doing that. We average $287/job with our system here in Calgary, with only electro-static filters sold as an add-on, and we make great money offering the service. Because nearly every job is done while the carpets are getting cleaned anyways, there is no extra costs getting to and from the jobs, cause the expense goes under the carpet cleaning . Our gross profit(without wages) is running at $259/job for an average of 1.5 hours time per job.

$259/$287 job ticket = 90% Gross margin(including filters sold).
$259 gross profit per job/ 1.5 hours = $172/hour
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

You are basically right Steamer, especially with the large systems. No add ons, no profit. Because our system only costs you $10 per house to do at most($2 for brush replacement, $8 for gas for 2 hours)you make 95% profit even if all you do is a $200 bill with NO ADD-ONS!

$200 bill -$10 in costs = $190 in gross profits

$190 profit/ $200 Job = 95% Gross Profit margin

That is the money you put in your pocket. Even if you never sold any add-ons to that house, you make money like a bandit with our system.

What about insurance, advertising, labour, etc. Those are not real profit margins.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 9:42pm
Hammy: Most owner operators do not take a wage, so I did not show labour. Deduct for $20/hr and it still looks good.Insurance is a fixed cost that is there regardless if you do the job or not.No advertising. You ask the carpet cleaning customer if they want the service while you are there.These are still the highest profits you can make per hour on a real net basis, except for one other: Scotchgard! I make $200/hr plus on the time applying that, but the time is so short, it is not as much as it sounds. Still the best carpet cleaners will make though cause you can sell more jobs on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>