Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Are you lads BRAINWASHED?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 10:37pm

I tried to stay out of this as long as I could but I have to say something.

The chemicals this guy Jackblack or whoever is pushing are not even usable in Toronto without using  special dumping procedures.

He sent me the MSDS this afternoon on th'e  '99' stuff and spotter  and they contain butyls and NPEs.

You can't even put NPEs down the sanitary sewer system in Toronto legally. There are some other scary looking ingredients on the MSDS, one that said it had a TLV of 3ppm.

I'll look at the sheets in the morning and run them through scorecard if I have time. We stick to Chemspec first (Ecogent) and then Masterblend' Responsible Care.

The idea that 'soap is soap' is so much bunk.

Sponsored Links

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 8:52am

On the Torque 1 product it contains Nonyl phenol exthoxylate (NPE). This is material that according to the laws of Toronto is illegal to dump down the drain

It also contains butyl cellusolv (cas #111-76-2) I thought it was said that there were no butyls in there. It is 86.8% volatile. As a comparison PRC-097 is 0.05%

On z-99 It also contains nonyl phenol ethoxylates

It contains propylene glycol npropyl ether. While not butyl it is in the glycol ether family – definitely stuff that will be on the watch list as it is a neurotoxin. It also contains monoethananolamine. This is an ingredient found in every floor finish stripper. Here is the link to the new jersey fact sheet

http://www.state.nj.us/health/eoh/rtkweb/0835.pdf 

read it carefully – lots of bad stuff, 86.7% volatile. PRC-097 is 0.05%. needless to say a big difference.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 7:21pm

it also gets you a 50 buck tip...the restaurant owner can't believe the job you just did...

I wouldn't use it for my own health....but I'm sure a lot of other chemical companies do the same darn thing...they just don't put it on the label or the MSDS

People & Standards You Can Trust
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 7:22pm
Oh my next question is...how would you know if they did or not if it wasn't on the label??????
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 2:29pm
see still no one can answer
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 12:00am
Its because I dončt know what you are talking about!
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 12:12am

I type a loud a lot don't I......lol I don't even know....lol

I think I was talking about correct labeling...and the lack there of...no one lists all the ingredients in their products...why????

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Stanley Stanley wrote:

I think I was talking about correct labeling...and the lack there of...no one lists all the ingredients in their products...why????

Water is probably 70% to 80%. It must be heavy water to make the product work.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 10:45am
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Originally posted by Stanley Stanley wrote:

Water is probably 70% to 80%. It must be heavy water to make the product work.

so hell...I'm buying just a big jug of water...lol(I'm a pest aren't I) Ted makes his own cleaning Solutions......I wonder if he knows whats in it...

Hey Ted does that stuff really work???

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 2:39pm

I THINK STANLEY LIKES TO HIT THE BOTTLE ALOT BEFORE POSTING THINGS HERE.....IT'S AMAZING THE KNOWLEDGE HE HAS REGARDING CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS, AND LIFE IN GENERAL..........MUST BE ALL THOSE CHEAP CHEMICALS THAT KEEP GIVING HIM THAT GREAT BUZZ..........NO WONDER HE LIKES THEM SO MUCH........YES STANLEY THE EASTER BUNNY IS REAL AND IT'S ON IT'S WAY TO YOUR HOUSE...............

NIGHTRIDER

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 3:11pm
This could be true....none of my chemicals are cheap....I just get them with out the name attached....I don't want to pay for the name...and Yes Jack the Easter Bunny comes here every year...I clean his fur...repeat customer....lol
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 12:38pm
After being on the GTA for a couple of Days I sure feel brainwashed.  Where  do I buy jack's unsafty99? The product that turns carpet into concrete before your very eyes.
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2004 at 4:51pm

Listen sometimes thats what the customer wants.....Kill me and give me clean carpets......They don't care what you use as long as you get it clean..

I told a customer that I'd have to use Gas on her carpet...she said go right a head I'll sign a wavier...lol she didn't let me finish....

gas............................... and a match

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2004 at 9:56pm

I once had a customer back in the 80's that ran out of her house and spit on my truck, cause I told her to throw her carpet in the garbage or set it on fire to clean it........the weird thing about it all was the fact that she threw $5.00 at me as I was leaving her driveway.

NIGHTRIDER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>