Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

BEST PORTABLE UNIT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEST PORTABLE UNIT
    Posted: 27/December/2005 at 2:12pm

I am new to this buisness. I will be cleaning strictly appartments for the time being. I want the baddest machine $ can buy. I dont want to break circuts ext... Any help???

james cullen
Sponsored Links

scents View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 2:56pm
James,
I would look at the unit that Ed Valentine puts out. I too am getting a portable unit. After much research and talking with Ed, I am going to get one of his recoil-3 units. I have to wait untill my SBA loan goes through first ;). Give him a call, I did and he was very informative. You are probably wondering about the rotovac as well, which I dont have any info on yet. My wife wants it, but I am not sold on its usefulness as of yet. If you have any questions on what I have learned so far, drop me a line @ soccerinco@msn.com

Tom Stasko
Scents Carpet Care, Inc.
gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 3:47pm
By any chance do you have a web address I can use to look at eds machines.
james cullen
scents View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 4:05pm
http://www.cross-american.com/
gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 6:06pm
I checked out the site. I didnt see alot of the spec's such as the volts, psi,WL ext... Compare this to lets say a NINJA dual 2 stage 150 WL, adj pump of 200 for $1339.Dont get me wrong, money isnt my concern. I just want to know why this machine is better. Once I do I will be typing in 16 #'s.
james cullen
Griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 2:10pm

The specs are all there on the Cross American site. 2 three stage + 1 two stage. Gives all the amp draws as well. I can tell you that I have the Recoil 3 and am very pleased with it.

Griff

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 3:07pm

Gorilla... If you do buy the Ninja... get the dual 3 stage... Run 25' of hose and you'll get good dry time results....

gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 4:26pm
Griff,
Do you have the recoil 3 with or without heat. Pretty much the one thing I need to know. How are most people going about getting their heat? Off the machine/ heating buckets/ Bathtubs or something else?
james cullen
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 5:01pm

I have the R2 modified with a extra hi-perf. 3-stage...I use a portable heat exchanger 2000W and run a generator....

If you don't want extra cords to plug in then go with a litl giant propane...

gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 5:07pm
Unfortunatley I am not rollin with the big dawgs yet, so when your telling me about r2 modifications, xtra preformance generators and propane I just shake my head. I will assume a generator may be what I need. 7500 Watts sound about right?
james cullen
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 6:25pm

Ninja 2-2 stage with heat won't pop circuits...If all your doing is apts... And money is tight...

Just make sure you run 25' of hose for best results....

gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 6:55pm
Money isnt tight. The thing is, I have been hired to clean 300+ apartments and I have one competitor. His portable looks weak, but nevertheless I need to come with the best. I have been jumping back and forth on wether to get a heater or not.
james cullen
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 6:57pm
If money isn't tight why not get a TM??????????
gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 7:02pm
I didnt say it was loose either. Mayby a TM next year. Heat or no heat? Whats wrong with using a bath tub?
james cullen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>