Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

BEST PORTABLE UNIT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 7:08pm

Whats wrong with using a bath tub? What ya mean????

Anyways....Heat is a plus... but vac is more important... That's why i said if you get the 2-3stage Ninja or whatever use 25' of vac hose for best dry times.....

T = Time...........

A = Agitation....

C = Chemical.....

H = Heat.........

Sponsored Links

gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 7:14pm
Alright. I guess I am done here. Ed Valentine never called me back, so I will get the 2-3 stage ninja. I hope I dont break circuts, or have any problems.
james cullen
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 7:36pm

Have you checked out these portables???? Ed must be on vacation....Don't rush your purchase....

http://www.timbucktoomfg.com/site_products/extractors.htm#

Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 8:38pm

A little off topic:

I started out on apartments with a portable.  I ran the wheels off it.  Really, I've got them in my shop,  whats left of them.

Apartment managers don't care what you are using as long as the carpets "look" clean when you leave.

It's a great place to learn, without anyone looking over your shoulder.

You get a lot of practice spotting.

Getting them to pay is harder than impossible.  Funny how they can be 120 days out on invoices and call you up Thursday afternoon and ask you if you can do 8 units tommorow.  If you tell them you are already booked they get in a huff and call someone else.  You don't hear from them for two months then they make the Thursday call again, only now they are 180 days out but if you can do 8 units tommorow you'll get your money.

CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 9:14pm
All my acct's pay upon receipt..........
gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 9:17pm
Its all good. I own a window and gutter cleaning buisness. I have worked for a property managment company on the side that pays me on the 1st and 15th. I name the price they write the check. Its their job to recieve payment from landlords. Therfore I just need to get er done. Nevertheless, do you recomend a particular unit for apartments. How did you get hot water?
james cullen
gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 9:27pm
Hey John,
is it important to get the ninja 2 stage opposed to 3 stage in regards to popping circuts? That recoil 3 is tempting. Mr. Valentine must be out of town though...
james cullen
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2005 at 4:45pm

Purchase the R3... In the long run you'll be glad you did...

2-3stage, pump and heat all engaged will blow circuits...you can plug in the 220 outlet with an adapter....2-20amp circuit's might work...

Griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 9:47am

Gorilla, Ed's shop is closed until after the 1st. My recoil is without heat. I take hot water from home in 3 -  7.5 gallon jugs and set up my machine and plug an 1800 watt heater in to pre-heat while I vacuum and pre-spray. Then I unplug the  heater and start heating. Usually tank water is about 140 at the beginning of this process. This set up requires 2 - 15 amp circuits. If you plan on using electric heaters while running, you will need more amps, probably at least one 20 amp circuit + 1 - 15 amp. But since electric heaters will not keep up with your flow of water, I'm not sure what the advantage is. I am happy with a little more dwell time and it works for me. I also pre-heat my pre-spray to about 150 - 160 before putting it down. I have heard this makes no difference but I still like to do it and it works for me. The ninja is probably a good machine as well but I have not used it so cannot comment on it specifically. I know Ed's customer support and advice is top notch. And having the ability to run 50 - 75 feet of hose makes me belive that the R3 performance would be worth the wait of another week so you can talk to Ed.

Griff.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 1:35pm

I keep hearing that electric heaters stink....I disagree..... Well, proof is in using one and it does keep up...The quick connects and water are soooo hot....and well click here... ProChem 2000W heater....

http://tinypic.com/jg2pgo.jpg

gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 5:53pm
Griff,thanks for the recoil info. Seems to be the most popular choice. What type of water heater do you use? Im assuming time remains a issue for you, and this whole procees doesnt dent your day.
james cullen
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 8:44pm

gorilla... I've been using the electric heat exchanger for a few years...You see the steam.... It cost $430... Or you can go propane for around $1000....I also run all on a generator and plug in the heater in the kichen 20amp circuit....

I had a bucket heater in 99 and worked it similar to griff... It burnt out within a year.... But when i purchased the heat exchanger it was sooo much easier....No waiting for heat.........

gorilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 11:35pm
John,
What machine are you running of what sized generator?
Seems like a lot of set up? Why do you use a generator if your machine isnt pumping out heat. Im assuming it doesnt, because you wouldnt be using a heat exchanger.

Its to bad all the carpet cleaners cant come to a common grounds on finding the best portable. Everyone has got a different choice with a different reason.
james cullen
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 11:47pm

I have the R2 and added a 3stage...so it has 3-3stage...I run that on my 5550W troy build generator...plug in heat exchanger at custys home..

It's a matter of your preference/choice.... Who really know's what the BEST is....

Are you confused???  Have you decided yet????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>