Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Sound business w/ portables?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound business w/ portables?
    Posted: 16/August/2005 at 4:53am
Hello everyone. I am wondering how many of you have a sound business running just portables? I seem to be one of the very few CC's in my area that uses a portable machine and have no problems whatsoever with it. Granted, I have never used a truckmount, but they seem so expensive (being a predental student, I have no way of paying this off) that I figure the increase in efficiency would be marginal when taking into account operating costs and having to purchase a new vehicle and such. I have a Ninja 250 psi w/heat, Rotovac and using a 2002 Ford Explorer. Yes, it is not typical, but I look professional and custy's are satisfied. Your thoughts please on whether you feel a sound business can be built with portables.
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 8:36am
Yes.....lol why do you ask??? you're doing it right now.  It's not the song it's the singer.  If you can sing well you should have no problems
www.mr-steamer.com
hafido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 11:11am
The reason I ask is that a truckmount is the most automatic answer anyone gives/asks when CC comes up. Now I understand the advantages of a truckmount over a portable, but I dunno, I really don't mind mine all that much. Set up is what it is, but after that, a routine and repitition get you through the job swiftly. Mr Steamer, I though you ran only a truckmount, and don't take non-truckmount servicable jobs. Maybe I am confusing you with another on the forum?
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 12:43pm

that's Steamer you're thinking of

but he's been spoiled by TM's

I actually envy successful porty operators

less overhead,less fuel,maintenance and repairs

A.K.A.
Andy
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 1:26pm
With the cost of gas heading for $6/gal in Canada and $4/gal in the USA by sometime next year, I see the industry heading back to high performance portables. The high performance one I am introducing this Fall, will allow cleaners to compete with TMs in quality and speed, without the high operating costs or upfront costs. Purchase price?

UNDER $3000.00Cdn
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
hafido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 5:23pm
Tell me more about it. Price, model, etc (if possible).
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 5:59pm
The name is being withheld till market introduction this Fall, but I can tell you it's performance parameters. It runs 4 vac motors and produces 400 cfms airflow when all are operating,or with 14"HG(190"WL) lift. It comes with a 500 PSI piston pump with 1.5 gpm flow capability all standard on the base model.Options include a 20 gpm pumpout system and autofill and meter for those wanting these extras.All this runs on 2 15 amp circuits so cleaners will have no problem running it in Canada. Many of the current HP portables sold in the USA require 20 amp service to operate. We are also building 220 volt models for export to Australia and the UK as well.

Price in the USA is going to be $2195US

Price in Canada is going to be $2495Cdn

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
hafido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 6:15pm

My email is hafido@hotmail.com. Let me know when more can be disclosed about them. I will be in the market for something like this,, and I can hold off a few months.

Thanks-

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 6:19pm

Originally posted by hafido hafido wrote:

Mr Steamer, I though you ran only a truckmount, and don't take non-truck mount serviceable jobs. Maybe I am confusing you with another on the forum?
Yes thats me.... most times if you can't reach it with the truck, it'll be too time consuming. my portable is heavy and hard to lug around. One apartment will take me 2 hours to do, when I could have done 1 house and a half or even two houses in the same time.

I'm sure there are alot of portable guys that can work just as fast and do the same job that I do.

It all comes down to the individuals pride

www.mr-steamer.com
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 6:47pm
Actually, most of them cant Steamer. If you give 2 guys of near equal ability 2 diferent machines, and one has better cleaning ability than the other machine, the guy with the better machine will do the better job in less time. At one time there was a large gap in performance between most TMs and most portables. The gap is not as large anymore. The best of the portables sold now can get pretty close to the average speeds that TMs produce in residential cleaning.That is where I see them taking market share in the new era of high cost energy that is coming apon us. The machine that I am bringing to market in a few months is as strong as any on the market(even those selling for $3000 to $5000 currently), but runs on only two cords of 15 amp capacity, and will sell in America for only a couple of thousand dollars. It will be the most powerful portable sold there able to do this.I see it getting alot of market share as a result. The introduction time could not be any better.
Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by hafido hafido wrote:

My email is hafido@hotmail.com. Let me know when more can be disclosed about them. I will be in the market for something like this,, and I can hold off a few months.

Thanks-

Don't wait for ken...he has a long history of not actually building things he posts about.  I think he said this was going to be released this past spring, but I'm not going to search for the exact post...besides, ken also has a tendancy to edit posts.

If you want a good porty that actually exists, PM Ed Valentine!

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 7:05pm
Ed has a great portable as well, and it is available now. But if a person wants the best portable on the market, my advice is to wait a couple of months till after the ISSA show in October. That is when a person can buy the best machine the market will have to offer!
Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 7:12pm

Ed's coming out with another new model?

KEN, come on...you have never offered anything for sale that you have talked about, except the duct crap and your glides...no porty, blower reverser thing, OP machine, OP RX-20.....NOTHING!

You are a blowhard bull$hitter!

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 7:51pm
Your opinion. I have all those things developed now, and some are in production. Those that did not make it never got launched only because of the money problem that developed back in September of 2003 when HR interferred with the glide deal I had signed with HF. The money that was to come from that deal was to fund the launch of many of my products. When it became neccessary for me to cancel the deal the following month(Oct 15/03), my funding source dried up. Now that the Glides are selling at an even higher rate than was going to happen in the HF deal, my funding is restored.

Now all those projects can and will be going ahead. I realize that you do not understand that simple fact Chuck, but that is why things are able to finally move ahead once more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>