Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

GETTING THE PAYMENT!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2005 at 1:54am
You can never be sure,  credit card could be declined, cheque could bounce, cash could be phony  what's a hard working man to do.  Oh ya I forgot.........that's business.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2005 at 1:57am
Charge everyone double just in case.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2005 at 12:43pm
John L wrote:

get PAID when your done or don't do the job...

Adwa typed > > >John your not making sense in this statement. I'm your English Teacher nightmare.Baby

Adwa and cmaster.. In 20yrs i have gotten payment WHEN I WAS DONE with the job... plain and simple to do...Makes sense in USA....Laugh Roll

Rick/Magic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick/Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2005 at 10:15am
I don't extend credit to anyone any more...especially a motel or resturant...they always collect as soon as their customers are finished...and that's what I expect from them...
25 years of cleaning carpet
and my back hurts
Phoenixcarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenixcarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2005 at 4:33pm

I've only had one commercial customer so far.  But I got 50% UP FRONT, and 50% AT JOB END!  It was a hotel and they were cool with that.

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2005 at 5:46pm
i like jodi's idea too. but we don't have problems with getting paid. if i sence someone is a scamer i put the price out of his/her reach.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
Jodi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2005 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by Adwa Adwa wrote:

You can never be sure,  credit card could be declined, cheque could bounce, cash could be phony  what's a hard working man to do.  Oh ya I forgot.........that's business.

All these things can happen.  And, yes in business you're gonna get write offs.  At some point you do have to suck it up and cut your losses.

BUT I have to say that at least getting the card up front tends to eliminate the guys that had no intent to pay in the first place which is what this yahoo sounds like.  Guys like this don't even have credit so they have to tell you "I don't have a credit card".  This sends me a clear message to get cash up front or don't clean.  In the end, all this achieves is another way to TRY to get paid.

Edited by Jodi
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2005 at 11:47pm

Originally posted by greg greg wrote:

i like jodi's idea too. but we don't have problems with getting paid. if i sence someone is a scamer i put the price out of his/her reach.

Greg that's all well and good............you can not sense a scam all the time..........the best con man..........is the nicest guy you want to meet.

Edited by Adwa
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2005 at 12:12am
Ain't that the truth
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2005 at 12:28am
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2005 at 2:22pm
   Wink   Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234