Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

different post on IICRC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontlikedennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: different post on IICRC
    Posted: 25/April/2005 at 12:48am

A month ago there was a bid opportunity to do floor work at ambulance stations....the bid specified that the techs has to be IICRC certified. NO BS but WTF?

I'm talking strip / wax / burnish.

Imagine you're good enough to do the huge Loblaws or Future Shop but not qualified to do a little ambulance "house"!

I believe the tender was for the Region Of Peel....man I say F them and their IICRC!

Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 12:54am

Make sure whoever gets the job has a FCT on staff. Otherwise report them to IICRC. I'm sure that will do a lot of good.

I have a better idea. Tell them you are FCT certified so you get the job instead of the other BS'ers. Who's gonna report you? The other BS'ers.

Edited by cmaster
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 6:01am
thats a good idea cmaster lie just to get the job. and when he shows up to do the job and they ask to see his certification than what, lie aging, "oh must have left it in my other pants" they want certified techs for a reason A HIGHER LEVEL OF SERVICE. thats what the IICRC represents. 
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 9:47am

Maybe they think that's what they represent. Maybe you think that's what they represent.

Instead of losing my cool, I will just say that I have to disagree with you.

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 4:51pm
why would you lose your cool cmaster? did you think your responce was going to go on challenged?
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 5:23pm

You can challenge my responses if you like. However, we all know how much BS goes on in this business by unprofessional, unethical so called cleaners, that are IICRC certified. If you don't know, you have been leading a sheltered life.

If you think they will receive a higher level of service just because they choose an IICRC certified cleaner, think again.

I am not FCT certified and never have been. I will put my 26 years experience in floor maintenance against any certified FCT, anytime.

The BSing to get the job was just an example of what other companies will do to get a job. You know as well as everyone that the IICRC expects their registrants to police for them. Hence the first line in my post.

I could go on about this, but the point is moot.

Bottom line is, you send them your dues and I don't. You defend them, I won't.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Edited by cmaster
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 5:46pm
cmaster the IICRC is not perfect. but it's a good start in the right direction. imo  i know not all certified techs provide the service to IICRC standards and thats a shame. but i hear more horror stories about uncertified techs than certified. your 26 years in the bizz is great but that certification is the iceing on the cake. jmo
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 6:31pm

IMO and many others as well, the IICRC has been going in the wrong direction for a long time. It is broken and needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, they don't see it.

The reason you hear more horror stories about uncertified techs than certified is because there are many more uncertified than certified.

Certification is not icing. It's a cash grab for which you get a piece of paper in return. It puts you in the same league as some very good cleaners, as well as some very poor ones. There is no policing. Anyone can become certified. Sad but true IMO.

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 10:13pm

Boy oh boy you like to whine and complain now don't you cmaster?

If you don't want to be certified, don't.

What exactly does HST have to do with any of this anyways?

The people who have this certification tend to be the elite of the elite.

Its also the class that so many people desperately need.

Seems everyone comes out of the class saying "wow, I  didn't realize I was breaking so many laws."

I'd also like to ask you who is making this so called cash grab?

I know many instructors, not many of them are making a bundle of money, for most its a passion.

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by LilNiteRidrhood LilNiteRidrhood wrote:

Boy oh boy you like to whine and complain now don't you cmaster?

If you don't want to be certified, don't.

What exactly does HST have to do with any of this anyways?

The people who have this certification tend to be the elite of the elite.

Its also the class that so many people desperately need.

Seems everyone comes out of the class saying "wow, I  didn't realize I was breaking so many laws."

I'd also like to ask you who is making this so called cash grab?

I know many instructors, not many of them are making a bundle of money, for most its a passion.

I am not whining or complaining. I am stating my opinion. That's what these boards are for.

Sorry, my mistake. It's FCT.

I didn't say it was a cash grab by instructors, did I? Nor did I say that classroom training was a bad thing.

Edited by cmaster
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 11:28pm

Whats wrong with the IICRC... we need some standards..

Just because you go to Medical School doesn't mean your a good doctor...you could still be a butcher..lol

same goes for IICRC

www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 11:35pm

The IICRC has standards.

You take a standard course, write a standard exam pay them a standard fee, they give you standard certification.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 11:40pm

cmaster I hear you...

but without IICRC what makes you any different from any other cleaner...\

I can pipe fit... but I can't get a pipe fitters job..

I can wire electrical components but I'm not an electrician

Just be cause you can do doesn't mean that you are ..

but it's really up to you

www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 11:59pm

Steamer,

Most of my business is based on repeats and referrals. When I was certified, I never received anymore jobs because of my certs. Nobody asked if I was certified cause nobody cares.

What people want is value for their money. Someone who they can trust to do the job well and not take advantage of them.

I was a strong IICRC supporter until I realized what really goes on within the org. When they fix the problems and start looking out for the registrants, I will consider renewing my certs.

Of course, this is just my opinion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>