Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Don’t Hate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 9:35pm

Whats ample??

Waldo The Golden Wand

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 9:37pm
Around 240 degrees.@ the unitGuitar
Just My opinion
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 10:39pm
BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Waldo The Golden Wand
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 10:43pm
OK Waldo:  Now you can tell me just how hot your boiler is.Guitar
Just My opinion
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 10:56pm
There are variables when it comes to dry times. I live in a very dry climate. I guarantee 1-2 hour dry times. But believe me, polyester carpet is dry on the backstroke and a heavy wool rug still can take 6 hours. If it is a wool, I tell the custy that dry times will be longer.

If you spray water-based protectant after cleaning you can increase your dry times significantly too. You must allow for that. Solvent -based protectant will actually shorten the dry time. But it can be hazardous.

A well engineered machine set to the highest lift possible for it to run efficiently, good consistant heat, a non-restrictive filtration system, 2" vac hose run all the way to the wand, a 2" tubed wand (for mounts with a 4 series blower or larger), and  a good fitting hole glide will give great dry times.

Very heavy pre-spraying can hinder dry time a little, but that just means that you are not rinsing effectively enough and leaving residue that is hindering the drying process. Rinsing well is essential.

Take care,
Lisa

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 11:44pm

Fast drying times arew good.... but the customer will complain if it drying before you leave and you didn't get all the stains out...

the first thing they'll say is you didn't use enough water... go over it again..

www.mr-steamer.com
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 11:52pm
I've never heard that from a custy, Steamer.  They are very happy with our quality of work. They love it if the carpet is dry within an hour or two and they can put their house back together and start using it again right away.

Take care,
Lisa
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 11:56pm

I heard it Lisa... he misted with his wand and vac'ed.... the carpet where dry fast... but they didn't come clean... so the customer said they where not cleaned...

she was right in this case... the same thing could happen if you use a glide....

not knocking glides Lisa... I getting a GREENGLIDE!!!!as soon as I get a wand...

you haven't got back to me yet

www.mr-steamer.com
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 11:57pm

I've only had one customer say I didn't get it wet enough

240 ATM is fine by me Doug

I usually have mine set at 225-250 and yes Waldo she'll go up to 300 plus no problemo but I don't think the neptune hose would last more than a month at that rate

A.K.A.
Andy
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 12:01am

I burnt neptue hose at 300 * f... brand new hose got right black...

190 at the wand is safe.... safe for every one and everything involved

www.mr-steamer.com
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 12:12am
you hug trees too Steamer?
A.K.A.
Andy
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 1:34am
Hey Steamey,

Not found any great deals yet. I'm still keepin' an eye open for you.

You interested in the Sears wands? Good deals can be had on those. I don't like the Sears set up myself, but many love them.

Take care,
Lisa
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 7:50am
Dry times:

Good topic here. It would depend though....

TM or portable?
Water pressure?
Time of year?
RX or Wand?
Carpet type?
Temperature of water?
Speed of work?
Dry pass speed?
Extra dry pass?

So many variables... but what is the outside acceptable length of time to leave a carpet damp?  How long before it becomes a health hazard?  How long before you've created problems?

Is 12 hours too long?
16 hours?

At the above listed times, the customer may bitch, moan, & complain... but  are those times DANGEROUS?

Just wondering...

Cheers,

Allen
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 8:22am
I am still trying to figure how you flush a spot with 300 degree water with resetting the nap?Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12