Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Don’t Hate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don’t Hate
    Posted: 20/February/2005 at 7:15pm

Give your customers what they want.  Clean and Dry Carpets.

Waldo The Golden Wand

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 7:18pm
Waldo which is more important dry or clean carpets???Guitar
Just My opinion
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 7:21pm

They want both give it to them in equal amounts.

Waldo

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 7:29pm

I guess I take too many variables when tryimg to jusyiofy dryig times like.

Carpet construction

Fiber type

Amount of soiling

If the home has A/C Forced air heat.

Time of year

Just to mention a few.Guitar

Just My opinion
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 7:43pm
Eliminate the variables.  Secret Pre-Spray, Huge blower.  Heavy soil crank the heat.  Step it up.

Waldo The Golden Wand
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 7:53pm
Waldo: I guess I am too conservative regarding my dry times.Guitar
Just My opinion
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 8:05pm
Doug when I take calls from possible first time customers the MAJORITY of them ask how long will it take for my carpets to dry?  They are concerned.  So I give them what they want.  Clean and Dry carpets.  Greenie got me geeked on Dry times.  Cleaner and Drier carpets= More Referals.  Dont Hate.

Waldo
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 8:08pm
Waldo; However it may sound I do agree with you on this subject. What do you consider a resonable dry time? I don't mean a 18 berber eitherGuitar.
Just My opinion
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 8:12pm
If you did 3 rooms.  When you are wrapping the hoses up the first room should be dry.

Waldo
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 8:19pm
Waldo: You can consistantly guarantee this?  If you can I am certainly impressed with you. We have had the upstairs dry by the time we finished the lower level.  But bedrooms are mot usually as soiled as the LR, DR Kitchen. anyway I am not looking for excuses. We usually say 4 to 6 hrs drying times. give or take.  As I say I am conservative. The first rooms may be dry when we leave, but the rest still have to dry. The same holds threw when you leave the job it may be a couple or three hrs before everything is completely dry. It also depends on how much you cleaned in the home how fast the himidity goes down.Guitar
Just My opinion
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 8:28pm

Freakin customers want everything, Clean, Dry, Staines Gone, Smell Nice, Stay Clean Forever, Cheap, A Gift. A Discount, A Calender, A Business card, A Guarantee...............and More...........ALL FOR 39.95 FOR 5 ROOMS.......AND REFUSES TO PAY THE TAX.

THAT'S WHY I DO 95% COMMERCIAL, ALL THEY WANT IS SOMEONE TO BE THERE AND MAKE IT LOOK HALF CLEAN.LUS YOU ALSO ACT A SECURITY GUARD.

NIGHTRIDER

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 8:30pm
Security guard: The wolf guarding the hen house???Guitar
Just My opinion
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 8:42pm

depends where you live too.

I tell customers 3-6 hours and they're amazed most of the time

"when the last guy cleaned my carpets  it took 2 days!!??"

did a place today ----,LR,rec rm

did the LR first and by the time I finished the rec rm the LR was dry to the touch

high heat rules

Edited by Steaminpile
A.K.A.
Andy
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 9:05pm
I think my 405's put out ample heat.Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>