Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Going to Start my Own Carpet Cleaning Business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2011 at 8:34pm
Keep your costs low. Most new business fail from too much overhead.
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2011 at 9:46pm

Point and LaughHow low can you go? Stern Smile

CDRX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDRX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2011 at 2:05pm
I started in apartments and it is a good way to get off the ground.  You'll need to find out the going flat rates for 1 bd, 2bd and 3bd units.  I did well by undercutting the competition on the flat rate and making up the difference with additional charges for red stain removal, pet urine treatment, repairs, spot dying etc.

You can succeed in this way to begin with but you'll want to transition to residential as soon as possible as it is more profitable.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2011 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by CDRX CDRX wrote:

I started in apartments and it is a good way to get off the ground.  You'll need to find out the going flat rates for 1 bd, 2bd and 3bd units.  I did well by undercutting the competition on the flat rate and making up the difference with additional charges for red stain removal, pet urine treatment, repairs, spot dying etc.

You can succeed in this way to begin with but you'll want to transition to residential as soon as possible as it is more profitable.
undercutting eeewwwww
www.mr-steamer.com
c.sutton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.sutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2011 at 3:47pm
Well I've spent the last couple of days just reading alot of posts at this site trying to gathers some information and 1 thing is for sure, people trying to start a new carpet cleaning business must be asking the wrong questions. If you ask a simple question about equipment it turns into a about 4 pages of bs...there were a couple of responses to questions but still most of it is someone that been in the business forever and knew everything from day 1...they never had to ask anyone, anything...I wonder how NASA has gotten by.....I can respect someone that has put the time in, but if you're not willing to help someone new...then shut up. Why doesn't site have a spot just for newbie and their dumb a$$ questions and the guru's of carpet won't even have to respond. I've done a few things in my life and most of them I didn't know crap about when I started, but with some trial and error I became pretty good at all of them. I AM going to start my own carpet cleaning business and came to this site looking to gain some information of types of equipment that might be best to start with, since there is wealth of knowledge here, but it's just a bashing area. I think when someone asks a simple question about equipment...since this is suppose to a place to ask such a question..and there are alot to choose from in this industry....it don't need a ole timer that doesn't do it anymore talking about crap that doesn't even pretain to the question....maybe there is a reason they don't do it anymore...who cares...if you don't know why bother with some bs all the time. I think this is my 2nd post here but I like I said I've done alot of reading.
c.sutton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.sutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2011 at 4:21pm
This would be an example of the information I would expect to see if I asked that dumb question...

Alexarz ,I have had several truckmounts and for one thing they are so expensive!
Most of us can not just let go of $11,000.00 to $13,000.00 for an entry
level truckmount. So we lease and even in our down economy the interest
that leases are based on at least in this industry is very high.
Whether one purchaces a Recoil 3 or an M5 they certainly have all the power
and performance one needs to clean carpet close to the same levels as
truckmounts. In my opinion a 2HT propane heater will level the playing field
so that being able to clean from a small van or trailer is not only possible
but quite easy to do. Many like you will add an inline power booster since
they do add a lot of vacuum and are not expensive.
When you add the heat you lessen the need for extra cleaning strokes and
also you will not need as much chemical as without hot cleaning soltuion.
In most situations you only need 100 feet of 2 inch vacuum hose so either
one of these of machines can do this. 150 feet is need only for a few minutes
to reach a bedroom and then as you can you pull a 50 foot section off.

Some do prefer to keep even more simple and just use the hot water at
the customers home. In residential this is not a big problem since most
have big enough hot water tanks to provide all the 140  degree water
you need.
As long as the traffic areas are peconditioned and with spot treatment
one can do an excellent job with a high performance portable.
As you pointed out one can use a 220 splitter and never have amp
problems or tripping breakers.
Even going portable one can leave the machine on the porch so that all
the noise is outside allowing a technician to be able to communicate
with the customer etc...

This was an nice post btw...thanks for being able to share
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2011 at 6:18pm
well good thing you are here with this wealth of knowledge to post such a wonderful reply.

This is how it works on forums, you weed through the crap to get what you want.

At the end of the day who wants to give away hard earned info for free.... Lots of the people here are competitors...  and that one piece of good advice could be read by the wrong person that could steal away your business.
www.mr-steamer.com
c.sutton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.sutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2011 at 7:07pm
Well the above post was an answer to somone's question in a different post, so I not going to take any credit for the usefully information provided. I personally don't have a bunch of experience but would like to have place to ask a honest question and get a honest answer.

If they don't want to give their competitor  an edge, then don't post anything...instead of carrying on with a bunch of bs to have to sit down and go thru.

I been to alot of other forum's that just didn't allow the "kids" to use it for playground because the are bored and have nothing better to do. After a while they were banned from the site and the site could actually be used for it's intent...information

Like I said I have be doing alot of reading here and in each case there a certain "pro's" that don't answer any quetions but carry on with a bunch of garbage talk. Not sure why...maybe a bad experience in the past?

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2011 at 10:10pm
It happens on a lot of the forums...  every one is an expert or an authority...  LOL

Ted and the people of Kleen Kuip have to becareful they could ban a CUSTOMER...trust me when I say a banned forum user won't buy good from KLEEN KUIP...lol

if you don't like what is offered on this forum and you aren't able to put up with the bull shiat then there are a lot of other forums....  I've posted everywhere and trust me we are pretty friendly here compared to other forums
www.mr-steamer.com
c.sutton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.sutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2011 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

It happens on a lot of the forums...  every one is an expert or an authority...  LOL

Ted and the people of Kleen Kuip have to becareful they could ban a CUSTOMER...trust me when I say a banned forum user won't buy good from KLEEN KUIP...lol

if you don't like what is offered on this forum and you aren't able to put up with the bull shiat then there are a lot of other forums....  I've posted everywhere and trust me we are pretty friendly here compared to other forums
I don't mind bs..but it looks like thats why some of them are here...just to drag it out with bs and not offer anything that is worth while...except to let everyone know they slid out of the crack knowing eveyrthing there is to know and evryone esle is an idoit for asking a question..
I would be willing to listen (or read) any advise someone is willing to offer as long as they are not bashing me for asking the question
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2011 at 11:17pm
Most of us have been here since 2004 when they first started the forum...  we have answered these question times and times over...  Hi-jacking and humor  and friendly banter is just a part of forum life.

I barely post compared to the early days....  I too got tired of the bull
www.mr-steamer.com
c.sutton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.sutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2011 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Most of us have been here since 2004 when they first started the forum...  we have answered these question times and times over...  Hi-jacking and humor  and friendly banter is just a part of forum life.

I barely post compared to the early days....  I too got tired of the bull
Yea I understand that....I joined 2 days ago and made my 2nd post today...I was trying to do so reading before I asked the same ole quetion for the 100th time...need some sticky's here and just update as the market changes...jes that could be weekly.lol 
TipTopCleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TipTopCleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2023 at 10:55am
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Business is like  building a house, there are steps to follow , your business has to start with a plan ( Excavating the Land ) get proper footing with your financing, customer target, suppliers, equipment and staff ( if any ) Then you are ready for your business foundation to build on, one story at a time. Each level has to be solid and stable keeping in mind the next level of your construction. Any one level not properly stabilized will cause a ripple effect and your house of cards will come tumbling down.

Absolutely! I love the analogy. Clap

Planning is like excavating the land, setting the groundwork for everything to come. And just like in construction, each phase of your carpet cleaning business should be solid before moving to the next. It's all about that sturdy foundation, financial planning, understanding your customers, reliable suppliers, and a well-equipped team. One shaky level, and it's like pulling out the Jenga piece that brings the whole tower down.

TipTopCleaning: Elevating Cleanliness to a Whole New Standard!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234