Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6678
Printed Date: 08/May/2024 at 12:16pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Going to Start my Own Carpet Cleaning Business
Posted By: formula
Subject: Going to Start my Own Carpet Cleaning Business
Date Posted: 26/July/2010 at 8:03pm
Hi there everyone, I'm a total newby when it comes to carpet cleaning. I am going to begin my own carpet cleaning business in the the next 12 months and I'm in the process of researching the best way to get my business started and to make it profitable.
And of course, I am going to be taking the IICRC carpet cleaning technician course before I even spend my first dime starting my business.

I live in the Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; I'm going to be starting with a Ninja 200psi with heat and will have a Dodge minivan to use for my business. Now, I have a couple of questions:

1) To get my business off the ground I would market heavily to apartment owners/managers. I would offer them a free demo of my skills and equipment capability; I will also use kijiji and Craiglist exentsively to get customers. My goal here is to work my past clients very intensively and seek referrals from all of my customers; I want a business that is built upon past clients and referrals. I don't like the idea of spending money on advertising and fliers and that sort of thing. Besides your equipment, I just don't believe that you can 'buy' your way into success in this business. Does this particular marketing plan appear to be a practical method of gaining a repeatable and sustainable business?

2) I really don't know how to price my carpet cleaning services. I have read on this forum different people saying that they charge anywhere from .10/sq. ft to .50/sq. ft. . What are you Technicians charging in the Vancouver, British Columbia area? I don't like the idea of servicing your clients customers for next to nothing just to get the job, but I also don't want to price myself out of the business by charging too high. I do believe that people will would rather pay a good price for a good quality job, rather than paying a low baller to do a lousy job. I would like to eliminate the low quality customers who only care about saving a penny. I want only those customers who are willing to pay for a consciensous, talented, and knowledgeable carpet cleaning technician. So what kind of pricing would accomplish this objective?

Again, I'm still in the planning stages.

Thanks everyone

Replies:
Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 27/July/2010 at 5:59am
I think you should learn about business first, then carpet cleaning or any other service or product.. By reading your post you have no knowledge what business is about, what success is or the fair exchange between money and product.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 27/July/2010 at 6:18am
I wouldn't be here if I knew all there was to know about the business Nightrider. I'm trying to get basic knowledge about pricing and marketing.

Thanks Nightrider and everyone else.

formula

Date Posted: 28/July/2010 at 7:26am
KleenKuip and its posters is not here as a school, you won't learn much except along the lines of machinery, equipment and cleaning products, but that is as useful as a website  about running shoes ( you will not become an athlete )

My point is, where I live I may get .50 sq. ft and where you are the rates are .15 sq. ft ..... so if I were to tell you to charge my rates your phone would never ring.

Another thing rich people also penny pinch, so low-balling is not always a bad thing.....low price does not have to mean low quality, Wal-Mart is the largest company in the world low-balling , and General Motors went BUST claiming to build quality cars.

Business is like  building a house, there are steps to follow , your business has to start with a plan ( Excavating the Land ) get proper footing with your financing, customer target, suppliers, equipment and staff ( if any ) Then you are ready for your business foundation to build on, one story at a time. Each level has to be solid and stable keeping in mind the next level of your construction. Any one level not properly stabilized will cause a ripple effect and your house of cards will come tumbling down.

I guess that's the best I can do, on this forum regarding my short explanation outside of a class-room.  Good Luck

Nightrider

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 28/July/2010 at 1:59pm
Seems like you're in your pre-planning stages, and I won't fault you for using this forum to help get into things. Nightrider is right, though--this is a fine place to talk shop but not so much to learn the biz. Lurk around and get more involved as you develop your plan and eventually put it into action. You'll learn some and it will keep you thinking about the industry while you get things going. 

Date Posted: 28/July/2010 at 9:31pm
Thanks Michael, I appreciate your encouragement. Of course I'm going to be taking the IICRC course to get my absolute basics in place. It's true that I'm in the pre-planning stages right now because I believe in what Nightrider has said, and that is to learn more about the business before getting involved with it directly. I couldn't agree more about that.

I have learned one important thing already, that is, instead of the Ninja 200 I think I will spend more money and get the Ninja 500 that goes at 500 psi instead of the much lower 200 psi. It's quality work that I want to do and will have to do if I'm to compete against the Truck Mounted systems.

There is a guy that does our apartment carpets and he charges $80 for a one bedroom apartment and $90 for a two bedroom, so I will probably charge that as well. It looks like that works out to around $.12/foot. He also uses a portable carpet cleaner/extractor and a minivan. In fact, he has two vans and with portables and is clearly doing very well in his business. That is what I would like to do also.

Anyways, I'll take your advice and just keep on learning from what other have written here.

Thanks

Formula

Date Posted: 28/July/2010 at 10:25pm
I have a Ninja from five years ago that I recently replaced with a Mytee. The new Ninja--the Ninja Warrior--looks like a quality machine, plus it's named after an awesome show. ;) I wouldn't recommend going over 200 psi on carpet using a portable. Take a little longer at 200psi and you'll avoid over-wetting. I only use 500 psi for tile. More on that in the Portables section.

Good luck, Formula. Welcome to the forum.

Date Posted: 28/July/2010 at 11:29pm
So you wouldn't actually get a Ninja 500 psi for carpet?? That's interesting because I have been reading more in the portables section and everyone seems to be unanamous that 200psi is not an adequate amount of pump action to do top-notch work. I would like to stick with a Ninja 200 but I would also want to do the apartment building's hall carpets as well. Do you think that would be adequate for that kind of job?

So you are still using portables after five years, obviously you must do pretty well in this business. Do you mind if I ask you, how did you get your first customers? I want to get repeat business and referrals. I want my customers to be mine for the life of my business. Everyone has a sphere of influence comprised of about 250 people, so there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to make a sustainable and profitable business by going for repeat cusotmers and referral business.

Do you use a minivan to transport your portable around to your job sites?

Thanks Michael

formula

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 28/July/2010 at 11:38pm
Hope you understand how to market a service business and that you have also done your business plan so you know what challenges you face.  It's not all about knowing how to be a grunt and run a machine. 

Nuff said.

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Date Posted: 28/July/2010 at 11:41pm
Hi Soil, I agree with you. I'm trying to learn how to market my services, I know that is one of the biggest challenges facing any business. So if anyone has any ideas on how to market a new carpet cleaning business I would definitely appreciate all the knowledge I can get.

The thing is, I want to stay away from trying to get into the Yellow Pages, Local papers, and other high cost marketing techniques, unless I absolutely have to use those venues to get business. I have read other's experiences with these forms of advertising and they have said that they don't bring in enough business to justify cost. I would like to phone every apartment block in my city and market my services to them by doing some free demo work for them. I would also like to use venues like Craigslist and Kijiji to market my services. Again the idea is to work past clients for more business and referrals. Every other business does marketing that way, so I believe that It should also work for my small business.

Thanks

Posted By: Ken Harris
Date Posted: 29/July/2010 at 1:43am
Stay with the 200 psi machine IMO. Water delivery and water recovery need to stay in balance to stay out of trouble. IMO 500 psi pump on a portable needs 2  3 stage vacs for proper recovery. If you don't have that I think that 200-250 psi is as high as you should go.

-------------
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 29/July/2010 at 2:19pm
Same as Ken said you must stay in balance, dry times are very important in this day and age.

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 29/July/2010 at 3:56pm
Ok, but with a 200psi machine I should still get one with an internal heater, agreed? Or is heat not to terribly important here? From what I have read in the other sections, many say that your machine should have an internal heater as well.

Thanks again

formula

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 29/July/2010 at 4:13pm
Heat is good, however, I am willing to bet that more than 3/4's of the time you will not need/use it. It will require a seperate outlet etc.etc.  May end being a pain in the butt.

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 29/July/2010 at 4:20pm
Yes, with 200 psi pressure a heater is a good thing to add. However dont get an internal one. That way when it breaks(an it will break more than your machine) you are not left without a machine while your heater is getting repaired. You can go without a heater for a while, but you cannot afford to be without your money making machine.Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 31/July/2010 at 12:26pm
So Cleanex, why don't you use the heat 3/4 of the time? I thought that heat was always necessary to get really great results. I'm surprised about that.

And also, I would like to thank everybody that contributed to this particular thread. All of the replies have been helpful to me in deciding which machine to get.

formula

Date Posted: 31/July/2010 at 5:52pm
I may be out of place saying this.....But if you think your biggest concern is what machine to buy , I can predict right now that you are going to fail in this business. Cleaning equipment means squat, nothing, $hit, nada . Heat or no heat, all king of different chems, what car , truck , or horse and buggy . All of the above mean NOTHING.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 31/July/2010 at 5:58pm
Jack is of course right on this.

Your marketing plan and business plan are what really spell the difference between success and failure. You can succeed with almost any equipment, but you cannot succeed without the right business and marketing plan.

-------------

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 01/August/2010 at 12:02am
Its bad for your health.. Your chances of getting cancer and other
organ damage increase dramatically..Ahhhh!! Confused Ahhhh!! 

Find another biz. Wacko

Date Posted: 01/August/2010 at 4:46am
Ok Ken, Business and Marketing Plan. I agree. How do I formulate such a set of plans?? I want to succeed so I will need both. Point me in the right direction people. I definitely appreciate it.

Thanks

formula

Date Posted: 01/August/2010 at 7:28am
You know what  Formula.....you're full of crap. You just like to play games and get people to respond to your rubbish questions, your questions are DUMB...MORONIC...STUPID...and most of all A WASTE OF TIME, Yours and Ours.

You either have a small portable scratching the sidewalks looking for work , or have a truckmount and go by the name of Mr. Steamer ( grammer is almost the same ) or just a nobody, with nothing to do but dream of cleaning carpets.

Want a right direction to go from Ken Harris, send him $ 200.00 and join his club and he will set you on the right track in business , otherwise cut the crap, start a C.C business and post your pics of your equipment and fill out your profile so we know who you are..... right now you're only a mirror reflection of nothing with nowhere to go.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 01/August/2010 at 10:41am
You live in a big city, Formula. Check out the suppliers. Ours have all kinds of classes, some for certifications and others for marketing, etc. I don't know what Ken is talking about concerning a separate heater. If the one in your machine breaks down, you order a new one. When its in, you swap it out in 45 minutes. The machine is no more out of commission than if you had a separate heater. But anyway, Nightrider is right (if rude). Get your shiz together. We don't know you yet and we get jerked around all the time.

@Nightrider: I don't think Mr. Steamer could have pretended to be as polite as Formula for this long. It just isn't in him.

Date Posted: 01/August/2010 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by formula formula wrote:

Hi Soil, I agree with you. I'm trying to learn how to market my services, I know that is one of the biggest challenges facing any business. So if anyone has any ideas on how to market a new carpet cleaning business I would definitely appreciate all the knowledge I can get.

I can put you under contract to market your company.  I cannot justify providing FREE advice.  Once under contract you and I can discuss market positions.

-------------

Posted By: EricaBens
Date Posted: 05/August/2010 at 4:33am
Such a useful thread, i also would like to start carpet http://bestcleaningservices.wordpress.com/ -

Date Posted: 05/August/2010 at 5:58am
To be successful in carpet cleaning you have to have a catchy name.....you have a good one, just change it a little to  EricaBensOver

Nightrider

Posted By: Chay
Date Posted: 05/August/2010 at 2:08pm

Shocked

Date Posted: 05/August/2010 at 10:25pm
And Rover drove her for he had a wand of his own

-------------

Date Posted: 05/August/2010 at 10:27pm

As a woman recently becoming unemployed was asked what do you  want to with your life. I came to this forum looking for some advice on starting a carpet cleaning business. I was always fascinated by carpet cleaning as I have my carpets done 2x a year. Kids, pets, and beige carpet, not a good mix.

Was offended by the comment of Nightrider. Is this the kind of advice you give to women trying to make a new start in life? I checked your profile and I thought you were supposed to be a marketing master! OMG if that is your idea of marketing Nightrider I would never take your advice!!

If you treat your female customers in this manner I am very surprised you have any business at all !!! As I see it most women make all the cleaning decisions in the home, if your sorry A$$ showed up at my door I would kick it to the curb!!

Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 6:12am
I've been kicked to the curb many a time, and since you live in Montreal perhaps it was by you ( I seem to remember a beige carpet, a bunch of shedding cats and a $hit-load of kids.....or was that a $hit -load of cats and a bunch of shedding kids )

So let me get this straight, you are soon to be unemployed, and the first thought that came to your head is I WANT TO CLEAN CARPETS .  What was your last job, that you want to move up to sucking $hit out of strangers carpets

Nightrider

Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 11:28am
Get a website. Approve Advertise in ALL the free listing. Advertise everywhere weekly papers on your vehicle Tshirts hats on and on and on. Clap 

Equiptment does mean something. Tongue Without it you cant work. Carpet Cleaner Pad Cleaning
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Johns+carpet+cleaning+wi&aq=f&aqi=m1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CSB7WfCdcTJnPKY7EM-_H7L8MAAAAqgQFT9DH1DM&fp=f9519659d5d079d0 -  

Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 11:35am
Another thing send out Commercial letter of intro. Mine pulls 3 jobs out of 12 letter sent. Stern Smile

Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 12:38pm
Thank you John for your advice. But I really need to know more about equipment. As I am starting out and really have no idea what are the best machines out there. I am looking into more residential for now. If all goes well hopefully will get my son into cleaning as well, and expanding.
As for you Nightrider, think maybee it was you that did my carpet, the guy was a real pervert !! But did a nice job on my carpet after my 12 kids and 16 cats got through with it. I figure sucking up sh*t is a lot more profitable than kissing A$$ for a buck picking up people's dirty plates in a restaurant.

Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 1:03pm
Yeah Chay, I remember now.....I think I licked your rug and before leaving you kissed my a$$, sorry I didn't have a plate for you to pick up . You have 16 cats, wow.....That's alot of pu$$y.

Where do you live Chay ( if that's your real name ) Oh wait.....maybe you're a guy pretending to be a girl to pick up a young carpet cleaner to compare wands with.

Nightrider 

Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 6:10pm
Holy Cow ! Is this guy for real? What is he doing here, besides being a sh*t disturber. Nightrider, I doubt very much that you got to lick my (carpet) and I'm sure I would have kicked your butt and not kissed it, and trust me I'm 100% woman, I may have an attitude but still all woman.
Why exactly do you want to know where I live? Profile says Montreal, think that's enough info.

Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 6:21pm
Anyone that has to say that they're 100% woman is a guy.....The gay parade is tomorrow, is that why you're in Montreal

Nightrider

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 9:32pm
Are Jack and Chay one in the same??Hits the fan

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 10:11pm
Chay, you need to go to work for someone in the industry.  This industry requires skill.  If I could read and obtain skill I would choose being a commercial pilot vs a carpet cleaner. 

Those who can, Do
Those who can't , Teach

-------------

Date Posted: 06/August/2010 at 11:48pm
Thank You, finally some people with some sense! Guess you can't read about carpet cleaning you actually have to do it to learn the skill like anyting else. Wise advice, I wouldn't want to sink too much savings into something that I might not be very skilled at in the beginning and have to repeat jobs to get it right.
I will keep researching and keep visiting this forum to try and get a little more advice from the sane ones around here. 
As for Nightrider, What's the matter? Afraid of a little more competition in Montreal? Your just a clown and offer nothing but smart A$$ comments that make me laugh. I don't have to prove to you or anybody who or what I am. See you around LIGHTBRIGHTER! Oh that's right your comments are not light and you don't seem very bright.LOL 

Date Posted: 07/August/2010 at 6:31am
Not afraid of competition, I don't clean carpets any more.....I do Commercial contract cleaning, I leave the actual carpet cleaning for people like yourself . Too bad you have no experience or equipment, it would be an adventure too give you some sub contract work just to see what you look like.....post a pic here.....show everybody you're a girl

Nightrider

Date Posted: 07/August/2010 at 12:35pm

Now that would be funny! You are a worthy sparring oppenant Nightrider, as for the pic as soon as I find one without my beard and mustache! lol

Date Posted: 09/August/2010 at 7:27pm
There has been some great advice in this thread and I really want to thank all of your people for putting forth your ideas...even nightrider had some good advice to offer.

Thanks

Formula

Posted By: kaglan90
Date Posted: 12/August/2010 at 5:35am
I learned a lot from this thread as well, lots of experience in the room

Posted By: westcovina
Date Posted: 03/January/2011 at 8:34pm
Keep your costs low. Most new business fail from too much overhead.

-------------
http://www.example.com - http://www.carpet-cleaning-pasadena-ca.com/

Date Posted: 03/January/2011 at 9:46pm

Point and LaughHow low can you go? Stern Smile

Posted By: CDRX
Date Posted: 18/January/2011 at 2:05pm
I started in apartments and it is a good way to get off the ground.  You'll need to find out the going flat rates for 1 bd, 2bd and 3bd units.  I did well by undercutting the competition on the flat rate and making up the difference with additional charges for red stain removal, pet urine treatment, repairs, spot dying etc.

You can succeed in this way to begin with but you'll want to transition to residential as soon as possible as it is more profitable.

-------------
http://www.completecarpetcare.com - carpet cleaning bellevue
http://www.completecarpetcare.com/organic_steam_cleaning.html - carpet cleaning redmond

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 18/January/2011 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by CDRX CDRX wrote:

I started in apartments and it is a good way to get off the ground.  You'll need to find out the going flat rates for 1 bd, 2bd and 3bd units.  I did well by undercutting the competition on the flat rate and making up the difference with additional charges for red stain removal, pet urine treatment, repairs, spot dying etc.

You can succeed in this way to begin with but you'll want to transition to residential as soon as possible as it is more profitable.
undercutting eeewwwww

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: c.sutton
Date Posted: 19/January/2011 at 3:47pm
Well I've spent the last couple of days just reading alot of posts at this site trying to gathers some information and 1 thing is for sure, people trying to start a new carpet cleaning business must be asking the wrong questions. If you ask a simple question about equipment it turns into a about 4 pages of bs...there were a couple of responses to questions but still most of it is someone that been in the business forever and knew everything from day 1...they never had to ask anyone, anything...I wonder how NASA has gotten by.....I can respect someone that has put the time in, but if you're not willing to help someone new...then shut up. Why doesn't site have a spot just for newbie and their dumb a$$ questions and the guru's of carpet won't even have to respond. I've done a few things in my life and most of them I didn't know crap about when I started, but with some trial and error I became pretty good at all of them. I AM going to start my own carpet cleaning business and came to this site looking to gain some information of types of equipment that might be best to start with, since there is wealth of knowledge here, but it's just a bashing area. I think when someone asks a simple question about equipment...since this is suppose to a place to ask such a question..and there are alot to choose from in this industry....it don't need a ole timer that doesn't do it anymore talking about crap that doesn't even pretain to the question....maybe there is a reason they don't do it anymore...who cares...if you don't know why bother with some bs all the time. I think this is my 2nd post here but I like I said I've done alot of reading.

Date Posted: 19/January/2011 at 4:21pm
This would be an example of the information I would expect to see if I asked that dumb question...

Alexarz ,I have had several truckmounts and for one thing they are so expensive!
Most of us can not just let go of $11,000.00 to $13,000.00 for an entry
level truckmount. So we lease and even in our down economy the interest
that leases are based on at least in this industry is very high.
Whether one purchaces a Recoil 3 or an M5 they certainly have all the power
and performance one needs to clean carpet close to the same levels as
truckmounts. In my opinion a 2HT propane heater will level the playing field
so that being able to clean from a small van or trailer is not only possible
but quite easy to do. Many like you will add an inline power booster since
they do add a lot of vacuum and are not expensive.
When you add the heat you lessen the need for extra cleaning strokes and
also you will not need as much chemical as without hot cleaning soltuion.
In most situations you only need 100 feet of 2 inch vacuum hose so either
one of these of machines can do this. 150 feet is need only for a few minutes
to reach a bedroom and then as you can you pull a 50 foot section off.

Some do prefer to keep even more simple and just use the hot water at
the customers home. In residential this is not a big problem since most
have big enough hot water tanks to provide all the 140  degree water
you need.
As long as the traffic areas are peconditioned and with spot treatment
one can do an excellent job with a high performance portable.
As you pointed out one can use a 220 splitter and never have amp
problems or tripping breakers.
Even going portable one can leave the machine on the porch so that all
the noise is outside allowing a technician to be able to communicate
with the customer etc...

This was an nice post btw...thanks for being able to share

Date Posted: 19/January/2011 at 6:18pm
well good thing you are here with this wealth of knowledge to post such a wonderful reply.

This is how it works on forums, you weed through the crap to get what you want.

At the end of the day who wants to give away hard earned info for free.... Lots of the people here are competitors...  and that one piece of good advice could be read by the wrong person that could steal away your business.

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/January/2011 at 7:07pm
Well the above post was an answer to somone's question in a different post, so I not going to take any credit for the usefully information provided. I personally don't have a bunch of experience but would like to have place to ask a honest question and get a honest answer.

If they don't want to give their competitor  an edge, then don't post anything...instead of carrying on with a bunch of bs to have to sit down and go thru.

I been to alot of other forum's that just didn't allow the "kids" to use it for playground because the are bored and have nothing better to do. After a while they were banned from the site and the site could actually be used for it's intent...information

Like I said I have be doing alot of reading here and in each case there a certain "pro's" that don't answer any quetions but carry on with a bunch of garbage talk. Not sure why...maybe a bad experience in the past?

Date Posted: 19/January/2011 at 10:10pm
It happens on a lot of the forums...  every one is an expert or an authority...  LOL

Ted and the people of Kleen Kuip have to becareful they could ban a CUSTOMER...trust me when I say a banned forum user won't buy good from KLEEN KUIP...lol

if you don't like what is offered on this forum and you aren't able to put up with the bull shiat then there are a lot of other forums....  I've posted everywhere and trust me we are pretty friendly here compared to other forums

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/January/2011 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

It happens on a lot of the forums...  every one is an expert or an authority...  LOL

Ted and the people of Kleen Kuip have to becareful they could ban a CUSTOMER...trust me when I say a banned forum user won't buy good from KLEEN KUIP...lol

if you don't like what is offered on this forum and you aren't able to put up with the bull shiat then there are a lot of other forums....  I've posted everywhere and trust me we are pretty friendly here compared to other forums
I don't mind bs..but it looks like thats why some of them are here...just to drag it out with bs and not offer anything that is worth while...except to let everyone know they slid out of the crack knowing eveyrthing there is to know and evryone esle is an idoit for asking a question..
I would be willing to listen (or read) any advise someone is willing to offer as long as they are not bashing me for asking the question

Date Posted: 19/January/2011 at 11:17pm
Most of us have been here since 2004 when they first started the forum...  we have answered these question times and times over...  Hi-jacking and humor  and friendly banter is just a part of forum life.

I barely post compared to the early days....  I too got tired of the bull

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/January/2011 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Most of us have been here since 2004 when they first started the forum...  we have answered these question times and times over...  Hi-jacking and humor  and friendly banter is just a part of forum life.

I barely post compared to the early days....  I too got tired of the bull
Yea I understand that....I joined 2 days ago and made my 2nd post today...I was trying to do so reading before I asked the same ole quetion for the 100th time...need some sticky's here and just update as the market changes...jes that could be weekly.lol 

Posted By: TipTopCleaning
Date Posted: 08/November/2023 at 10:55am
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Business is like  building a house, there are steps to follow , your business has to start with a plan ( Excavating the Land ) get proper footing with your financing, customer target, suppliers, equipment and staff ( if any ) Then you are ready for your business foundation to build on, one story at a time. Each level has to be solid and stable keeping in mind the next level of your construction. Any one level not properly stabilized will cause a ripple effect and your house of cards will come tumbling down.

Absolutely! I love the analogy. Clap

Planning is like excavating the land, setting the groundwork for everything to come. And just like in construction, each phase of your carpet cleaning business should be solid before moving to the next. It's all about that sturdy foundation, financial planning, understanding your customers, reliable suppliers, and a well-equipped team. One shaky level, and it's like pulling out the Jenga piece that brings the whole tower down.

-------------
TipTopCleaning: Elevating Cleanliness to a Whole New Standard!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net