Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

leaning towards a recoil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2010 at 7:03pm
  That poor guy was me !!!  Can you run a 175 with one hand ? I can! Did you have the volume on ? Erik mentioned this was my first time. 2 hands  demonstrated by Erik after the video is much faster and easier.
   I have never tried the Roto vac have you tried  the Zipper ? I would like to try the roto Vac also but until then I won't knock something I have not tried. You should do the same !!
        Erik also runs an Vortex , he does not have a porty. Soon I will be doing a ride along with Erik to witness the power of the Vortex.
    You should do a video of your M5-hog-RV setup .Seems like the a video of the M5 is as hard to find as the Abominable snowman!
                                                                           JIM

Sponsored Links

canoer5222 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2010 at 7:06pm
Thanks John,
       Erik (20 yrs in biz)who runs a Vortex TM was as equally impressed!
                                                                          JIM
Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2010 at 10:04pm
Canoer, I did not mean to offend you. You just seemed to be struggling with getting that carpet clean. The closer shots showed you go over a dirty area but it did not come clean. It also took you a very long time to cover that ground but maybe that was because you were showing the machine more so than cleaning the carpet.

I'll be doing some videos in the near future. When I do, please make sure that your wives are not watching or they could suddenly lose interest in some of you fellas.  
ARubalcaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARubalcaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2010 at 10:36pm
Actually, just last Saturday, I ran 150' of solution line and vacuum hose with a booster also used.

This is an old customer that I have been servicing for 3 years.  This was the first time I cleaned the carpet with the LG Heater and the Recoil on the van. 
The first thing the customer asked was; "aren't you bringing in your carpet extractor". I explained the changes and that nothing was going to change in terms of the cleaning that he expects.  He actually was worried he wasn't going to get the same quality cleaning as he had in the past because he did not see the extractor as he had done the previous cleanings.

I cleaned 2 bedrooms, hallway, living room, family room, and den.  Normally this took about 4 1/2 to 5 hours to clean.  (vacuum, edge vacuum, pre-spot, etc. then extract following a bonnet cleaning using a CSS Oscilator Conqueror Breeze, then grooming the carpet)  This time it only took 2 hours and 40 minutes. 
I am saving about 40% in time with this new setup.  When I finished, I checked the first bedroom that I started with and it was dry, the second bedroom was also dry. 
I am getting great water recovery and very good dry times and obviously my time to clean has shortened.  I attribute this to the Recoil 3 XPS + the LG Heater.  Easy setup, easy break down, etc.

Actual real time use speaks for itself.

Regards,
Abe
Abraham Rubalcaba
dba Brushes & Bonnets Carept, Upholstery, Drapery, and Tile Cleaning
brushesbonnets@cox.net
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 12:44am
For the first time out with that wand, the man did the good in my opinion.  And I was a hwe guy once.  Sure is a lot of suction for all that hose.  Did he prespray?
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 7:43am
That wand sure has some nice machining quality. I am certain that it has some distinct advantages over a wand. I am just not so sure that it is more desirable on every job. The industry has needed a wand that can clean in both directions, for a long time. The Sapphire Scientific one is dreadful. I tried it and didn't even complete a room before I told my assistant to take it out to the van. This one looks much better.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 8:50am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

For the first time out with that wand, the man did the good in my opinion.  And I was a hwe guy once.  Sure is a lot of suction for all that hose.  Did he prespray?
Did he aggitate? Didnt look like it. Those dirty area's wouldn't of been so noticeable.
But then it was just a demo of new equiptment and its cleaning potential.

Santa Clause might bring me one of them and put it next to my lava hot, massive
suck, Always starts, never breaks down, Pretty TM.. LOL
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 10:09am
 Concerning the Zipper/Recoil/Booster : We did not vacuum or agitate. Did prespray however. Room was full of pet hair as was the booster and recovery tank after wards again showing the great vacuum the Recoil has at 150ft..
                                                                                JIM
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 11:10am
I found a great booster setup for Alexarz..
Hook it right up to your Carpet Cleaner .........LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 1:16pm
G-MAN
DOES IT BLOW HOT AIR ??
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 1:28pm
Dunno! Its for Al.. I think it will help performance with his m5! OK
Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 6:03pm
You Coiler Culters are a funny bunch. The guy merely said that they should not be using so much hose with a portable and he even complimented Mr Ed's commentary flair. If I were alexaz, I would call the Recoil, the  Cross American Regurgitator XPS3.
After all, wasn't this the machine that left a certain hispanic janitor from tmforums with a soaked customer's carpet? Now I admit that I have never used a Recoil but I feel that Locko "the janitor" (so named by Mr Ed) cried a river on that fateful night. For some reason, he has recently changed his tune and is blabbering about how good the Recoil is. I am more than a little bit suspicious that some Coil Cult members may have roughed him up and shook him straight into the Coil Cult membership plan.
You Coil dudes are a rough bunch but lets not forget that it was alexaz who scrapped you up so bad at the tm forum that they had to ban him for your protection. I laughed through the whole ordeal. That Rich Tank guy got in a few haymakers as well. Those were some funny times.
Stan moris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan moris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 9:54pm
MAN what a can of worms

I tried the recoil it worked great for what i need 50 feet of hose is good enough
just going to change it to two inch vacuum line bought it for 500 bucks it's 6 to 8 years old pretty clean not abused.

what did Ed do to you stalkers did he bugger your cat or something,I cant believe grown business men behaving like this trying to affect some ones business you have no business doing. I guess it's easy when you can go by just a code name would you say these things to the man in person. some of you need to get a life

thanks for the help Ed this machine is going to work out just fine.

i just sent you some Kona coffee

MahaloWomen with Hat and Lei

Aloha
alexanderS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2010 at 6:00pm

Hello Grutzy, somehow I thought you would be around here somewhere!

Do you think we are a pretty tough ie. Recoil owners! 
 A while back Locko called me and we had a great discussion. He is smart
and knows a lot about portables . It has become an obsession for him.
Particularly when it comes to vacuum. He likes his Recoil but just wants
to put in different vacuum motors and make a few minor changes.  I have
decided to leave mine the way it came which impressed my son and my wife
who used to be my partner in our carpet cleaning as well as our retail
distributorship. She felt that this is the best one yet! I considered putting
the same 3 stages that are in the Mytee M5 but decided  not to ge that
route. I know they are powerful and I also know they are very loud! So
I will use the stock vacuum motors which are quite powerful when used
together . I have used on my previous Recoil 3HP which had a different
primary vac motor on the same cord as the pumptec. The new one
is quite a bit more powerful and when all 3 are going it is noticably more
powerful.

I mean the Recoil3 XPS second edition
is what it is ! It can be set up in a van or trailer as a base unit. One does need
heat however and most of us prefer propane.
I just got my first CA Recoil 3XPS second edition . I will use it both as in
getting my son off to a good start in the carpet cleaning business and I
hope to take some videos that will help demonstrate that it is capable
and effective when mounted in a van. I also recieved my 2HT Little Giant
yesterday. Tomorrow I plan on going to a plumbing store for all the brass
etc that I need to make an adapter kit. Already picked up the hose necessary
for this as well as Quick Disconnects. I went ahead and got the cart system
so I can take it into bldgs that require security and no open doors. Still
will have the great performance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>