Print Page | Close Window

leaning towards a recoil

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6805
Printed Date: 09/May/2024 at 10:16pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: leaning towards a recoil
Posted By: Stan moris
Subject: leaning towards a recoil
Date Posted: 28/October/2010 at 10:34pm
Aloha guys
I am in the research mode and have a few models narrowed down
and the top of my list is the recoil. Reason for a portable is I have picked up some vacation condos I just cant reach with my truck mount. Not too worried about heat just suction and water pressure, I don't need a Swiss  knife kind of machine.
I know a few guys out here in the islands that have this machine and they all seem pretty much happy with them. So I am in the market for a gently used machine for under 2000 dollars

Mahalo

http://www.hawaiipictures.com/pictures/index/module/media/category/gallery|surfing|vintage/start/0/">Vintage Surf Photos

-------------
Aloha

Replies:
Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 28/October/2010 at 10:38pm
Well at least you can by parts for it at WalMart.

-

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Posted By: ARubalcaba
Date Posted: 28/October/2010 at 10:40pm
Email me as I might have something for you.  Its a Cross-American Recoil product.  My email is in my sig or call me at 602-818-6496.
Will explain why I have it and can send you pictures of its condition as it is in very good condition.

-------------
Abraham Rubalcaba
dba Brushes & Bonnets Carept, Upholstery, Drapery, and Tile Cleaning
brushesbonnets@cox.net

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 28/October/2010 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by pilediver pilediver wrote:

What? There is no Walmart in the middle of the Ocean..! Wacko LOL

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 29/October/2010 at 1:33am
I had to check it up --- yes, Hawaii has over 4000 employed by Walmart stores.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: Grutzy
Date Posted: 29/October/2010 at 8:38am

Come on, that's not nice. It's K-Mart that has the pool hoses that they use for the vacs.

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 29/October/2010 at 8:52am
Stan;

Contact Abraham Rubalcaba because he does have years of experience with all equipment makes, including the Cross-American RECOIL Systems. And, I can tell you with 100% confidence that he keeps and maintains his equipment in excellant shape and condition.

The very best always;
Ed Valentine
Cross-American Corp.

Date Posted: 29/October/2010 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Grutzy Grutzy wrote:

Come on, that's not nice. It's GRUTZY that uses K-Mart pool hoses for his Maggot5 vacs.
Shocked LOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: 29/October/2010 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Stan moris Stan moris wrote:

Aloha guys
I am in the research mode and have a few models narrowed down
and the top of my list is the recoil. Reason for a portable is I have picked up some vacation condos I just cant reach with my truck mount. Not too worried about heat just suction and water pressure, I don't need a Swiss  knife kind of machine.
I know a few guys out here in the islands that have this machine and they all seem pretty much happy with them. So I am in the market for a gently used machine for under 2000 dollars

Mahalo

http://www.hawaiipictures.com/pictures/index/module/media/category/gallery|surfing|vintage/start/0/">Vintage Surf Photos

Welcome here Stan. You know its about preferences. One person likes the recoil then another dont. Same with all portys and TMs. If your looking for versatility then
its the New Gen Recoils you want.
 If a porty is a short term plan before a TM then spend as little as posssible and save as much as possible. Uncle Sams Wholesaling has portys for $695..

My 99 recoil has been modified with 3 x 3 116765-13 Bookoo vac. It will suck the
snot out of a Maggot5 a block away.LOL And you dont even want to mess with my
TM. It would be 2 blocks..LOLLOL

I was stationed in Oahu for 3yrs. Nice place to be especially in the winter.
Good luck to you

Posted By: canoer5222
Date Posted: 29/October/2010 at 2:25pm
Stan
       Work with one of your friends that has the Recoil. Hands on demo will convince its the best porty available! Yep parts from home depot, kmart ,Wally mart all right on the island. Buy one those other generic machines and have a breakdown (and you Will!) expect weeks for parts !! Recoil is user friendly for any service required.
                                                                                   JIM

Date Posted: 29/October/2010 at 5:09pm
thanks for the help and Ed taking the time to help out I will give one of the local machines a try and see how it go
http://www.hawaiipictures.com/pictures/index/module/media/category/gallery|hula/pId/102/id/184/">Hula Dancer Picture

Mahalo

-------------
Aloha

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 02/November/2010 at 8:41am
Stan;

Here is the video you also requested of the Recoil & Zipper:

Recoil-3 XPS & Zipper, Jr.:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLUmhTrelMI - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLUmhTrelMI

Thanks;
Ed Valentine

Posted By: Alexarz
Date Posted: 02/November/2010 at 9:03am
The operator really seems to be struggling with that Zipper Jr. I wonder if the tool has water recovery issues (maybe it requires more vac power than a porty can achieve) or if it is because of the lack of vac power of the Recoil with all that hose hooked up. At any rate, I don't advocate the use of long hose runs with any portable. In the video, it looks like he will take an hour or so to complete one room. The poor guy is having a really hard time with that setup.

I have to admit that Ed Valentine has a very pleasant voice on these sort of videos. He should be a TV commentator. I wonder if he would be willing to commentate a video for my business. He's very good.

Date Posted: 02/November/2010 at 1:29pm
Its the same ol' crap rap with you isn't it?Bang Head Negativity overflows within you! Wacko
And the truth is that you wish you had a setup like that.

WOW! What a great porty setup. Using 1 hand with ease.  
No competition @ all... Pimpin

Date Posted: 02/November/2010 at 7:03pm
  That poor guy was me !!!  Can you run a 175 with one hand ? I can! Did you have the volume on ? Erik mentioned this was my first time. 2 hands  demonstrated by Erik after the video is much faster and easier.
   I have never tried the Roto vac have you tried  the Zipper ? I would like to try the roto Vac also but until then I won't knock something I have not tried. You should do the same !!
        Erik also runs an Vortex , he does not have a porty. Soon I will be doing a ride along with Erik to witness the power of the Vortex.
    You should do a video of your M5-hog-RV setup .Seems like the a video of the M5 is as hard to find as the Abominable snowman!
                                                                           JIM

Date Posted: 02/November/2010 at 7:06pm
Thanks John,
       Erik (20 yrs in biz)who runs a Vortex TM was as equally impressed!
                                                                          JIM

Date Posted: 02/November/2010 at 10:04pm
Canoer, I did not mean to offend you. You just seemed to be struggling with getting that carpet clean. The closer shots showed you go over a dirty area but it did not come clean. It also took you a very long time to cover that ground but maybe that was because you were showing the machine more so than cleaning the carpet.

I'll be doing some videos in the near future. When I do, please make sure that your wives are not watching or they could suddenly lose interest in some of you fellas.  

Posted By: ARubalcaba
Date Posted: 02/November/2010 at 10:36pm
Actually, just last Saturday, I ran 150' of solution line and vacuum hose with a booster also used.

This is an old customer that I have been servicing for 3 years.  This was the first time I cleaned the carpet with the LG Heater and the Recoil on the van. 
The first thing the customer asked was; "aren't you bringing in your carpet extractor". I explained the changes and that nothing was going to change in terms of the cleaning that he expects.  He actually was worried he wasn't going to get the same quality cleaning as he had in the past because he did not see the extractor as he had done the previous cleanings.

I cleaned 2 bedrooms, hallway, living room, family room, and den.  Normally this took about 4 1/2 to 5 hours to clean.  (vacuum, edge vacuum, pre-spot, etc. then extract following a bonnet cleaning using a CSS Oscilator Conqueror Breeze, then grooming the carpet)  This time it only took 2 hours and 40 minutes. 
I am saving about 40% in time with this new setup.  When I finished, I checked the first bedroom that I started with and it was dry, the second bedroom was also dry. 
I am getting great water recovery and very good dry times and obviously my time to clean has shortened.  I attribute this to the Recoil 3 XPS + the LG Heater.  Easy setup, easy break down, etc.

Actual real time use speaks for itself.

Regards,
Abe

-------------
Abraham Rubalcaba
dba Brushes & Bonnets Carept, Upholstery, Drapery, and Tile Cleaning
brushesbonnets@cox.net

Date Posted: 03/November/2010 at 12:44am
For the first time out with that wand, the man did the good in my opinion.  And I was a hwe guy once.  Sure is a lot of suction for all that hose.  Did he prespray?

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 03/November/2010 at 7:43am
That wand sure has some nice machining quality. I am certain that it has some distinct advantages over a wand. I am just not so sure that it is more desirable on every job. The industry has needed a wand that can clean in both directions, for a long time. The Sapphire Scientific one is dreadful. I tried it and didn't even complete a room before I told my assistant to take it out to the van. This one looks much better.

Date Posted: 03/November/2010 at 8:50am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

For the first time out with that wand, the man did the good in my opinion.  And I was a hwe guy once.  Sure is a lot of suction for all that hose.  Did he prespray?
Did he aggitate? Didnt look like it. Those dirty area's wouldn't of been so noticeable.
But then it was just a demo of new equiptment and its cleaning potential.

Santa Clause might bring me one of them and put it next to my lava hot, massive
suck, Always starts, never breaks down, Pretty TM.. LOL

Date Posted: 03/November/2010 at 10:09am
 Concerning the Zipper/Recoil/Booster : We did not vacuum or agitate. Did prespray however. Room was full of pet hair as was the booster and recovery tank after wards again showing the great vacuum the Recoil has at 150ft..
                                                                                JIM

Date Posted: 03/November/2010 at 11:10am
I found a great booster setup for Alexarz..
Hook it right up to your Carpet Cleaner .........LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Date Posted: 03/November/2010 at 1:16pm
G-MAN
DOES IT BLOW HOT AIR ??

Date Posted: 03/November/2010 at 1:28pm
Dunno! Its for Al.. I think it will help performance with his m5! OK

Posted By: Grutzy
Date Posted: 03/November/2010 at 6:03pm
You Coiler Culters are a funny bunch. The guy merely said that they should not be using so much hose with a portable and he even complimented Mr Ed's commentary flair. If I were alexaz, I would call the Recoil, the  Cross American Regurgitator XPS3.
After all, wasn't this the machine that left a certain hispanic janitor from tmforums with a soaked customer's carpet? Now I admit that I have never used a Recoil but I feel that Locko "the janitor" (so named by Mr Ed) cried a river on that fateful night. For some reason, he has recently changed his tune and is blabbering about how good the Recoil is. I am more than a little bit suspicious that some Coil Cult members may have roughed him up and shook him straight into the Coil Cult membership plan.
You Coil dudes are a rough bunch but lets not forget that it was alexaz who scrapped you up so bad at the tm forum that they had to ban him for your protection. I laughed through the whole ordeal. That Rich Tank guy got in a few haymakers as well. Those were some funny times.

Date Posted: 03/November/2010 at 9:54pm
MAN what a can of worms

I tried the recoil it worked great for what i need 50 feet of hose is good enough
just going to change it to two inch vacuum line bought it for 500 bucks it's 6 to 8 years old pretty clean not abused.

what did Ed do to you stalkers did he bugger your cat or something,I cant believe grown business men behaving like this trying to affect some ones business you have no business doing. I guess it's easy when you can go by just a code name would you say these things to the man in person. some of you need to get a life

thanks for the help Ed this machine is going to work out just fine.

i just sent you some Kona coffee

Mahalo http://www.hawaiipictures.com/pictures/index/module/media/category/gallery|people|women/pId/102/id/1872/">Women with Hat and Lei

-------------
Aloha

Posted By: alexanderS
Date Posted: 05/November/2010 at 6:00pm

Hello Grutzy, somehow I thought you would be around here somewhere!

Do you think we are a pretty tough ie. Recoil owners! 
 A while back Locko called me and we had a great discussion. He is smart
and knows a lot about portables . It has become an obsession for him.
Particularly when it comes to vacuum. He likes his Recoil but just wants
to put in different vacuum motors and make a few minor changes.  I have
decided to leave mine the way it came which impressed my son and my wife
who used to be my partner in our carpet cleaning as well as our retail
distributorship. She felt that this is the best one yet! I considered putting
the same 3 stages that are in the Mytee M5 but decided  not to ge that
route. I know they are powerful and I also know they are very loud! So
I will use the stock vacuum motors which are quite powerful when used
together . I have used on my previous Recoil 3HP which had a different
primary vac motor on the same cord as the pumptec. The new one
is quite a bit more powerful and when all 3 are going it is noticably more
powerful.

I mean the Recoil3 XPS second edition
is what it is ! It can be set up in a van or trailer as a base unit. One does need
heat however and most of us prefer propane.
I just got my first CA Recoil 3XPS second edition . I will use it both as in
getting my son off to a good start in the carpet cleaning business and I
hope to take some videos that will help demonstrate that it is capable
and effective when mounted in a van. I also recieved my 2HT Little Giant
yesterday. Tomorrow I plan on going to a plumbing store for all the brass
etc that I need to make an adapter kit. Already picked up the hose necessary
for this as well as Quick Disconnects. I went ahead and got the cart system
so I can take it into bldgs that require security and no open doors. Still
will have the great performance.

Date Posted: 05/November/2010 at 11:18pm
I think it is porty power envy.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net