Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Illegal Dumping of Truck Mount Dirty Water

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIP IT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2009 at 5:18pm
The inline filters are great at keeping the crud out of your wastetank and pump out system and don't affect airflow if you clean them regularly ( which takes about 30 seconds ).
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2009 at 3:35pm
Rotovac's New CFX Continuous Flow Extractor is a neat little carry-in carpet cleaner that can also be inserted at any time in your truckmount vacuum hose anywhere between your wand and dirty water tank.

It in itself has an extra 200 inches of water lift to add to your existing truckmount but the water being sucked to your return tank actually never gets to your tank. The dirty water actually flows through the CFX and in the process gets filtered then automatically gets pumped via a simple low pressure hose to anywhere you wish.

Back into the toilet in the house IS LEGAL.

The Rotovac CFX can also be used in flood situations and as a high-powered portable carpet cleaning machine. Thumbs Up

jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2009 at 3:48pm

god look at the mess.... i could only imangine the look on my customers face when i start dumping crap in the toilet....

I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
supernatural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supernatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2009 at 11:34pm
I think that will be the hard sell....getting past the idea that you are going to mess up the customer's floors, bathroom toilet, plumbing, etc., especially in the case of septic tank situation like we have around here.  I think it's a pretty good idea....just not in my financial deck of cards at the moment.  Recession, you know.   
If I can't get it clean then you had better replace it.
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2009 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by jaymark1 jaymark1 wrote:

god look at the mess.... i could only imangine the look on my customers face when i start dumping crap in the toilet....

I tend to agree that dumping into your customers toilet is a negative. But what your customer and a portable guy put into the toilet is far worse. Remember, the CFX filters all the solids out before disposing.

I wonder if you asked or gave your customer a choice, your toilet or your flowerbed and what there decision would be.

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2009 at 7:16pm
There are a lot of pros and cons as to where you actually dump or are allowed to dump in your state or province.

We all know that the majority of carpet cleaners are ILLEGALLY DUMPING and looking the other way.

As "PROFESSIONALS" we should tidy our own industry up first on a voluntary basis or the GOVERNMENT will do it for us.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supernatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2009 at 7:28pm
I think the majority of people in general do the right thing. Those who don't on a regular basis number no more than 2% of the general population and can be categorized as anti-social, and therefore self-limiting (when their customers find out they won't have any customers).  Anyone who regularly breaks the law like this has more problems than just opening his dump valve, in my opinion.  They will eventually take themselves out of the gene pool, sooner than later. 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2009 at 10:33am
inquireing minds need to know???
Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supernatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2009 at 12:07am
Need to know what?
FreshAire View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreshAire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2009 at 5:44am
everything!

otherwise they wouldn't be enquiring minds now, would they??
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2009 at 8:32am
This subject frustrates me more then anything.  Find out the local laws in your community.  If its ok to dump in a drain that goes to a plant, do it. 

I built a PVC pipe that goes into the sewage system, and I have a pump that goes from my truck mount, and a hose.  If im near a car wash, I dump there.  Its legal, safe, and doesnt take alot of time. 

I dont get why everyone on this site has to accuse people they dont know of illegal things....

I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
FreshAire View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreshAire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2009 at 9:50am
As some say Jaymark, ignorance is bliss, and a lotta guys like to wave the "But I didn't know" flag everywhere. Thing is, all laws are pertaining to a business are supposed to be researched by a business owner and adhered to, claiming ignorance won't get you off the hook with a lot of people "in authority". The buck's gotta stop somewhere and in this case it's you, either as an owner or as an employee. In fact, in a lot of cases, an employee can be brought to bear any associated costs and/or fines as well as the business owner, not knowing will not cut you any slack at all!

Besides which, what is so hard about looking after your/our environment?? Surely it's not that difficult to do??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supernatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2009 at 11:47am
I agree, Freshaire.   And, I hear ya Jaymark1,although it was not I who did the accusing. I assume that the great majority of us do the right thing. If we can figure out how to get various spots out, we can figure how to dump legally. 
Steam Man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steam Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2009 at 5:03pm
Where I am we can dump to sewerage drain no problem and to a soak away if so many meters away from a water course.

I use micro splitters most of the time and I have to laugh sometimes,  my waste water is so innocuous compared to stuff the average housewife shoves into the system.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>