Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to truckmounts
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=918
Printed Date: 27/April/2024 at 7:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Van Insulation
Posted By: puddle proof
Subject: Van Insulation
Date Posted: 30/December/2004 at 10:24pm
  What is the best way to insulate a van & can I do it myself.  I have tried everyone from home insulators to autobody guys.

-------------
We'll Make Your Surroundings Sparkle

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 30/December/2004 at 10:25pm
I have always had mine sprayed with foam.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 30/December/2004 at 10:32pm
  That is kinda what i figured but i am having a tough time trying to find someone to do it. The closest i can get is the guys around here that spray oilfield tanks & i hate to leave it up to these guys. 

-------------

Date Posted: 30/December/2004 at 11:30pm
I use a guy who spray insulates almost anything it will stick to.  Just explain what you want.  I have it applied very light between the ribs of the van on sides and ceiling.  It takes quite awhile to mask out the areas of the van where you don't want overspray and around lights etc.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 31/December/2004 at 12:39pm
Buy the foam in the can if you want to do it yourself. Total price will be about the same the spray guys charge if you buy your foam cans from Home Depot.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 31/December/2004 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Buy the foam in the can if you want to do it yourself. Total price will be about the same the spray guys charge if you buy your foam cans from Home Depot.

It would look like sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: steed
Date Posted: 05/January/2005 at 9:25pm
We usually have are truck spray foamed, I have used the bubble doubled foiled insulation in are service trucks. ( thats aluminum foil over bubble rap) Reflex heat very well. For extreme temps I prefer the foam insulation -20 Degree.

Date Posted: 05/January/2005 at 10:37pm
True Doug, but at least the truck would stay warm! lol

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: Lisa Smith
Date Posted: 06/January/2005 at 12:31am

Posts like this make me glad I live in SoCal...it's a chilly 50* outside here tonight. I don't know how you Canucks and other cold weather birds deal with freezing TM's, solution lines, chems, etc. that's a rough way to earn a living in the winter.

Take care and stay warm,

Lisa

Date Posted: 06/January/2005 at 1:30am
   -40 something celcius today in Saskatchewan Lisa. I think we will just be leaving it all in the shop today. lol

-------------

Date Posted: 07/January/2005 at 8:10pm
-40 is the same wether F or C . It is the only temp where you don't have to specify.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/January/2005 at 8:26pm
    Well its 40 below &  I don't give a F___. I got a heater in my truck & I'm off  for at least 2 days.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/January/2005 at 5:09pm
-40 eh? You must be located close to Winterpeg, or would that be near Saskatoon or Edmonchuk?

-------------

Date Posted: 08/January/2005 at 8:38pm
  Inbetween Edmonton & Saskatoon.  But its not 40 below C or F anymore.
Its just a foot & a half of snow & perfect sleddin weather. Time to get the Cat out! cya

-------------

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 12/April/2005 at 11:34am

I went to a local industrial spray foam outfit and they did a better job than the guys that did my other van (the guys Fibreclean send it to) for less than half price.

only thing is the foam on the ribs need to be cut on the roof if I wanna use them

sure stays warm in there though.......it's quite thick

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 12/April/2005 at 6:45pm

http://www.perfection-carpet.com/van.htm - http://www.perfection-carpet.com/van.htm

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 12/April/2005 at 8:21pm
eeeeeeewwwwwwwwww thats a crap job

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 12/April/2005 at 8:28pm

Ain't that a B*tch!! Try to help out a little and some a hole has to cut ya down!!!  so much negative around here it stinks.

Date Posted: 13/April/2005 at 2:04am
  Thanks for the pic John.
I hate to be negative but the two things you will notice is that your insulation will get torn apart unless you cover it, also you will need something over your wheel wells to keep the noise down.
  But lets keep it positive the floor looks awesome!!

-------------

Date Posted: 13/April/2005 at 5:45am

Actually i got this from another BB. A guy named Bob Savage posted it and i saved it to share with others. But that's OK, you know how it is, one mans garbage is another mans treasure. Steamer didn't like it. And i'm not calling him an a hole personally, he seems like a good man. Just trying to help and participate.

No BIGGIE man. Life goes on. Do your thing.

Date Posted: 14/April/2005 at 2:52am
   hey ya got  me
That is a pretty funny pic. It does look like sh*t. lol

-------------

Date Posted: 14/April/2005 at 6:16am

The insulation gets moist wet and soggy... maybe even grow a little mold.

it's better if you get it done with spray foam insulation... only cost a few hundred and looks a lot better. 

sorry my first re-action is eww that was bad of me

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/April/2005 at 6:19am
the floor should be covered in tar and then you put the rubber matting down on it...  that wood floor is going to look like hell after a while and carry a smell

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: OCC Boss
Date Posted: 28/April/2005 at 10:58pm
If you still need someone, send me a post or e-mail if you are located in south-western ontario, I might be abble to refer you. They can do it where-ever.

-------------
H8 DIRT

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net