Are they BLIND with no sense of smell??

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Carpet Cleaners Hangout
Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=741
Printed Date: 13/May/2024 at 5:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Are they BLIND with no sense of smell??
Posted By: diva
Subject: Are they BLIND with no sense of smell??
Date Posted: 09/November/2004 at 7:28pm

It blows me away

How do people not notice that their carpet that was once blue is sudenly BLACK and stinks to high Heaven???

Are they blind?

Are they with out a nose??

It blows me away....

Today was thee worst! UGH!!

BLAH YUCK PUTRID

BUT ALL IS WELL IT IS BLUE ONCE AGAIN.

-------------
THE DIVA

Replies:
Date Posted: 09/November/2004 at 7:53pm

-------------
THE DIVA

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 09/November/2004 at 8:51pm
Diva:  Move out to the country where you almost gag and people look at you like you are the one with a problem.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 09/November/2004 at 8:55pm

Looks good to me Diva.

Blue is my favorite colour. What are those black spots on the carpet or maybe there shadows?

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 09/November/2004 at 11:05pm

shoulda taken the pic in the same area

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 4:14am

Thats the part we hadn't done yet

We prefer to take DURING pics that way you know they are authentic.

One side of each pic was done The other side wasn't

And BTW It was GREASE!! NASTY NASTY GREASE

They didn't even know they had Blue carpet and one guy was like "oh it has striipes???

CRAZY

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 6:07am

What I noticed was the base board carpeting.....hmmmmm digital touch up???? don't get mad... it's just what I noticed...or did you do them to?

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 11:10am

I wasn't trying to be insulting

it just looks like a before pic of one area and then an after pic of another area

which looks like it could be two different areas or carpets for that matter,,,,just an observation.

I know padding can do a good job,just wouldn't be my choice for what looks like a restaurant.

not cuz it wouldn't work,but with a carpet THAT nasty,must take ALOTTA pads

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 3:15pm

OK FOR CLARITY;

These are not the same area

These are two different areas AND like I said before this is a DURING photo. SO STEAMER the base boards were not done yet.

So if you look at the pics one side is black and one side is blue, right? The blue side was already done (it used to be black like the other side)

Steaminpile: We did use OP but we used a brush on it to scrub it and then we padded it. And YES we went through a Hell of a lot of pads But it was so worth it because  the response of the owner and managers was incredible.

AND NO I AM NOT SAYING ALL HAIL THE PADDERS Im simply saying that Yes it did the job and obviously noone else had doen it this well before.

It kills me that some people call them selves "CLEANERS", they secure a good contract by telling the owner that if they can't get up the dirt no one can and that is plain BS. I bet the next time the old cleaner goes in to see why they haven't called him he will exclaim "Oh you finally got new carpets" LOL LMSAO!!! No buddy they were finally CLEANED thats all!!!!! 

Oh and that was not a dig at ANYONE on this board or ANY method. It was simply me VENTING at the nerve of stupid people who lack the skills and integrity to do the job right! Those people give real carpet BEAUTIFIERS  a bad name ! LETS FIND HIM!!!! LOL

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 3:23pm
Diva: I can call you Diva right ?  Question for the not so bright.  How long? How many pads, what would you have to have a sq.ft. to make money when you say many pads including the washing total hours spent?  I am just curious you don't have to reveal your price for this job as it is none of my business, just a ball park.  One other thing. Would HWE, then pad not have more sence and maybe have given the same results? I am just inquireing as I did not see it and cannot comment. Just asking.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 3:39pm

Doug; I can call you Doug right??? LOL

We went through just over 100 pads

I will say this last night is what John refers to as "digging for gold"

It took around 8 hours, The pads are soaking as we speak I'll throw them in the washing machine in a minute and they will be good as new SO add an 5 minutes to throw them in and 5 minutes to take them out. We don't count soaking time.

Half way through the owner stop in and after seeing the results at that point and us explaining to him  that this is going to be a long thourough cleaning that would take extensive labour just to get it up to a managable point, we were able to double our price and secure an every two week contract with him.

Now that we have put in the tough work, the every two week jobs will be around 30 pads and 2 hours. we will then charge .32 per square ft but because of the results he didn't even cringe. We will be talking to him tomorrow about the tile and grout which makes up about 75% of the restaurant. He has already expressed his interest in this service on a by weekly basis aswell. CA~CHING CA~CHING Dougie thats all we are seeing! LOL

Oh and when we checked back this morning it still looked great and the shocked looks for the staff said volumes!!

PS. that was not a not so bright question at all if you don't pad then you don't know YOUR QUESTIONS ARE PERFECTLY LEGIT!

P.s. There was so much grease on the carpet we actually did bring in the 400 psi porti just to see if it would make a difference (and possibly save our pads) however it didn't budge the dirt or grease so we went back to SCRUBBING with the OP brush.  We were thinking about you and Steamer while we were attempting to steam it LOL You guys were in our thoughts.LOL

Oh and the one area we did use the HWE on

this morning when we went back had some wickback. Sorry  But just to show that we did attempt it.

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 4:06pm
DIVA:  All I can say is that's incredable?  Well I could say somethnig else,  But not in the mood to argue.  Pay me now or pay me later.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: PadMan
Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 4:59pm
Great job you two, keep a book of all your pics, people really appreciate that.

-------------
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 6:30pm
[

P.s. There was so much grease on the carpet we actually did bring in the 400 psi porti just to see if it would make a difference (and possibly save our pads) however it didn't budge the dirt or grease so we went back to SCRUBBING with the OP brush.  We were thinking about you and Steamer while we were attempting to steam it LOL You guys were in our thoughts.LOL

this morning when we went back had some wickback. Sorry  But just to show that we did attempt it.

DIVA

Diva:  I would not have expected a 400 psi porty to do anything.  That much grease I would expect the right cleaner , high heat and good extraction.  Wickback?  I attribute that to improper HWE.  You didn't have the right machine for the job.  Not a good comparison to even think of Mr. Steamer or myself when you are talking a 400 psi porty.  That would be like bonett clean ing and thinking of you. Fair statement.  You cannot be compared to bonett cleaning and I don't expect to be compared to a 400psi porty with or without heat?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 8:19pm

Thats the kind of contract you want to set up Diva... every month or so....

wow and .32 a sq ft... thats great... Can I get a Job with you guys.....

If You ever want to see if Steamer can make a difference, give me a call....

I'll heat up the old pro chem....lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: Mr.Mike
Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 8:33pm

I have cleaned carpets using (HWE) Hot Water Extraction under very similar conditions many times...neglected carpeting in greasy restaurants does require ALOT of extra labour. Be sure to charge accordingly.

The proper chemical + dwell time can make a HUGE difference in your cleaning.

http://www.kleenkuip.com/portables/steamin_demon_pics.htm - For example this greasy restaurant before and after pics.

Product used was Chemspec ENZALL with a Steamin Demon II. The results really do speak for themselves. The owner was blown away by the results.

I feel real sorry for the poor soul who cleaned the same carpeting 6 months later using just a portable and wand. It was painfull watching this guy sweat and groan with every wand stroke. I myself cleaned the same carpeting a couple times before using this method (albiet with the famous Ramm Vann...awesome heat and suction) but it really took its toll on my body at the end of the day.

-------------
I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 10:24pm

from dark grey to royal blue...hhhmmmmm... I think the base boards should have been the orginal color... doesn't anyone else think so???

the pics look fishy to me

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 10:28pm
if you really can get it to look that good... then I MIGHT AS WELL GIVE UP CLEANING....

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 10:37pm
where is this restuarant... can we go and see it?????I would love that

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 10:48pm
The doubt is in the pictures Diva.  I also would like to know is this to you the true colour of blue after you finished the job or was there two different rooms in that restaurant that you cleaned. It is just such a drastic change in colour.

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 10:55pm

If you look at the pic I posted .. that dark cloud pattern looks very similar in both pictures...

should have taken pics with the op running through a dirty area

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 10:59pm
What!!! Steamer you just lost me.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 11:00pm
There is a dirty "w" pattern in the carpet... dont you see it Adwa

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 11:07pm

Oh ya Steamer, very observant.  I really think Diva would not doc the pitchers I just think the colour setting on the camera is off.

No offense Diva but these questions are justified.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 11:20pm
It looks like the same spot in the same area..... the staining looks Identical

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 11:44pm
Mr. Steamer:  As I have said a picture is worth a thousand words.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 10/November/2004 at 11:46pm

Padman is this what you teach... digital touch ups????

Nov19th will prove everything...

I'm bring my own dirty carpet...if I can make it

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 12:02am
Mr. Steamer: How are you going to make a dirty carpet?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 7:08am
I'm going to take some nasty stuff from a customers house...llol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 8:01am
Mr. Steaner:  Do you think they will miss it?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 5:25pm

Padman is this what you teach... digital touch ups????

Senor Steamer, KMA! Check out my pics and will find NO touch ups.

That accusation was out of line.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 7:23pm

I agree Padman, Steamer should have said it...... but let the truth be told I was thinking it... so being an honest man I said it...

I know you have nothing to do with touch ups... I know you wouldn't do touch ups...

But that pic looks suspect to me.... honestly how does it look to you Padman...???

speak honestly now...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 8:24pm

We did no touch ups

Digi cams are funny with lighting

I have more pics

AND I WILL POST THEM

IT SEEMS IM AM BEING REFERED TO AS A LIAR AGAIN!!!!!!!

I REALLY HOPE THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!

I WILL ALSO HAVE THE PICS AVAILABLE ON THE 19TH!!

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 8:57pm

Here is the situation as I honestly see it.

All too often when you start and when you finish the sun moves so far as the lighting can change considerably. I have taken many pics that the lighting had changed so  much I didn't even keep the pics.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 10:17pm

Diva I am not calling you a liar but I just wanted you to tell me that yes the blue seems bluer on the pic then it was in person or in the first pictures. Don't you think I'm right.

Digital camera's are new to most of us and can be used in properly until you gain some experience.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 11:31pm

I use digi cams everyday... never had this problem... things are always as they seem...

My wife does scrap booking.... anyone interested????

Diva just pick a better example next time...lol

too bad cleaning doesn't last forever... but I leave that for my new topic

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 11/November/2004 at 11:33pm
The one advantage to a digital is you can view each pic. If the pic is not good reshoot.  That simple we use them all the time.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 12/November/2004 at 7:15am
Digi cams are my life...lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 12/November/2004 at 7:48am
Mr. Steamer:  Maybe you can post some pics of yourself in action.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 12/November/2004 at 7:52pm

If you've seen one clean carpet you've seen them all douggie....

But I guess I could post some of my work if it would make you happy

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 12/November/2004 at 8:16pm

Here I did a red wax job today, look at the differing colors all on ONE carpet.

So there you have it, all done in a 30 minute time span yet the colors look off, differing distances will give you differing colors as well as the sun moving and shining into the room differently.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/November/2004 at 9:16pm
Mr. Steamer: I meant pics of you in action in full battle dresGuitars.

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 11:55am
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

If you've seen one clean carpet you've seen them all douggie....

Steamer I would bet Diva would not agree with you. There is clean then there is cleeean.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 1:43pm
so spit and polish isn't in style anymore.....

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 2:06pm
Mr. Steamer:  There is Steam clean and op clean??Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: HooBoy
Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by diva diva wrote:

P.s. There was so much grease on the carpet we actually did bring in the 400 psi porti just to see if it would make a difference (and possibly save our pads) however it didn't budge the dirt or grease so we went back to SCRUBBING with the OP brush. 

DIVA

Diva,

Are you saying you used the tile and grout brush on the carpet? Did you pad afterwards, or am I reading this wrong?

Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 4:45pm
WOW: Am I confused.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 5:16pm

Doug, it is a confusing business. Just after we got it all straighted out, along comes a whole new approach to cleaning. Might be time to retire from this business.  Don't think a lot of our customers would settle for OP cleaning after years of TM cleaning

That's my opinion!

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 6:06pm
Think you would be surprised Cleanex

-------------

Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 8:40pm

I honestly think Diva's two pictures are of the same location, but from two different perspectives with two different light sources, and with a lot of soil removed.

The upper picture's light is likely diffused sunlight coming from a window on the other side of the restaurant. The color of the wood room divider on the right is warm, with the shadow to it's right being singular and somewhat soft. (Multiple indoor lighting would cast multiple shadows from different locations, with incandescent or fluorescent colors.) The soiled carpet is grayish and pale, so this kind of lighting doesn’t help it look very good at all.

The lower picture is, I believe, of the same location, but standing 90° to the left of the first picture. The three dark soiled areas correspond exactly to each other, but from different perspectives.

Also, this lower picture has been illuminated solely by the camera’s flash, which makes the colors look much more vibrant. (Compare the color of the room divider’s wood paneling to the upper picture. The light source is clearly from the flash, and has really washed out the sunlight’s yellow warmth seen in the upper picture.) The carpet is also much cleaner, and combined with the enhanced light from the flash, really makes the carpet’s hue look vivid and even somewhat unnatural.

Its understandable that the differences of light temperature, the angle from which the pictures were taken, and the removal of a lot of soil have all combined to make both pictures look almost unrelated. (And except for the three dark soiled areas looking so similar to each other, I would think they were of different carpets.) Compared to each other though, I’m pretty sure these pictures are of the same area.

(Diva, did those soiled areas come out completely?)

For what its worth.

Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 8:46pm
HooBoy: Diva will be soo glad to here that.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 11:59pm
Hooboy that was very good. You must dabble in photography to come up with all that jargon. You are probably right in your estimation and we will leave it at that.

-------------

Date Posted: 16/November/2004 at 12:46am
Actually HOOBOY all the stains did come out and it secured us future work there.
BTW Thanks for the break down (I guess it took a photographer to explain it properly)

If you come on the 19th we'll display all the pics. and show what we can do first hand!

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 16/November/2004 at 3:56pm
Hooboy lives in Greensboro, NC. The GTA will just have to manage without me on the 19th. LOL. (I am interested in the results of the shootout, however. Please don't forget to post a lot of pictures.)

Date Posted: 16/November/2004 at 4:03pm
So what were not worth the trip???? LOL

come on  LOL
Well we'll take lots and lots of pics
DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 16/November/2004 at 4:15pm
Diva:  You and SGK may have to take your show on the road.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/November/2004 at 4:31pm
look now, there s a big difference between SGK and US
Our product is real and it works!!!  LOL
LOL
So no road trips for us unless its in the SPRINTER wink wink JOHN

DIVA

PS IM JUST KIDDING Ken

-------------
THE DIVA

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 16/November/2004 at 5:12pm
I hope so Diva, cause my products are real and they work just as well.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 16/November/2004 at 6:00pm

NOV 19TH............

will tell

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 30/October/2007 at 1:18pm
100 pads ewww stankazz that must stink up the van eh?
who the hell wants to do laundry after working all damn day?

Originally posted by diva diva wrote:

Doug; I can call you Doug right??? LOL

We went through just over 100 pads

I will say this last night is what John refers to as "digging for gold"

It took around 8 hours, The pads are soaking as we speak I'll throw them in the washing machine in a minute and they will be good as new SO add an 5 minutes to throw them in and 5 minutes to take them out. We don't count soaking time.

Half way through the owner stop in and after seeing the results at that point and us explaining to him  that this is going to be a long thourough cleaning that would take extensive labour just to get it up to a managable point, we were able to double our price and secure an every two week contract with him.

Now that we have put in the tough work, the every two week jobs will be around 30 pads and 2 hours. we will then charge .32 per square ft but because of the results he didn't even cringe. We will be talking to him tomorrow about the tile and grout which makes up about 75% of the restaurant. He has already expressed his interest in this service on a by weekly basis aswell. CA~CHING CA~CHING Dougie thats all we are seeing! LOL

Oh and when we checked back this morning it still looked great and the shocked looks for the staff said volumes!!

PS. that was not a not so bright question at all if you don't pad then you don't know YOUR QUESTIONS ARE PERFECTLY LEGIT!

DIVA

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 30/October/2007 at 3:14pm
So where is Diva?

-------------

The STD Meter

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net