Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=695
Printed Date: 27/April/2024 at 11:20am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: $0.07
Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Subject: $0.07
Date Posted: 22/October/2004 at 9:50pm
I was told today that the going rate in Toronto for a truck mount operator is $0.07 the guy has been in the biz for 25 years.wtf?

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 22/October/2004 at 11:06pm
Splash:  Is that what the tech makes or what the truck makes??Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 12:14am
LOL! No wonder some of you Toronto guys have no money to buy some of my products. Makes sense now.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: OCC Boss
Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 5:47am
Are you serious? I know a guy outside GTA who charges $.35 hes busy.

-------------
H8 DIRT

Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 8:31am

This is what he (owner) charges his customers (property managers & hotels)

maximum $0.10

Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 8:37am
Splash: I used to have an old guy around here, he and his wife both on old age pensions etc. He use to work for little or nothing.  People would move things for him, feed him, the whole nine yards.  He was like a saint to these people.   When I ccame along I was a bandit for what I charged.  It took time to explain to them I was not sub sudsadized by the government and this is the price.  I won some and lost some.  There sometimes is not alot you can do.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 9:21am
crazy sh*t man!

-------------

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 5:23pm
Depending on the size, for basic steam cleaning the going rate is betwen $0.056 and  $0.10 a sq ft would be accurate. There are still some clients paying more but not that many.

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 5:30pm

small business pays more.... like a 10,000 sq ft office will pay .25 cent right up to .45 cents no problem...

Big business like Bell , Nortel, Pamolive-colgate,, American Express all pay no more than .01 per sq ft... just because they have millions and millions.

Hotels don't like to pay anymore than .10cents

so when I hear people sayin they are getting Hotels in the GTA with OP for more... I just laugh...ha ha

Thats the bad thing in this business the more the cheaper

Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 7:46pm
Lee: Are those prices with a portable? because at about 3 to 4 hundred sq ft per hr thats $20.00 per hr @ $0.05 per sq.ft. as long as the wand keeps moving.  Anything more than that and you would not be cleaning, just wet vacuuming.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 8:59pm
TRUCK MOUNT prices, not porty...he's right.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 9:59pm
Nonsense. We average over a thousand sq ft an hour with wands when we clean commercial here in Calgary, as many other companies do as well. If 300 to 400 sq ft per hour is all you do, you would not stay in business here, or Toronto I suspect. There are companies here that work for a nickel too, but have a production average that is more than double that.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 24/October/2004 at 10:43am

Originally posted by splash_$$$_dash splash_$$$_dash wrote:

TRUCK MOUNT prices, not porty...he's right.
I think these prices are for everything ...truckmount porty bonnet and most likely OP but those doing OP won't admit it..lol

Like I said the bigger the place is the cheaper they want it, they don't care what you use just get it clean...and get it clean cheaply... The CEO still needs his bonus this year and they don't want to blow it on Carpet cleaning

Date Posted: 24/October/2004 at 12:25pm
Nonsence:  SGK you are right.  But are you cleaning or just wet vacuumimg???? I forgot you are in LA LA LAnd working for buck a sq. ft.  But I also forgot you wnads have glides make that 2 thousand sq.st. per hr.  I am talking averages here and I was only asking what type of machine was being used.  This is a prime example how pad cleaners get into the market. HWE people cleaning faster than their machine??????????Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 24/October/2004 at 8:27pm
Doug: I was not giving you glide wand numbers when I posted that. Our Titanium wanding with the glides is currently averaging 1337 sq ft per hour this year up to September this year. That is over 30% faster than it was before glide wands were used.

-------------

Posted By: OCC Boss
Date Posted: 24/October/2004 at 8:36pm
SGK. 1337 sq ft an hour, Ill take one!!!

-------------
H8 DIRT

Date Posted: 24/October/2004 at 8:50pm

Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Doug: I was not giving you glide wand numbers when I posted that. Our Titanium wanding with the glides is currently averaging 1337 sq ft per hour this year up to September this year. That is over 30% faster than it was before glide wands were used.

1337 sq. ft. per hr. That sure impresses the hell out of me. SGK cleaning at your $0.50 a sq. ft. turns into $668.60 per hour. Only in the land of OZ.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net