Print Page | Close Window

Padman�s System vs. Bonnet #2 Video

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to very low moisture, encap and oscillating pad cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=674
Printed Date: 29/March/2024 at 12:19am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Padman�s System vs. Bonnet #2 Video
Posted By: carpetologist
Subject: Padman�s System vs. Bonnet #2 Video
Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 12:25pm

Padman's System vs. Bonnet #2

The following is a demo performed to observe the differences between OP (Oscillating Pad) and Bonnet Cleaning.

http://www.kleenkuip.com/products/padmansystem_vs_bonnet_2.htm">Click here
http://www.kleenkuip.com/products/padmansystem_vs_bonnet_2.htm - Click here for video and demo pics.

You be the judge.
We always welcome your comments.

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 1:23pm
Hell I am impressed!!!!!!!!!Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: rmarkham
Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 1:45pm

The question that I have is what type of op machine was used in this test ? I am a rotary man so I was impressed with the pictures. But in all fairness I know there are too many variables to say the rotary won. In any case thank you for taking the time to perform this test and post the results .

Posted By: diva
Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 1:54pm

The machine used in the video was an orbitec 1hp

Hopefully next week we'll have our Conqueror and we will put it against the orbitec an see  the difference.

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 1:59pm

Ron

We have actually used the rotary and Op in a hallway during one of our jobs just to see what the results would be. OP won hands down.

Cleaner and dryer carpet, less effort and time. No fighting a machine it really glides smoothly and effectively.

We even tried putting a pad on the rotary, Still no comparison. it didn't lift the carpet fibres therefore less cleaning was done. The pad on the rotary was grey the OP pad was Black! nuff said!!

Diva

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 4:45pm
Thanks Diva I am considering purchasing one of Johns machines .The reason I asked what brand of op machine was used is because I have heard that Johns machines outperform all other op machines . By the way I just put my real name in my profile so how did you know my real name when you posted earlier?

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 5:12pm
 It all depends on the rotarty machine... the general is a real light machine.. I wanna see the op againts a service master dead weight rotor machine

Posted By: PadMan
Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 5:15pm

I watched the video, had a couple of problems, first off there is WAY too much prespray on the carpet. Remember, using COTTON pads you use LESs chemical plus you do NOT want to have anything keep the cotton from absorbing.

Secondly the Orbitec does not offer the 40% more oscillation that the Conqueror does which of course not only decreases cleaning times but increases the quality of the cleaning.

For years our CCS Oscillator was the standard, but three years ago when we came out with the Conqueror series we found that at that point not only did we clean considerable better and deeper than a rotary but also quicker with a 15" Conqueror than with a 17" rotary.

I was challenged to a test against Steve Smith in Tenn. He had been a CHemDry cleaner for years and he challenged my 15" OP against his 17" rotary. Here are the pics and his comments.

RE: OP vs Rotary Test Pics
Posted by mailto:?Subject=BBS RE: OP vs Rotary Test Pics - Steven L. Smith on April 28, 2003 - 06:47 PM

The Conqueror kicks some serious butt!

OP is changing for the better very, very quickly... John, Jamie, and I came up with some new ideas concerning OP cleaning that is going to CHANGE EVERYTHING.

I won't comment on the coming changes yet, but some excellent changes are on the way soon.

Go get'em Bonny Joy!!!

Steve

-------------
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 5:26pm

Steve was using the Heavy 17" rotary that ChemDry sells.

We worked the EXACT same amount of time.

-------------

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 5:28pm

Padman... the pic on your board really illustrates the scrubbing action of your op machine... I have no doubt that it'll work better than a rotor machine...

but I'm pretty good with my rotor... I do things to it to make the soiling come out...

you have those brushes that really push the terry pad into the carpet, on the whole OP is a better set-up...

when are you coming to the GTA????

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 9:45pm
Posted: 29 September 2004 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Report Post http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/edit_post.asp?M=Q&PID=7256&TPN=1">Quote rmarkham

My name is Ron not John it seems that for some reason you think I am John(maybe John.G) I believe my phone number is in my profile if you would like to call and verify who I say I am ! "

RON:

That was posted some time ago. I read ALL posts not just the ones pretaining to OP or ME!! So That is how I knew your name!

Thought I was CIA huh??

SECRET AGENT DIVA LOL

-------------
THE DIVA

Posted By: Bjørn
Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 9:45pm
I am waiting for kens all new pad machine

how long will my wait be.

Johns so UGlY the dirt just runs and hides in the corners

you cant compete with that!

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 9:48pm

oh and I can't wait til we get our conqueror next week!!! 

KENTUCKY HERE WE COME!!

THINK I RAVE ABOUT OP NOW...  DOUG YOUR GONNA WANNA PUKE!  LOL

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 11:20pm

Gmoney... wow do you think it's wise to let your wife post her pic here... damn G shes hot........lol

No wonder you're doing so well... if Diva says it ....men will listen

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 11:22pm

Diva is a cutie and Gary is suave, that couple will go places.

I wish I could hire them to go out selling for me, I am more of a cleaner, tester, builder than a salesman.

-------------

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 11:30pm
good looking people always make the sales...  The better looking you are the more sales you make.....

Date Posted: 19/October/2004 at 11:52pm

See,  there in lies the problem...

I am just an ole toothless hillbilly..

And my Dog, Buck!

-------------

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 12:02am
Klode sak is what A Klode sak does!

Posted By: Mr.Mike
Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 1:10am
Originally posted by PadMan PadMan wrote:

See,  there in lies the problem...

I am just an ole toothless hillbilly..

I see you hillbillies use cotton pads for more than just cleaning carpets...they make quite a nifty looking hat too!...lol

-------------
I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 1:28am

LOL

Thanks for the compliments y'all. Seeing that some people out here assumed I didn't exsist I thought I'd post a pic PROOF OF EXISTANCE! LOL

SO JOHN, if we sell for you, do we get to drive the Sprinter???  PLEASE??

Oh and the hill billie hat... does kind of look like a pad!! LOL!!

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 1:48am
I always knew you existed, Diva. I figured that so engaging a personality as you called herself Diva for a reason. I see I was correct in my thinking.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 9:03am

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

It all depends on the rotary machine... the general is a real light machine.. I wanna see the op against a service master dead weight rotor machine

Steamer,

This system would leave a Service Master rotary behind in the dust. Think of the fun you could have and the mouths that would drop if you pad cleaned over a bonnet system.

Incidentally the General used in the video was 78 lbs. heavy metal shroud construction. Something tells me the OP unit was probably lighter in weight.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: gmoney
Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 9:54am

Thanks for the kind words Padman; although I know you are selling yourself short.  You forget that I have seen you in action. Your knowledge and passion is infectious.  That is why YOU do so well. 

Regarding the demonstration, I guess Ted wanted to give the rotary a fighting chance; and thus an abundance of prespray was used!

Mr. Steamer, thanks for your compliments.  And in response to your question, the pic was displayed without my prior knowledge.  As long as no psychopaths are on this board I guess it is harmless! 

Are you implying that good looks bring in more sales.  You are probably right to a certain extent.  I'll test that theory out.  Getting on the phone this morning to hire some models for sales and marketing promotions!  Your personality and knowledge will always be more of a determining factor.

Would love to go out on the road with you John.  I'm really envious of that Sprinter!  That must bring you a lot of sales.

By the way ya'll, John is a tall (6'4" at least) strapping man himself.

-------------
If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 10:39am
GMONEY:  Is this machine only for people over 6 feet tall like Ken's glides?  I would like to personally see it in action sometime.  I don't get to Toronto much. But hey. Maybe someday.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 12:50pm
Doug: I have many cleaners only 5-6" using my current glides. Only that early I sent you prefers 6 ft if you want the optimum dry times. Not true anymore. The next one I send you will not be vertical dependant.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by PadMan PadMan wrote:

I watched the video, had a couple of problems, first off there is WAY too much prespray on the carpet. Remember, using COTTON pads you use LESs chemical plus you do NOT want to have anything keep the cotton from absorbing.

Yes, PadMan has indicated we could have done it even better regarding the Pad system vs. the Bonnet system video. If you have not seen it yet you should. Goes to show you we can never stop learning.

How clean can you get it?...Sounds like an old Johnny Carson routine.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 3:56pm

After this http://www.kleenkuip.com/products/padmansystem_vs_bonnet_2.htm - impressive video demo that more than answered many of my questions I slept on it for a day or so.

OP cleaning will never be a big seller for both my sales company or the GTA carpet cleaners. This may sound very negative but if I could get all the cleaners in the GTA to answer HONESTLY...

Do they want to move dirt or remove dirt?

It's sad to say but the honest answer would be to move dirt.

Why?

Because bonnet is faster, cheaper and a less expensive investment with less wash-up at the end of the day. The low end fast buck cleaners feel they have no other choice.

SMOKE & MIRRORS

Now this brings me to believe that a new entrprenurial person with no preconcieved ideas could do very, very well by offering a dryer cleaning system that is opposite to what the masses are doing. What a wonderful opportunity.

I guess I need to get up off my butt and do more demos.

Show & $ell

-------------

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 4:47pm

Ted... I don't think residential Carpet Cleaners would change... I can tell you give me a wand in a house and watch me go to town...

but I think if you pushed it to commercial cleaners, it would be an easy sell..  I wonder if John ever approached a company like service master??

OP would be great for them

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 4:51pm
As a janitor using a buffer for years and looking for a viable system for residential I believe Op will be part of the pie .I have learned from the other boards (ICS,CCS,) that the more tools in the toolbox the better.I will open the res arm of our business in July of 2005 ,so tests like the one you did continue to convince me that I cannot be a one method cleaner.Thanks for all your help and know that there are some of us that do benefit from these demonstrations.But I will say that until I am able to add all the tools i want Op is the best method and probably will always be my primary method .

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 4:58pm

We cleaned primarily residential for the first 28 years in business, sure we did a few commecials but not many, now we do a LOT of commercials.

Op used to be SLOWER than bonneting, however with the advancement of the Conqueror and the faster cleaning PLUS the use of encapsulants WITH PADS, OP is not only more effective than bonnet, it is now FASTER.

WE have always won the which one cleans better tests, however until 2-3 years ago we did not win the which one cleans better AND faster tests, NOW we do.

I have not approached SM however had ChemDry gone to OP they would have never gone to Velda nor to HWE in any fashion.

-------------

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 9:25pm
should use a Cotton bonnet for the comparison IMO.

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

It all depends on the rotary machine... the general is a real light machine.. I wanna see the op against a service master dead weight rotor machine

Steamer,

This system would leave a Service Master rotary behind in the dust. Think of the fun you could have and the mouths that would drop if you pad cleaned over a bonnet system.

Incidentally the General used in the video was 78 lbs. heavy metal shroud construction. Something tells me the OP unit was probably lighter in weight.

I believe the SM Machine is at least 110 lbs... I've used the general many times and it's way lighter than my SM machine... The general will bounce off carpet... the SM won't...SM heavier more contact ..more soil being removed

The Op is lighter with brush action and a higher rate of RPM, thats why the pad has to be thin for the brush action...

I think if a bonnet where to be modified in combination with the rotor brush...and maybe even re-wind the winding of the motor to give it a little more rpm a bonnet machine could do the same job...

see what you all seem to forget OP has those brushes... The OP has an unfair advantage you can compare stir fry to steak now can we

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:11pm
You do not understand op SteamMan, we have pad drivers with or without brushes, that is NOT what makes the difference, it is the ocsillation the moving around the fibers on all sides at all times that makes it clean better, plus oscillation digs, rotary floats, no matter what you do pad or bonnet wise you will not and can not achieve OP results. I know, I started with rotary.

-------------

Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:47pm
Oscillation is what is required for the best cleaning action, period. Without that you are just mostly cleaning one side of the fiber like bonnet cleaners do. Every contest that has ever been done, the bonnet will always lose.

-------------

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:55pm

I was in the shop 5 minutes after the test was performed, just missed you gmoney.

Ted did you do the bucket test with the dirty pad and bonnet as I suggested??

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 2:00am
I guess it comes down to that canadians are cheap

Whats the difference between a canadian and a canoe?

A canoe tips!

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 1:11pm

Ignoring Bjorn.....

Padman so you say its the osiliation.... ok Ted should have done the test just pad against bonnet to brush underneath the op...

I also like to see OP pad vs Bonnet in a bucket of water... which will absorb more water...

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 3:52pm
It is like depends, Mr Steamer. The cotton pad with the lock away core is always the thirstier, quicker picker upper.

-------------

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 5:53pm

So ken you think that little skinny pad will hold more than a bonnet???

cmon Ted do the Demo...lol

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 6:10pm

Steamer, why don't you TEST for yourself? You don't have a propensity for believing others so TEST man.

First off padders go through quite a few MORE pads than a rotary guy does bonnets.

If you do not understand the concept of absorbtion and cottons drawing power, then you will never understand.

-------------

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 7:36pm
Interesting how many people want to shun pad and bonnet cleaning. And yet this post has had 341 views in 2 days.

-------------

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 7:51pm

Padman no need to get upset... I'm just asking questions... if OP is the topic then OP is the topic... I know you educate hundreds of people a day and you have probally made post explaining the system 1000's of times..

We can see the OP is good ...but why is it good???

what makes cotton more absorbant?? these are things I don't know???

Don't feel that I'm attacking I'm just fact finding

Posted By: gmoney
Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 7:51pm

Doug,

Someone five feet tall can use the OP machine without any problems.  Looking forward to going up against your truckmount next time you are in town.

Lee,

Hopefully next time we'll run into each other when I am down at Ted's.

Steamer,

No brushes were used on the OP; just a flat drive block and then the cotton pad.  No contest in terms of what a pad and bonnet absorbs because a bonnet barely absorbs anything; hence why you can use a bonnet for 10,000 square feet + and it will never get black.

-------------
If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 7:58pm
Well Ted: When you weld the posts to the top of the page they have to get exposure.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 8:02pm

Gmoney my bonnets get black.... I could never do 10,000 sq ft with just one bonnet......

maybe thats all a bonnet cleaner has to do...use more bonnets

Ted said Op'n if just like TP'n just keep wiping till it gets clean

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 8:42pm

Ted said Op'n is just like TP'n just keep wiping till it gets clean

HAHAHAAHAH!!!...that just made my day!

-------------

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 8:46pm

Steamer, to tell you to test for yourself is not a negative, I test for me, I tell others to test for themselves. I am not a very trusting person, have been lied to, screwed over and sold things that don't work, so now I TEST, TEST, TEST, and usually tell or "ask" others to do the same.

Ever buy chems and have them turn out to be lousey? I have, and so now when I buy I TEST, and ignore what others say.

Today I tested chems for myself, today I tested MY chems. The results are not perfect but I MADE the test extemely difficult.

I took Heavy koolaid, in other words mixed a pouch of kooliad in 16 oz. Put staisn of one table spoon on the nylon carpet, also Orangeade, Welches grape juice, ink, permanent marker, cherry wood stain and oak wood stain that included varnish. I let them dry a couple day then today I decided to get them out with Red Vanish and Cyclone.

I removed the stains the best I could, Koolaid , orangeade, ink and grapejuice were easy, the cherry stain was not too bad, the oak stain with varnish was a bit tougher but the permanent marker did not totally come out, but again this is a tablespoon in each stain except the ink and permanent marker.

Here are the results so far:

YOu can see that with steam for exceleration I lightened the carpet on the stains and permanent marker. It would have been better had I not used heat and had more patience.

I have more carpet stained and will test the removal without heat and get back to you all.

But this type of testing we do daily with differing products and stains and conditions. Then "I" know what each chem will do.

-------------

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 9:05pm

MR.STEAMER

WE USED THE COTTON PAD ON THE ROTARY BESIDE THE COTTON PAD ON THE OP IN THE hallway EXPERIMENT. THE ROTARY DIDN'T PICK UP NEARLY THE AMOUNT OF DIRT THAT THE OP DID.

mr.steamer:quote

I think if a bonnet where to be modified in combination with the rotor brush...and maybe even re-wind the winding of the motor to give it a little more rpm a bonnet machine could do the same job...

WHAT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT ITS NOT ABOUT THE RPMS OR EVEN THE BRUSH,

IT HAS TO DO WITH OSCILLATION. A ROTARY WILL NOT LIFT THE CARPET FIBRES, IT WILL ONLY GO ROUND AND ROUND. IF YOU ADJUST THE RPMS IT WILL ONLY MAKE IT GO "ROUND AND ROUND" THAT MUCH FASTER.

YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE AN OP MACHINE IN ACTION TO UNDERSTAND.

SECONDLY, COTTON TERRY IS EXTREMELY ABSORBANT

HENSE THE REASON THAT WHEN YOU COME OUT OF THE SHOWER YOU REACH FOR A COTTON TOWEL NOT A POLYESTER, RAYON OR NYLON ONE.

SO THE COMBINATION OF

OSCILLATION + WELL ABSORBING COTTON TERRY

= A CLEANING EXPERIENCE THAT ROTARY CAN NOT STEP UP TO.

SORRY 

I REALL DO HOPE YOU ATTEND THE OP DEMONSTRATION AT TEDS SHOP ON NOVEMBER 19TH MAYBE AFTER SEEING, YOU WILL NOT ONLY BELIEVE BUT CLEARLY UNDERSTAND!

PAD DIVA NORTH!! LOL

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 9:14pm

Great demo PadMan!

Keep up the good work!

-------------

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 9:18pm
Wow, this is looking good for the 19th. I will be there demoing my new glides that day as well as the Turboteck ZRX7 air duct cleaner. Now we get to play with a pad machine too. Can't wait.

-------------

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 9:26pm

Originally posted by Bjørn Bjørn wrote:

I guess it comes down to that canadians are cheap

!DONT YOU KANADIANS STILL KLUB LITTLE SEALS BY THE MILLIONS

good natured fun loving Kanadians

FOR ALL OF OUR AMERICAN VEIWERS WHO HAVE NOT EXPERIENCE ALL THAT CANADA HAS TO OFFER AND HAVE NO IDEA WHO AND WHAT WE ARE   (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

A LITTLE TID BIT OF INFO FOR YOU...

WE CANADIANS ARE NOT ALL CHEAP AND AS YOU HAVE RECENTLY FOUND OUT (IN PREVIOUS POSTS)  YOUR NEIGHBORS TO THE NORTH ARE NOT ALL QUIET, INTROVERTED, OVERLY POLITE, NON-CONFRONTATIONAL, DIRTY CARPET HAVING, SEAL BASHING ESKIMOS!!

SOME OF US SPEAK OUR, VERY WELL EDUCATED, MINDS,

SPEND OUR MONEY ON THINGS WE NEED, WANT AND DESIRE      

AND 

BUILD BUSINESS'S THAT GROW MUCH LARGER THAN THE IGLOOS YOUR IGNORANCE ALLOWS YOU TO BELIEVE WE HIBERNATE IN!

TO MY AMERICAN FRIENDS WHO DO NOT BELIEVE THAT WE CANADIANS ARE ALL INUITS LIVING IN YEAR LONG DARK AND SNOW, AND THAT WE DO NOT SURVIVE ON WHALE BLUBBER AND SAUTEED MOOSE. MY WORDS ARE NOT FOR YOU!

OH CANADIAN DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 9:46pm

PADMAN;

That was great to see.

the funny thing is that when we returned from meeting you in Michigan we decided to not only test out your products but set up future tests aswell.

Not that we didn't believe you but you can never just go on someoone's word. We have all puchased bottles of magic H2o and "Hide" only to be pissed that we spent big $$$ on garbage products!

We were EXTREMELY impressed, by the fact that your products did just as you told us they would!!

We have a peice of carpet that we dirtied up that night and have left it to make sure the stains are really set in. on this peice of carpet, I mixed a package of strawberry koolaid in 2 ounces of water, two heeping spoonfuls of coffee in 2 ounces of water, and used permanant marker to make thick X marks. Tomorrow we plan on putting your chems to the test again. Can't wait to see the results.  I will let you know and hopefully be able to post the pics.

This way you will all see someone else testing PAMDANS products.

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 9:49pm
Diva: How do you get the computer to use all that red that you do?

-------------

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 10:08pm

IS THIS A TRICK QUESTION???

OR ARE YOU BEING A SMART A$$???

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 21/October/2004 at 10:12pm
No trick question. I am not up on the color thing is all. Only self taught on the computer. Still have alot to learn.I am a smart ass too, but that has nothing to do with my question.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/October/2004 at 1:25pm
When I read anything to do with Diva... I see red

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 2:41am
not sure how she does it

Date Posted: 23/October/2004 at 10:34am
< id=Font ="atText('fontname', Font.s[Font.edIndex].value); .frmAddMessage.Font.s[0].ed = true;" name=Font> < value=0 ed>-- Font Type -- < value="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Arial < value="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Times < value="Courier New, Courier, mono">Courier New < value="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Verdana < id=FontSize ="atText('fontsize', FontSize.s[FontSize.edIndex].value); .frmAddMessage.FontSize.s[0].ed = true;" name=FontSize> < value=0 ed>-- Font Size -- < value=1>1 < value=2>2 < value=3>3 < value=4>4 < value=5>5 < value=6>6 < value=7>7   javascript openWin'upload_files.asp?MSG=RTE&FID=3','files','toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,width=400,height=150'">File Upload
        javascript openWin'RTE_image_window.asp','insertImg','toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,width=400,height=200'">   javascript openWin'RTE_about.asp','about','toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,width=400,height=200'">
See the A button guys? That is for TEXT COLOR   lol

-------------

Date Posted: 15/November/2004 at 10:47pm
So did you all find the BUTTON???

-------------

Date Posted: 16/November/2004 at 12:50am
I PMed him and broke it down as slowly and easily as I could !
If he ain't got it by now he ain't ever gonna get it!!
HMMMMMMMMMM... Now that sound familiar doesn't it!!!

DIVA

-------------
THE DIVA

Date Posted: 16/November/2004 at 1:22am
Oh, I got it the first time, Diva.

-------------

Posted By: R.O.-PRO
Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 9:57am
yeah it may look good now, but after you leave a job theres gonna be so much soap and residue still left in their carpet that after about a month it'll be darker than it was before u cleaned it. chemical cleaning blows

-------------
cuz i own u

Posted By: bryan
Date Posted: 14/March/2007 at 7:54pm
I do believe it does leave residue in the carpet, but not to the fact that it will be darker in a month.  Encapsulates do crystallize and break off the sides of the fibers.  If you look at many business that use this method there carpet isn't black.  I how ever still think HWE if done right is better, if you can reach.

Posted By: Laserman
Date Posted: 18/March/2007 at 9:42pm
Guys,

I use bonnetts  ( Thick- Chem Dry Like) and a 17 " buffer ,  but I also use OP pads first before I use the bonnett pad.  I use the Green Striped pads like the one in the video only on Berber as a pre- scrub Pad before I use the bonnett pad.  The Best of both worlds.  If you use bonnetts try an OP Pad first and watch spots and stains get destroyed.  You have to stay off the seams though.

Barry

Date Posted: 19/March/2007 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by R.O.-PRO R.O.-PRO wrote:

yeah it may look good now, but after you leave a job theres gonna be so much soap and residue still left in their carpet that after about a month it'll be darker than it was before u cleaned it. chemical cleaning blows

Do an evaporation test out of a cap with whatever products you use and wait for the residue results.

There is good residue and bad residue.

The bad will be oily to the touch. The good will be dry and flakey that encapsulates and comes out with a vacuuming.

-------------

Posted By: SERVICEMASTER
Date Posted: 07/June/2007 at 1:15pm
Hi Padman,

have been using bonet for years with great results - however Iam convinced that OP has an edge, primarily because it attachs the fibers from multiple directions. it makes sense. A couple of questions:

1) Does OP use up more pads than bonnet (less sqft pr.pad)
2) Do OP pads wear out quicker since they are thinner ?
3) Does OP cleaning leave carpet feeling crunchy as it can with bonnet/shampoo
3) which machine do you recommend
4) Which pads and chemicals

Thanks for your insights !

Date Posted: 08/June/2007 at 12:51pm
   1) Does OP use up more pads than bonnet (less sqft pr.pad)

Used to by quite a bit, however with the advent of the new Gladiator pads, that is no longer the case.

2) Do OP pads wear out quicker since they are thinner ?

We suspect about 150 uses with the new pads, which makes them pretty darn durable.

3) Does OP cleaning leave carpet feeling crunchy as it can with bonnet/shampoo

Not at all, it leaves it SOFT.

3) which machine do you recommend

For residential and commercial we recommend the 17" Commercial Breeze, it is a highspeed orbital and cleans quicker than ANY competitor model plus it is large enough to do most commercial jobs.

4) Which pads and chemicals

For medium to Nasty filthy carpets, Clean-N-Vac Blaze, for carpet that need deodorizing Clean-N-Vac PadCap Pro, both of them we use with the gladiator pads.

-------------

Posted By: SERVICEMASTER
Date Posted: 08/June/2007 at 1:17pm
Thanks Padman - one last question:

One downside with bonnet is the weight of the machine - mine clocks in at 110LBS dry (hard to carry upstairs) - how about the 17"breeze ?  another issue with pad cleaning is stairs - how do you handle steps and landings ?  Thanks again

Date Posted: 08/June/2007 at 6:24pm
The Breeze is 80 pounds plus we use the StepSon for stairs check it out here:
- http://store.ccsop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_45&products_id=118
and teh 17" Commercial breeze here:
- http://store.ccsop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=70

-------------

Date Posted: 12/June/2007 at 6:18pm
Padman,

Tell us about the Gladiator Pads.

What are they made of?
Do they absorb as much soil and water as others?
Are they more or less economical to use?
Are they more or less aggressive?

-------------

Date Posted: 13/June/2007 at 2:12pm
Thanks Ted, the Gladiator pads are the result of a LOT of testing of various weaves and combinations of fibers.

The Glad pads are a tri-blend of synthetics plus cotton, they are thicker than the normal OP pads however because of how supple they are they still clean DEEP into the fibers unlike bonnets.

They absorb a LOT more soil somewhere between 2-3 times what a cotton pad will absorb, they cost 11 dollars each but uses go well over 100 per pad so they are more economical that regular cotton pads, it would take somewhere between 2-3 hundred uses on a cotton pad to beat the price as to what you clean and uses you get out of the gladiator pads.

They are LESS agressive, they are safe for the soft carpets as well as commercial carpets, they make the OP machine move MUCH easier, smoother, faster etc.

They cause MUCH less wear on the bearings of the machines because of the way they float on the carpet.

You use LESS water with them and your carpet are dry in minutes not an hour.

-------------

Posted By: Mr. Slide
Date Posted: 09/October/2007 at 10:46pm

A few questions? To any O P guys!Pad Cleaning
1. Using the Gladiator pads can you use the same pre-spray as HWE use?

2. Where, does the water supply come from? How is it applyed?

3. I guess most have to go to the laundry mat to wash the pads, so
how many can you get in the average wash machine?

4. What detergent do you use to wash the pads?

I can see that this method would come in handy for banks , many other situations!

Thanks in advance for replies!            SmokeyAL

-------------
http://qcsliders.com - http://qcsliders.com
!!!Check this out!!!
Put a Slide Not a Glide on your Wand, and do a better job!

Posted By: SRI Cleaning
Date Posted: 12/October/2007 at 9:14am
Hey Pad Man. I clean mostly apartments with a a truck mount or portable if i cant get hoses into the place. I hate dragging out the porty! As I'm sure you know, apartments can be filthy! Would Op cleaning be a good alternative to using the portable in a situtation like this? if so, do you think I could sell the apartment owners on shorter dry times? Sometimes people move in that day. What are typical dry times with your system and does it take much longer than hwe? Thanks alot, Anthony

Posted By: FreshAire
Date Posted: 19/May/2008 at 12:49pm
have a rotary and an orbiter type as well and all I can say is...

Long Live the Orbital!

It rocks dude, especially with cotton pads.Headbang

and that's from a guy who was 100% truckmount steam-cleaning 4 years ago and couldn't be sold on low-moisture systems until encap products started showing up in my marketplace!

Posted By: FreshAire
Date Posted: 19/May/2008 at 12:53pm
By the way Anthony, if I have apartments to do, bugger the porty!! I can take all I need up to the unit in one trip (owing to the fact that I've added a solution tank and pump to my machine, also speeds jobs up considerably with that setup), no hoses, wands, multiple trips up and down stairs and the machine is way easier to get up or down a flight of stairs compared to a big, bulky portable...

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 17/June/2008 at 1:48pm
I must admit that The PADMAN's comments regarding testing really makes alot of sense from a common-sense stand point. And, on top of all this and other great intentions, I saw some of his cleaning results on some pretty darn and out dirty carpets and his word is true. And so was his machine.

No...........I do not sell his machines

No...........I'm not his brother-in-law

No...........I'm not joined at the hip in anyway.

But........................................................

YES my comments are true.

Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 21/June/2008 at 1:18pm
........and Ed did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  Sleeping

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 05/August/2008 at 10:15pm
He did? With who?  Alcoholic

Date Posted: 02/September/2011 at 10:33pm
Cheerleader

Posted By: allerganx
Date Posted: 28/September/2011 at 11:13pm
Check out some of my before and after op carpet cleaning pictures on my website.
http://www.allerganx.com/

Posted By: DarthGhost
Date Posted: 29/September/2011 at 12:20am
Originally posted by allerganx allerganx wrote:

Check out some of my before and after op carpet cleaning pictures on my website.
http://www.allerganx.com/

Cool man check out the way I did mine.. http://greenscc.com.au/services.html - http://greenscc.com.au/services.html

Posted By: baires
Date Posted: 29/September/2011 at 1:32am
Just an opinion here. If you are marketing your company as a VLM encapsulation cleaning process and you describe the five steps to do that why you show a picture to advertise your bussines of a carpet cleaner rinsing the carpet using a wand. Should be there somebody runing an op machine.? Just to be consistent. Other than that is a nice web site. Good luck

Date Posted: 29/September/2011 at 1:35am
Yeah I thought that to, I plan to buy a machine shortly so didn't worry about changing it yet..but now I think I will..Thanks.

Posted By: Chris1
Date Posted: 06/November/2011 at 1:44am
Great Pics and very nice websites...do you guys do your own sites or pay to have them done?

-------------
Chris
www.mypremierclean.com
John 3:16
http://www.mypremierclean.com/ - fayetteville carpet cleaning

Date Posted: 07/November/2011 at 1:15am
I had a friend why does web design and graphic art do mine. It was really good and easy to do. I gave him a rough outline and supplied all the wording with some sample pics he did the rest. It is his business so I can pass on some details if you like. 

Date Posted: 26/October/2012 at 4:49am
Hello, Where can i buy some of them cotton pads? Stern Smile

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net