Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6184
Printed Date: 27/April/2024 at 9:20am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Did My Contract With Tide
Posted By: STEALTH
Subject: Did My Contract With Tide
Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 6:46am
Well, I did it, took nightriders advice and tried the Tide at a real customer. I wasn't sure at first, I thought it would not do as good as a job on restaurant grease as it did on my fathers garage carpet. I cleaned using a walk behind 10 gallon porty with a cylinder brush in the front. It was a small 2000 sq ft  greek restaurant and was unable to get near to restaurant due to street repairs with my truckmount. Took a little longer but I tell you Tide works. I used Tide He, put a capfull to every 10 gallon fill-up. The recovery tank was vertually suds free ( No defoamer used ) and the owner was impressed when he saw the black water being poured down the sewer. His carpet was an emerald green after cleaning and pretty close to black when I started. I have to do other tests on residential carpets, but for now,  on commercial jobs, I'm sold on the Tide. You can count me out from buying all this carpet cleaning crap chemicals that suck you in with fancy claims just to jack up their profit margins using nice labels and distributorships to pond off garbage .

-------------
If you can see far enough you would be looking at the back of your own head

Replies:
Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 9:49am
Pictures????

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 10:43am
For years and years window  cleaners have used Sunlight dish soap.... so there you go.

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 10:44am
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Pictures????
Cmaster you can see a box of Tide at the grocery store.  You can even chose between powder and liquid??? maybe nightrider can send you a pic of each???Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 11:41am
LOL LOL !! Here it is cmanster

Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 4:35pm
Sorry , I didn't take any pictures, didn't even think of that. How do you post pictures here anyway . Next time I will take some pictures ( Have a Chinese place to do during the the week. Better than pictures, why not just try it for yourself, and see the results first hand. You will be able to see, feel, and smell the results ( can't do that with me posting a picture ) All I'm saying is that Tide works, maybe other detergents work well too, I don't know, but, for now Tide is my new commercial carpet cleaning chemical. Good-bye all the so called professional carpet cleaning chemicals.

-------------

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 6:15pm
Glad to see you tried " Tide " out and gave it a chance to work its wonders as a cleaning agent. Yes, other detergents work equally as well ( look to see if it contains enzymes ) I prefer  "Tide " because of its fragrance left behind after the job is done, the customers like it too. I did another 8 Chinese restaurants last week all with " Tide " and all with great results. My customers know I use " Tide " and I am not afraid to show off the container. Some laugh and don't believe it's "Tide " When I wash my hands with it and offer them some to take home to ask their wife.....they believe.....they believe more when they see the results of the carpet, some that don't use " Tide " at home are now switching over from what they are using now. I love the demo of washing my hands with it, and then I say " Do you think I would be washing my hands with a caustic carpet chemical " One guy took a capfull, put it into his sink, filled it with hot water and put all his kitchen rags to soak over night including his chefs apron. Not one has ever disputed the price because I use " Tide " . I even tell them to buy some in case of a coffee spill or whatever, and I tell them to suck it up with a shop vac for a quick fix.

Nightrider

Posted By: CCandmore
Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 7:57pm

Wow, guess I’m going to have to try the Tide on a restaurant.  Nightrider, I’m guessing you are just rinsing with one capful per 10 gallons of rinse water?  Or, do you prespray?

Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 10:58pm
I was the one cleaning with 1 capfull per 10 gallons of water, not nightrider . I was using a 10 gallon porty with a brush in front. I used that dilution to actually clean the carpet. The machine is only a 100 psi unit with a brush, that's it. Went over the area only once pulling back slowly, machine is 30 inches ( maybe smaller ) , trigger left open on the pump while I cleaned. Oh, I forgot I also put a capful of fabric softener with the Tide. Nightrider mentioned he did that in one of his posts, so I tried it. Went by the restaurant to get paid today and the carpet looked good, not sticky, and the owner happy. Gave me a free supper , then asked if I can clean his office for free next time I clean the place. lol

-------------

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 04/October/2009 at 11:53pm

swallow your pride....try Tide

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 12:13am
You mean , Clean with Pride...use Tide

-------------

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 12:38am
So you used it as a rinse agent? What did you use for a prespray? Ermm

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 12:51am
easy off oven cleaner -- just kidding!
I will look for eco friendly laundry and fabric rinse at try it on my home carpet.

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 12:59am
I found it, seventh generation makes liquid laundry soap - all their stuff is green - that is baby gentle and they have a fabric softener.  I think I will apply the laundry soap with a showerfeed on the rotary and follow with the extractor containing fabric softener.  Since this is white berber, I can easily tell if it is doing the job as well as you all report and I can watch for resoiling rates.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 6:39am
JohnL, what are you talking about pre spray for, there was no pre spray, just Tide in a 10 gallon extractor with softener and I cleaned the carpet, end of story. It's not complicated.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 11:40am
My mother (back in the day when we had wooven cotton carpet) would get down with a bucket of laundry detergent in water and a scrub brush to clean our carpet.  Now the extractor is replacing my mother and her brush, but little has changed really in the past 60 years.  Well, no phosphates due to algae bloom and it was powered laundry detergent in those days, but nope --- nothing has changed.

It should work. 

I would possibly try it on wool with woolite -- maybe!

-------------

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 11:56am
Originally posted by STEALTH STEALTH wrote:

JohnL, what are you talking about pre spray for, there was no pre spray, just Tide in a 10 gallon extractor with softener and I cleaned the carpet, end of story. It's not complicated.

Prevac then you should always prespay to loosen
up (emulsify) the dryed in soils before extraction rinse..
And maybe some aggitation on the heavy soiled areas..

You can do it your way its a free Country but it wont
be AS CLEAN...Shocked

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 2:36pm
Oh alright JohnL, I understand now. This was an extremely dirty, grease filled restaurant carpet, every greek sause imaginable was ground into the fibres.When I arrived the busboys were sweeping up rice, chicken pieces, tooth picks, broken glass, name it and they were sweeping it. Then they moved all the tables and chairs to one side and I started to clean. Actually, you can say that I prespray because I tilt the machine up and make a wet pass then pull back with pump on and extract. My grandmother used to hang her carpet over the railing and beat the crap out of it, then hose it down and leave it there for 3 days to dry. That's only like 15 years ago.

-------------

Posted By: Flagship_1
Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 3:38pm
You guys for real, tide actually works. i've been spending a fortune on this carpet cleaning chemicals , defoamers, pre-spray, traffic lane, boost this boost that they have a chemical for everything, i bet you its all the same stuff and they just change the colour . i have to try tide, maybe my eyes won't be sore and my lungs not be itchy, cause thats what happens when i use these carpet chems

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 7:08pm
Stealth, I think you have a video on Youtube..!  Carpet Cleaner
Your skipping parts of the cleaning pie.. Geek
You have pics? Lets see the results.. Unhappy
Not saying tide wont work.. Looks like it did for some of you..Clown
Show us some pics.. Stern Smile

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 7:59pm
Going to have to change the name of this forum to the Hack Board.
I have fired subs who use Tide for years.
Really easy to tell, the traffic lanes turn a unique colour of brown after a month.
If you are cleaning a hack carpet that is one thing, but a customer's expensive broadloom will be ruined.
Why do you think there is an old wive's tale about not cleaning a carpet until you have to???
Give your head a shake guys.
Residues, pH, changing the colourfastness to light and oxides of nitrogen are all major components of making a good carpet cleaning chemical.
Or go follow the Pied Piper of Hackness.

Posted By: Mr. Slide
Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 10:28pm
Thanks for sharing your results Stealth !Clap
I'll be doing a little test area myself with Tide, in a couple of weeks, in a chinese joint.
Also will be trying some other laundry products, trying to accomplish some other results.

Let you know how it go's!Big smile

Cheers, AL

-------------
http://qcsliders.com - http://qcsliders.com
!!!Check this out!!!
Put a Slide Not a Glide on your Wand, and do a better job!

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 10:31pm
I cleaned my wall to wall in the basement over the week-end, beige with rose prints. With underpadding and cleaned only once before in 3 years. Around pool table was a mess, looks beautiful now, same for in front of sofas, and fireplace. If you want to believe all the Non Science behind carpet products, go ahead, it's your money. I choose Tide, because it does a great job and it saves me money

-------------

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 10:37pm
That's great Mr. Slide, I'm sure your results will be the same as mine.

Lilniteridrhood, if I would clean an expensive broadloom with tide and the colour is Brown, what shade of brown will it turn after 1 month LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 6:45am
JohnL, do you believe everything you see in a pic, I never used Tide before I read on here from nightrider that tide works, I tried it and for sure it works, why would I lie about that. If you want to see results, invest 5$ in a bottle of Tide and try it yourself, and you post some pics for us

-------------

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 8:03am
GENERAL LEE.....DON'T USE WORDS AND TERMS THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT OR UNDERSTAND.....YOU WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT INGREDIANTS MAKE UP A GOOD CUP OF COFFEE, NEVERMIND CARPET CHEMICALS

Nightrider

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 9:23am
Guess by the sound of things here that Ted will be dumping his supply of "Hide" and replaceing it with "Tide". Stranger things have happened right?

Posted By: Flagship_1
Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 3:25pm
I tried tide yesterday, 20 litre pail of hot water, half a capfull of tide, used 5 litres as a prespray the rest went into the porty. Cleaned a section of my basement behind the bar and entrance hallway comming from garage. I am both surprised and impressed, thought you guys were fooling at first, this stuff is great . Going to finish up the chems I have from my supplier and go with the tide. It's tough out there to make money with carpet cleaning, with the high prices of chemicals and gas, tide is the way to go for me

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 3:56pm
Nope.

Ted might be fooling with the Hide

But Jack is not fooling with the Tide

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 9:17pm
Like I said before I can spot a carpet cleaned with Tide anyday.
i also admitted before in a post---THE ONLY COUCH I EVER RUINED WAS WITH TIDE.
Ted tried to cure it and couldn't.
So follow the freak of the board and join the HACK SOCIETY.
Just don't call yourself a Pro.

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 9:31pm
NIGHTTIDER: Your starting a new cult????Hits the fan

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 10:13pm
LilNiteRidrHood ( General Lee )

Do you know what they call the guy that came in 10th in his class at medical school......................... They call him  D O C T O R

You know what they call a carpet cleaner  that cleans with tide..........A Professional Carpet Cleaner

If you have your nose stuck up so high and think you are the almighty Carpet $hit Sucker.....next time you visit your Doctor.....better ask to see his degree, and your Dentist, and your repair man, and your contractor ( maybe he uses rubber nails )

Tide works excellent, don't believe all this carpet chemistry, it's not real folks.

Nightrider

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 10:20pm
please...your sofa didn't get ruined by tide...it got wrecked because someone didn't know what they where doing....

you would never know if a carpet was cleaned with tide.. NO WAY

Hacks use tide...but using tide doesn't make you a hack.... if you understood how chemicals worked you would know that...

carpet cleaning chemicals is just like Redbull....

redbull is just some sh*t mixed in water..and it sells for big money....

LOL

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 10:21pm
Another thing General Lee, if you ruined a couch with " Tide " then it has to be you as a terrible cleaner.....because I've cleaned all my cars with tide ( I'm talking Cadillacs, Lincolns, Chryslers.....all with velour.

Ted tried to fix it, you're a joke Lee...............all the magic Ted does are tricks Lee, they're Tricks.....No such thing as Magic..........except for Tide.....I wonder where the dirt goes

Nightrider

Posted By: CCandmore
Date Posted: 07/October/2009 at 4:13pm
Sounds tempting and I'm very curious about the Tide so I will have to try some at home.  I don't think I will be too quick to use it for my paying customers because my main competitor uses a lot of Tide (at least, he sure does buy out the dollar store Tide frequently) and his results are not top-notch.  Of course, I realize it might be the man, not the chemicals but I'm not anxious to take the chance.

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 07/October/2009 at 4:32pm
That is what you are doing "Taking a Chance" when you use TIDE or any other similar type product. 

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 07/October/2009 at 9:07pm
I dont know what Teds chems cost but why pay $11.00gal for tideAngry
when you can get the real good stuff at about the same price..Shocked
http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=12065&osCsid=0ea9faf3dea2a3bb6dbb4c4c60bcb311 - http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=12065&osCsid=0ea9faf3dea2a3bb6dbb4c4c60bcb311  Approve

And thats not the only product for CCing around those prices.. LOL

So who said your paying High prices for CCing chems? IdeaThats Bull..!

Date Posted: 07/October/2009 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

I dont know what Teds chems cost but why pay $11.00gal for tideAngry
when you can get the real good stuff at about the same price..Shocked
http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=12065&osCsid=0ea9faf3dea2a3bb6dbb4c4c60bcb311 - http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=12065&osCsid=0ea9faf3dea2a3bb6dbb4c4c60bcb311  Approve

And thats not the only product for CCing around those prices.. LOL

So who said your paying High prices for CCing chems? IdeaThats Bull..!

It's not about the price... Honestly we have no cue what goes into real carpet cleaning chemicals.....  DFC for example has nothing but food ingredients...did you know that stuff actually goes bad if it's left in a hot truck...

Releasit cost 65 bucks a gallon....I buy it...it works

my point is cheap cc'ing chemicals DON'T WORK....some expensive chemicals don't work either...

you just got to keep trying until you find something you like....

if you clean the amount of carpet I do...you know what works

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 07/October/2009 at 11:06pm

Nightrider did mention "why pay high prices".. So it was about price..Shocked

I know what works been doing it for 25yrs.. Tidy tide alone in a solution tank
without prevac.. without prespaying.. without aggitation will not clean up a nasty residential very well and you know it.. Well if you have cleaned as many as i have..LOL
You will scrub your arse off trying and look like this at the end of the day.. > Confused

Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 12:00am
Tide as a pre-spray works...and I have cleaned as many as you have John....

I wouldn't put it in my tank to clean with...but I know it can be used as a pre-spray it's totally safe...maybe the safest thing you'll ever use...

It will clean nasty commercial carpet with ease...as good as any Chemspec...as good as any prochem...as good as anything...

truthfully most customers pre-clean their stains before you even get there...sometime just plain water does an awesome job....

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 12:03am
everything needs agitation if you want to do a real good job....no matter what

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 12:17am
I clean homes that are very clean ! No agitation needed !LOL

Roight Then! ALSmokey

-------------
!!!Check this out!!!

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 5:29pm
On a serious note say what you want and do what you want and use the soap that you want. BUT, it all comes down to residue left behind. Some are good and most are bad for carpets and the internal workings of your equipment.

Try washing your hair tomorrow with Tide and you will then know how the carpet feels and reacts.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 6:38pm
That's real funny Ted.....cause my friends restaurant is actually names Tasso's Greek Cuisine

The only difference is that his carpets love Tide Wink

Nightrider

Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 7:53pm
Well Mr. Steamer Jack sure did a good job of agitating the regional expert with this post???Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 9:34pm
Hey Mr. Steamer I believe ya man..Approve That is nightrider
 and his portable TM.LOL Nice pic Ted. Big smile

Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 10:16pm
one thing Ted is really good at is photoshop

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

On a serious note say what you want and do what you want and use the soap that you want. BUT, it all comes down to residue left behind. Some are good and most are bad for carpets and the internal workings of your equipment.

Try washing your hair tomorrow with Tide and you will then know how the carpet feels and reacts.

Tide Might not be so good for Hair, But on my clothes, which is much more simular to Carpet, they are soft & clean, and smell good too !Big smile 
 And I know there's No  residue left behind, are people would break out on there skin!Shocked

Roight Then! AL 

-------------
!!!Check this out!!!

Date Posted: 09/October/2009 at 1:11am
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

one thing Ted is really good at is photoshop

You should be giving that compliment to Mr Mike, Earl. It is he that is really good with Photo Shop.

Date Posted: 09/October/2009 at 5:07am
Ted is good at.....let's see.....he's good at, No that's not it.....he's good at magi.....no not even good at that, I think it's making lov, no I heard different..........ahhh  never mind..........I think Ted's a great guy  ( when he's not posting bad things about me )

Nightrider

Date Posted: 09/October/2009 at 7:36pm
All of you guys who think you are saving buy using Tide you should switch to a no-name detergent and save even 25% more as Tide is one of the more expensive laundry detergents.

Jack, why have you not picked up on this???

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 09/October/2009 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

That's real funny Ted.....cause my friends restaurant is actually names Tasso's Greek Cuisine

The only difference is that his carpets love Tide Wink

Nightrider

It worries me that you and your customers may slip and fall on the combination of both the cooking oils in your chinese food and the Tide residue left on your carpets.

Hope you insurance is paid up. Idea

-------------

Date Posted: 09/October/2009 at 7:41pm
Ted, I think it is because Tide was rated a best buy by Consumers reports not too long ago. It was found to be head and shoulders above everything else. Jack probably knows this. If you are going to go with a laundry detergent, you may as well go with the best one, eh?

Date Posted: 09/October/2009 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

It was found to be head and shoulders above everything else.  

Isn't head and shoulders for dandruff?

-------------

Date Posted: 09/October/2009 at 9:25pm
Seriously though if any of us could be serious for a moment, what is a cost effective alternative to a pile lifter?  Any great vacuums out there in your most humblest of opinions?

-------------

Date Posted: 09/October/2009 at 9:30pm
Niterider Carpet Cleaning and Laundromat - Open All Night - Bring the Kids 

-------------

Date Posted: 10/October/2009 at 6:23am
Ted, I like the smell of Tide.....I knew a guy that used to take a bath in powered Tide years ago ( I'm not joking, that's what he told me...he was a greek guy )

Ted, I have to clean a residential carpet soon ( My Own... in basment bedroom ) What I am going to do is clean half with liquid Tide HE formula, and the other half using a quality carpet cleaning solution , and I'll let you know the results.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 13/October/2009 at 11:02pm
The reason that Tide is not left in your clothing after washing is because your washing machine has four or five rinse cycles and the last usually has a rinse softener added.

Compare that to carpet cleaners who use much less water and most don't rinse even once. Textile carpet rinse is one of my slowest sellers.

Tide without rinsing will leave a crusty and yellowish look.

-------------

Date Posted: 14/October/2009 at 5:21am
I just went out with a woman that had that same look ( Crusty & Yellowish ) she was a Chinese girl.....I snuck out the back door.....next time I'm bringing my liquid Tide for a fast clean up

Nightrider

Date Posted: 14/October/2009 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

The reason that Tide is not left in your clothing after washing is because your washing machine has four or five rinse cycles and the last usually has a rinse softener added.

Compare that to carpet cleaners who use much less water and most don't rinse even once. Textile carpet rinse is one of my slowest sellers.

Tide without rinsing will leave a crusty and yellowish look.

it all depends on how you are applying your soap.  If you are pre-spraying you are totally fine.  If your going to use it in the water dumped into your fresh water tank any chemical carpet cleaning or not... will leave the carpet stiff and yellow

formula 90 will do the same thing...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 16/October/2009 at 8:23pm
I have noticed that nightrider has been posting very early in the a.m.

Go to bed Jack...you are beginning to get that Solium Tripolyphosphate red-rash appearance associated with Tide.

I also hear that Tide is good for washing machine sales as it destroys the insides fast.

Question: What's worse than the H1N1 virus?

Answer: Tide Rash

-------------

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 16/October/2009 at 8:56pm
Now that's classic! LOL

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Date Posted: 16/October/2009 at 10:06pm
It also causes the cotton in jeans to break down faster.  But, no carpets are made of recycled jeans, good thing!

-------------

Date Posted: 17/October/2009 at 7:56am
WOW Ted..........Nice art work, I don't know who did it, but it's a keeper..........It is now a screensaver on my computer, as soon as I figure out how to do that

Nightrider

Date Posted: 17/October/2009 at 8:26am
WOW!!!! finially see a good pic of NIGHTTIDERBiker

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 17/October/2009 at 1:02pm
That was good????Shocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: FooLingYu
Date Posted: 04/November/2009 at 5:03pm
I saw that guy in the Gay Parade last year.

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 04/November/2009 at 7:13pm
What were you doing at the gay pride parade Nightrider? Banana Dance

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Date Posted: 04/November/2009 at 7:54pm

I was showing everybody how white their whites can be if they switched to Tide..........met about 10 gay woman who happen to like to party with men at times.....so just imagine 10 woman with lonesome me getting it on

Nightrider

Posted By: RIP IT
Date Posted: 05/November/2009 at 3:46am
On a one man mission to push Pfizers share price through the roof.

-------------
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 05/November/2009 at 12:29pm

I was showing everybody how white their whites can be if they switched to Tide..........met about 10 gay woman who happen to like to party with men at times.....so just imagine 10 woman with lonesome me getting it on

Nightrider

I tried imagining it and guess how many Hail Marys I get to say.  The priest wanted to know how many teeth they had between the lot of them and were they all wearing a cup size of XXXL? 

He has appointments scheduled for you too NR

Those who munch carpet making a meal out of you at a gay parade weenie roast?  You didn't brag about the size of your wand again, you know what the courts said the last time about that.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: chad23
Date Posted: 06/January/2010 at 2:15am

It is hard to tell if you guys are truely serious about using Tide or not?  It would be awesome for me if it does actually work... I can buy it here at $29 per 5 gallon bucket and if I buy 5 or more buckets I pay $25 a piece.  Do you guys use any fabric softeners? Thanks...Nightrider, you told me about this a few weeks ago and I thought for sure you were "pranking" the new guy. 

Posted By: HeartlandSteam
Date Posted: 06/January/2010 at 12:51pm
This all seems very interesting. I have a couple questions if you don't mind answering them:
1. How much sq ft did you clean?
2. How long did it take you?
3. How much did you charge?
4. How did you pre spray?
5. We're you by yourself?
6. How long did it take to dry?
7. Do you know the pH level of tide?
8. Did you rinse? Or apply a post treatment to neutralize?

Do you really believe that this did a better job than using a truckmount that has high heat and powerful suction? And chems that have been proven to work? Chinese restaurant carpet is always nasty. If all it takes is a little tide and agitation to make them look sparkling new again why do they need a professional carpet cleaner?

If in fact you are being serious.

-------------
http://www.heartlandsteamcleaning.com

Date Posted: 06/January/2010 at 6:53pm
To answer your question.....Nobody needs a professional carpet cleaner.....because they don't exist. Just like professional window cleaners, Brick cleaners, alum. cleaners.....etc etc etc.....cleaning requires very little talent and knowledge, actually that is why most people cleaning have little or no education. One may aquire experience through trial and error or take some useless courses but that about it.

The machine I was using cleaned 3000 sq ft hour. had a 35 gallon fresh water and 30 gallon recovery.....looked like this one but way older mine is about 15 years or more, weighs 1,268 lbs and stays on location. If I have to move it there is no problem as long as the contract is on the main floor.

javascript:openProductImageWindow%28/~/media/Products/Carpet%20Extractors/Advance/Commercial/AquamaticSelectricCarpetExtractorsgiv.ashx,%20escape%28Aquamatic%20Selectric™%20Carpet%20Extractors%29%29;">Aquamatic Selectric™ Carpet Extractors : Click to enlarge  If pic disappears go to http://www.advance-us.com/products/commercial/carpetextractors/aquamaticselectric.aspx - http://www.advance-us.com/products/commercial/carpetextractors/aquamaticselectric.aspx

Job took me 5 hours to do 10,000 sq ft of open space, including set up, breaks, picking at food, talking on the phone, bathroom breaks and whatever. I also had to do the edges and cornerswith a smaller portable .

Job was done alone, no helpers, busboys moved all tables and chairs.

Used maybe 4 cups of Tide He 2x concentrated

Price was $ 1,250.....

Did not pre-spray

Dry for the next morning at 11:00 am..............I was there for a free Brunch

Don't know or care about ph levels for greasy restaurants,  they want the carpet clean.....end of story.....they don't care how you do you.....it's all about price.

Did not rince, no post treatment..........In commercial these things don't come into play.....carpet are cleaned every 3 to 4 months. It doesn't matter to them and it doesn't matter to me.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 06/January/2010 at 7:28pm

To answer your question.....Nobody needs a professional carpet cleaner.....because they don't exist. Just like professional window cleaners, Brick cleaners, alum. cleaners.....etc etc etc.....cleaning requires very little talent and knowledge, actually that is why most people cleaning have little or no education. One may aquire experience through trial and error or take some useless courses but that about it.

Your right. To push a self-propelled extractor takes no talent. But it seems you have a cynical view about carpet cleaners. Maybe your just selling yourself short, or maybe I think too highly of CCing (i love my job).  Normally the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

But I'd say a person that can go into Mrs. Smiths house, sell her extras, remove the pet odor, remove the furniture stains, move furniture, and do a good job all in a timely manner is a "professional."

But anyway that wasn't my point. Do you think that the quality was equivalent to using a TM with real CC chems?

-------------

Date Posted: 06/January/2010 at 10:55pm
I've had 5 truckmounts, my first was a Cleanco bought in 1985 from Ralph Gerhards in Ottawa ( Ralph owned Cleanco at that time ) It was the best truckmount my intellegence knew about at that time.....I now realize I was dumb, because it was and still is a piece of CRAP.

The last truckmount I bought was from Ted Harding ( Kleenkuip ) it was a used 1992 SteamAction.....The best Truckmount for the money even today . It is a Beast.

I do not do residential , but I have in the past. Customers too picky and want the moon in exchange for $ 99.00. I do not waste my time unless it's an in and out job.

I have used the best and the worst of Professional Grade Chemicals. I have a  Degree in chemistry and Tide runs neck to neck with most of all the so called Professional chemicals. I posted in the past the difference between Tide and Enzall ( Chemspec  ) THERE ISN'T ANY.

You love your job, and that's good . In my view you should love your family and enjoy your job ( but that's just me ) A job or contract is an  exchange of service or time for a monentary value agreed on by 2 parties. I do mostly maintenence contracts and don't really care for my customers, they are an asset for my business, that's it. Just GM.....Ford.....MicroSoft.....Walmart and so on DON'T GIVE A DAMM ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMER OR EMPLOYEE BASE .

My bank manager just likes to see me make a deposit , General Motors just likes to receive my payments for my vehicles, my customers just want the job done ( doesn't matter how, just do it they say ) I have a customer who is a Green Activist and I use Butyl.....they care a little but I was the lowest bidder and they don't want to pay more. They are happy with the results, and I never missed a checque in over a year.

No difference in quality between a truckmount and a porty with or without an aggitator. A simple porty just takes longer and more passes, the carpet may remain wetter for a longer period of time depending on outside and inside temperature .

Nightrider

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 07/January/2010 at 9:02am
And now you know the truth about this industry, it was a well kept secret up until now.
It is not rocket science as some would like us to believe!!!!

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 07/January/2010 at 2:05pm

You love your job, and that's good . In my view you should love your family and enjoy your job ( but that's just me ) A job or contract is an  exchange of service or time for a monentary value agreed on by 2 parties. I do mostly maintenence contracts and don't really care for my customers, they are an asset for my business, that's it. Just GM.....Ford.....MicroSoft.....Walmart and so on DON'T GIVE A DAMM ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMER OR EMPLOYEE BASE .

My bank manager just likes to see me make a deposit , General Motors just likes to receive my payments for my vehicles, my customers just want the job done ( doesn't matter how, just do it they say ) I have a customer who is a Green Activist and I use Butyl.....they care a little but I was the lowest bidder and they don't want to pay more. They are happy with the results, and I never missed a checque in over a year.                               

Thanks for info!

I find it humorous that your view on everything is determined by it's exact definition. And I mean that in a friendly way :)

I'd have to disagree with you about customers not caring as long as the job gets done. Any guy can come in and clean carpet. We've all got TM's, and we've all got the same chems, but what makes a CC stand out is the experience the customer had. We're going in to private parts of their homes: bedrooms, closets etc. They need to feel comfortable with that person, they need to trust that person. I've found that people are willing to pay more more for a good technician with good communication skills, good social skills and a positive attitude.
Those attributes don't really apply as much in commercial cleaning though.
Without offending you, I hope, you seem like the type of person that is better suited for commercial cleaning. You don't really seem to care about the client. You only care about their money. And that is totally fine, but let's at least distinguish the two.

-------------

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 07/January/2010 at 2:22pm
I'll be honest,,,I tried Tide years ago on a commercial account,,,,,,,,,,,,,only reason I tried it was cuz I knew it going to be replaced in a couple months (cut pile nylon).

used it as a prespray,,,,,,,,,results were less than spectacular,,,,,,,,,carpets did indeed seem a little different color when dry and far from soft...........resoiled quicker than usual also.

no thanx on the Tide for me

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 07/January/2010 at 4:45pm
Confucius say: "It takes talent and professionalism to be a good carpet cleaner."

Nightrider say: "Confucius full of sh*t."

P.S.
All joking aside it is NOT complicated to clean as long as you hook up with a knowledgeable supplier who can hold your hand for the first few months. But the education and professionalism part comes in the form of presentation and marketing. If you should take a course in actual cleaning and it gives you more confidence then that's a good thing.

As an example I personally would always pick a guy in white coveralls before street clothes.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/January/2010 at 6:44pm
There you go.....the man of intellegence speaks out Ted Harding the Carpetologist just said it best.........It's all about presentation and marketing. That is the final word.l

If you read my caption I am a Marketing Master , my whole business revolves around Marketing, I have had restaurants, night clubs ( still have it ) real estate ( still have it ) many other ventures..... and they all were directed by marketing .

Nightrider

Posted By: prouddadx3
Date Posted: 08/January/2010 at 3:39pm
I would have to disagree about the education part. I think that the more you know about the different types of fiber and methodology for cleaning them the better you will be able to clean them and the better you will be able to explain to clients what will and wont come out and what method is best for their particular carpet. I like residential clients because they care about how their carpets look after your done.

I don't think taking a few classes is a bad idea. They only take a couple of weeks and you learn a ton. A lot of what you learn can then be used as part of your marketing and client presentation. I do think marketing knowledge is just as valuable as carpet cleaning knowledge. You have to have clients in order to clean. When you meet your perspective client, the more knowledge and confidence you have the more likely they will choose you.

-------------

http://maps.google.com/coupons/page?oi=lbc&did=0_14019921871367697693&cid=RF0IMWO26GG3CFHL&hl=en-US&gl=US - Boulder carpet cleaning Coupons

Date Posted: 08/January/2010 at 5:04pm
Kleen Kuip would like a contract with Nightrider for all the defoamer he needs to buy to control the Tide SUDS.

It is not likely he uses defoamer. And if that is the case we would like a contract to sell him his vac motors as all of the SUDS must be sparking and burning them out very, very prematurely.

But, knowing Nightrider he most likely uses and old grandmother remedy and sprays WD-40 into his soil tank to control the SUDS.

Caution Nightrider...don't be smoking or have the exhaust pointing in the direction of a pilot light.

Enough said...as we would miss your posts and by looking at Montreal TV they already have enough fires and funerals this week.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/January/2010 at 6:45pm
Thanks for your concern Ted, but if you really cared you would have told me that the 1992 Dodge SteamAction Beast, with a 6.8 Roots Blower, 3000psi Pump all Stainless Steel interior with a 7.2 gas engine would be as safe as driving a leaky Nuclear Reactor around . lol

I don't have to use Defoamer..........I use Low Suds " Tide He " for front load washing machines. No suds at all

Nightrider

Posted By: westcovina
Date Posted: 22/February/2011 at 7:36pm
I know a 40 year plus carpet sales veteran that swears by tide and a cap full of bleach. . 

-------------
http://www.example.com - http://www.carpet-cleaning-pasadena-ca.com/

Date Posted: 24/February/2011 at 4:22am
I bought some, still have not had a chance to try it.
But if Nightrider says it, it's most likely true!

AL

-------------
!!!Check this out!!!

Posted By: WackyWand
Date Posted: 16/November/2023 at 5:56pm
Trying out Tide on a real customer, especially with restaurant grease in the mix, and getting those impressive results = major props. The recovery tank being suds-free and the transformation of the carpet speaks volumes.

It's refreshing to hear a no-nonsense approach, steering clear of chemicals with fancy claims and opting for something as simple and effective as Tide. Sometimes, the classics are classics for a reason, right?

Have I personally tried Tide to clean carpets?

No.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net