Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6151
Printed Date: 14/May/2024 at 12:07pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: TIDE or Enz-all.....Which is better
Posted By: nightrider
Subject: TIDE or Enz-all.....Which is better
Date Posted: 21/September/2009 at 11:56pm
General Lee ( LilNiteRidrhood ) allow me to show  such a knowledgable & seasoned professional as you are that absurd runs through your vains.....Not Mine 

IN ANOTHER POST MR. GENERAL LEE CALL MY POST ABSURD FOR SAYING THAT TIDE IS GOOD TO CLEAN COMMERCIAL GREASY RESTAURANT CARPETS 

Now.....I'm going to talk and type fast, and you might not understand everything so listen and read carefully.

Here is the ingrediants of Chemspec's product Enz-All, for the professional carpet cleaner and a premium price.

Sodium Tripolyphosphate  ( Phosphoric Acid )
Now the above is used in Dishwashing Soaps, Laundry Soaps (TIDE) and Industrial Cleaners

Sodium Carbonate ( Soda Ash or Washing Soda )
Now the above is used in Dishwashing Soaps , Laundry Soaps( TIDE) Industrial Cleaners

Alkylphenol Ethoxylat ( Just a scary name for a wetting agent, or Emulsifiers these are known as surfactants )
Now the above is used just about everywhere and in 90% of all cleaning agents such as Dishwashing Soaps, Laundry Soaps ( TIDE ) and Industrial Cleaners

Protease  ( This is a substance that is even in the human body as well as animals, what it does is breaks down protein, we need protese as part of our digestive functions, it is basically an enzyme needed to convert protein into Amino acids )
Now this is used anywhere we want to break down protein grease in the cleaning industry.....and once again it is used in Dishwashing Soaps, Laundry Soaps( TIDE ) and Industrial Cleaners.

Sodium Xylene Sulfonate ( Basically a Sodium salt ) This is added in small quanties to actually clean the chemical batch to allow the cleaning agent to bubble, very toxic . Again used in Dishwashing soaps ( Not all ) Laundry Soaps (TIDE), and Industrial Cleaners.

So, there you have it everyone.....your high priced Enz-all is the same as Tide and most Liquid Laundry Soaps at a fraction of the price.

You can take the word Sugar and replace it with Sucrose, or Lactose, or even Fructose..........what it boils down to is that it's all just SUGAR.

Chemistry is a licience to confuse, cheat, decieve, manipulate , complicate , make something bad seem good and something good seem bad. The best example is the Swine Flu Vaccine.
Without Prejudice

THE ABOVE MENTIONED INFORMATION IS POSTED WITHOUT PREJUSTICE , AND NOT INTENDED TO HARM OR DISCREDIT ENZ-ALL AS A PRODUCT OR CHEMSPEC AS A MANUFACTURE OF SAID PRODUCT

THE IDEAS AND STATEMENTS ARE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND OPINIONS ARE PERSONNEL AND EXPRESSED WITHOUT MALICE.

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 22/September/2009 at 7:57am
Is General Lee not on chemspec's payroll???

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 23/September/2009 at 1:04pm

Strange how eager Lee Senter is to jump all over my other posts regarding Tide as a fantastic carpet cleaning agent for greasy restaurant carpets, and insists to put his comments in on other carpet cleaning related posts. But somehow he's too much of a Coward to even defend his convictions on this one.

Is it too hard to accept that a domestic product designed for the household be BOLD enough to be used in a commercial or industrial way. Tide is a GREAT cleaning vehicle, funny that people put their bath mats and clean them with laundry soap, how about car mats, how about your cars carpetting......how about those greasy gas smelling rags hanging around your garage.....................DOESN'T " TIDE " GET THEM NICE AND CLEAN .

Nightrider       

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 23/September/2009 at 3:42pm
Tide is formulated to be the best laundry detergent that you can get. It was designed to get fabrics clean. There is no reason that it wouldn't do a good job getting a "face fiber" like nylon clean as well. When I used to clean apartment suites, I used it often to get carpet clean that the "carpet detergents) would not touch. It works.

You are on the right track there Jack.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 23/September/2009 at 4:08pm
nightrider how about the commercial dishwashing detergent
you mentioned? Big smile Whats the word on that? Sleepy

Date Posted: 23/September/2009 at 4:42pm
Instead of draining my wallet for high priced degreasers I use Dishwasing soap blended for the automated restaurant dishwasher. I purchase it for $ 25.00 /20 litre pail. The dilution ratio is up to whatever your task is at hand. I use it either pure or 50/50 to clean behind Chinese woks and fryers. I also use it to de=scum shower stalls and greasy kitchen floors ( 4oz per gallon is more than enough ) Careful, this stuff is very alkaline and will etch alum. galvinized. and will remove paint off of most surfaces . It will also burn your skin if left to dwell, but you will feel a tingle or itchy long before it does any damage.

Where I had special thick grease on carpeting just as you exit the kitchen , I have used dishwashing setergent, with amazing results, but I usually use this stuff to clean backspashes and fryers & woks. Does not harm stainless steel.

Respect this product because it can bite you in the ass if not carefull, do not breath vapours, do not get in eyes and wear protective clothing.....rubber gloves, faceshield and perhaps a mask. This product saves me 3 hours time to degrease a dirty kitchen and no need of a helper.

Nightrider 

Date Posted: 23/September/2009 at 8:53pm
Okie dokie! I'll stay away from that stuff.. Thanks!Ahhhh!!

Date Posted: 23/September/2009 at 9:34pm
I made it sound worst than what it is, I would not mislead people into thinking this stuff is Kool-Aid. The mask and face shield I always use, weather I'm cutting treated wood, spraying any chemical ( even so called " Green " garbage ) or cutting ceramic tile .

JohnL.....you should stay away from lots of stuff like Beer, Cigarettes, Cat & Dog fur and even the very product that makes you your living CARPET.

I spray all chemicals from a distance, I have old fire extinguishers that I modified to be equipped with a 4 foot wand, with changable spray nozzels

Nightrider

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 26/September/2009 at 11:59am
You are out of your friggin mind Jack.
The enzymes are what make Enzall what it is (without the extra heavy residues).

Most dishsoaps are petroleum based products that never dry. That is why they resoil so quick.

I'll tell you what Jack the Hack you continue to use your products and let the Pros use chemistry that is formulated to work and not leave residues.

But to recommend this crap to people is just outright weird.

Date Posted: 26/September/2009 at 1:58pm
I am NOT talking about dishsoaps, and if I am..... I am talking about Commercial Dishwashing Detergent, which leaves NO RESIDUE.

The heading of the post was Tide or Enzall, which is best.....I am talking about TIDE, a laundry detergent, stick to the facts and get your head out of your ass, so that you can see clearly.

The pros use chemistry, what chemistry.......the powered carpet soap you buy is 90% filler.....what exactly are you buying. I can mention many carpet products that leave a residue..........NOT VERY GOOD SCIENCE.

I would like to finish this statement with..........DO YOU BELIEVE IN A RINCE AFTER YOU CLEAN A CARPET.....OR ARE YOU JUST ONE OF THOSE SPASH  &  DASH CARPET HACKS OUT THERE PRETENDING TO BE A PROFESSIONAL .

TIDE, is an alternative to high priced carpet chemicals out there and works great on greasy restaurant commercial carpet, leaves no residue, and the carpet remains  clean looking for 3 to 4 months after cleaning in a restaurant serving 1,000 meals /day . I speak of experience, I used to clean my Chinese Restaurant with Tide and loved the results.

I still clean customers commercial carpets with " Tide " and I tell them so before hand, they see the container, they love the smell, they trust it not to be some unknown chemical being injected into their establishment, and they love the results.

I don't lie to people, the truth is the truth, they pay for labour.....not my chemicals.....they want to do it themselves.....I'll rent them 1,2,3,4,5 or whatever of my portables and let the busboys do it..........I still make money.

Nightrider

Posted By: STEALTH
Date Posted: 30/September/2009 at 7:35pm
This is not the first time I have heard of cleaners using tide He for restaurants, I never tried it because I thought it was foolish, but I'll give it a try this week end, I have a small greasy restaurant to clean, I'll give you all news how it went.

-------------
If you can see far enough you would be looking at the back of your own head

Posted By: Mr. Slide
Date Posted: 30/September/2009 at 10:09pm
Thanks Stealth, sound interesting!
So, why not use it for residential Nightrider?

Thanks, AL

Quote:
Chinese Restaurant with Tide and loved the results.  / ?? Power or liquid Nightrider ?? Thanks

I have a Chinese Restaurant to clean in about 3 weeks .

-------------
http://qcsliders.com - http://qcsliders.com
!!!Check this out!!!
Put a Slide Not a Glide on your Wand, and do a better job!

Date Posted: 30/September/2009 at 11:45pm
I do not clean residential carpet too much, but I have used Tide for sure , rinced well and have even used softener with Fabreeze in final rince, tried it at a friends house first LOL they seemed to like the results, they have 2 dogs and clean their carpets 2 to 3 times/year

Nightrider

Date Posted: 01/October/2009 at 6:00pm
I tried tide He cold water formula on my fathers carpet in his garage ( yes, my father parks his car on a carpet, doesn't want to stain the ceramic tile or something ) anyway, it worked real well, the small drips of oil disappeared, so did all the other stains, looks good to me. Can't wait to try it at the restaurant this week end

-------------

Posted By: Mr. Slide
Date Posted: 01/October/2009 at 7:46pm
Cool ! Clap

-------------
http://qcsliders.com - http://qcsliders.com
!!!Check this out!!!
Put a Slide Not a Glide on your Wand, and do a better job!

Date Posted: 01/October/2009 at 10:55pm
Finally, a carpet cleaner who is not afraid to admit that " Tide " works.....Stealth is your truckmount the SteamAction Stealth

Nightrider

Date Posted: 02/October/2009 at 5:16am
Yes Nightrider it is, do you know of this machine. I think it is the best built machine on the market. I have the Stealth Sam, comes with a 4.3 Vortec, a Jet Dry 9900 Blower and a 4000 psi Pump

-------------

Date Posted: 02/October/2009 at 2:14pm
That's a great machine, I have an older SteamAction 1992 model with a Roots 6800 Blower , it's a Beast.........I see that you tried the  " Tide " with great results. Try it out at your customers on the week end, let me know how it goes

Nightrider

Date Posted: 02/October/2009 at 4:52pm
Time to buy stock in Tide.lol!LOL

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 02/October/2009 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Time to buy stock in Tide.All!LOL

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Posted By: Flagship_1
Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 3:29pm
Never tried tide, but enzall and powerburst is pretty good. i clean some pretty nasty restaurants and  i can go through alot of enzall /powerburst . I find that my eyes and throat get irritated after i finish a job. Sometimes my lungs feel like all itchy inside, i try to caugh it up, but nothing happens. This happens when I use both products. How do i find out what's in this stuff. does anyone else here have that problem with these chems.

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 6:04pm
Enz-all used to make me sneeze when I diluted it, when I cleaned with it I constantly had to drink milk or eat ice cream to sooth the sensation in my throat. ( Lucky I cleaned restaurants, had a freezer full of ice cream to choose from ) also at the end of the job it was like I had a lump of mucus in my throat that I always had to caugh up. ( but that could have been all the milk and ice cream too )

I used PowerBurst as well, and my eyes used to get very dry, my throat did get irritated, and my skin on my fingers used to crack from using it . , mostly my thumb near the nail on the right side of the right hand and the 4 fingers at the creases, they even used to bleed when it got real bad ( If I wore rubber or playtex gloves my hands sweat so much it felt like my skin was falling off.

Tide makes me sneeze too, but not as bad . The new Tide designed for front load machines is alot better somehow, and I only use half the capfull in an 8 gallon extractor

Nightrider

Date Posted: 05/October/2009 at 7:12pm
So you dont prespay anything nightrider..NO

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 7:59am
When I use my tuckmount, I pre-spray.......my portable walk behind ...never. I have enough juice comming out from the jets to clean the deepest fibres. I have 1000 psi continous pressure from 5 # 2 jets, 6" cylinder brush for aggitation and a vac that leaves the carpet almost dry. Less than an hour and that carpet is bone dry...........Oh Yeah..................I USE TIDE

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 9:10pm
the guy that mixes my chems...has always said that most carpet cleaning chemicals are rubbish...no better than everyday laundry detergent...we over pay for junk..

tide is ok for a pre-spray...I've been saying that for years...

I bet Doug is glad he retired

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 9:33pm
Man I am glad I am out to pasture this is way beyond the scope of my expertise??Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 10:42pm
Angry The CCing chemical suppliers are getting all pi$$ed off about this.. Angry

Date Posted: 06/October/2009 at 10:49pm
They should bottle Tide and sell it off as a revolutionary new wonder cleaner

Nightrider

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 4:08pm
Well, to keep sales going I guess I will have to bring back our famous Hide product since nightrider is attempting to convert the world to Tide.

Hide is a similar Tide formula that is designed not to clean but to Hide the dirt. Surprisingly enough, many carpet cleaners interest is just that. Hopefully they are your competitors. Every industry has the bottom feeders who come and go.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 08/October/2009 at 6:42pm
Bottom Feeders..........OUCH.....That 's a low blow.....even bottom feeders have to feed their family Cry

Nightrider

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 09/October/2009 at 7:34pm
Here is the real answer...

Many customers who buy from us tell us that they use products like Tide on their wholesale work while working for other companies. But, on their own customers NEVER NEVER NEVER. They can tell the difference.

P.S.
I guess I can't blame someone who cleans for 10cents per sq/ft. to be shopping for less expensive chems.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 10/October/2009 at 4:30pm

Just did a job that needed some extra punch, so we used 20 Mule Team Borax, man did it kick "ass"

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 10/October/2009 at 5:31pm
I used that in my restaurant to kill the roaches.....great stuff.....wear a mask while you spread that stuff around

Nightrider

Date Posted: 10/October/2009 at 5:51pm
don't you supply masks for all your restaurant patrons???Carpet Cleaner

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 10/October/2009 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

don't you supply masks for all your restaurant patrons???Carpet Cleaner

The answer to that would be no, Doug. Jack sold off the resturant a while ago.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net