Print Page | Close Window

how much hose can you run off a

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=563
Printed Date: 26/April/2024 at 4:44am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: how much hose can you run off a
Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Subject: how much hose can you run off a
Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 5:34pm
How many feet of hose can you run off a Ninja 500 with the 2x2 stage VM?

Replies:
Posted By: OCC Boss
Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 5:43pm
Not sure? Im a newbie!!

-------------
H8 DIRT

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 8:37pm

25 ft would be the best considering you need strong vacuum to handle the water flow that pump can produce. Replace the motors with 3 stage and you are good for 50 ft.

Superglide Ken

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 9:54pm
so what results would you get with a 15' hose? (better) ps. i dont care if anybody laughs at this question.

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 12:37am
Better. You may dry the carpets an hour quicker than the 25 ft will give you at the higher pressures. At the 200 psi level or lower not much difference cause they both dry pretty quick.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: surroundings
Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 8:04am
I only run 25 ft with my FX-88 HP.  It's got 2 x 2-stage vac motors as well.  I'm unsatisfied with the suction when I add another length.  Heck,  sometimes I'm unsatisfied with the suction when the vacs are on the same breaker as the pump.

-Allen

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 11:03am
Buy a vac booster and have 250+ inches of WL.

-------------

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 11:54am
And have another cord about the place

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 11:59am
Allen:  Would running a 2"  make any difference?  Got to be more air less restriction.  Just a hose that is too hard to manage.  But what if you only had 10 to 15 ft. 2" than 1 1/5 for the rest?  Food for thought.  Good luck with it.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 5:50pm
I'll try it out.  SOUNDS like it should work...

Thanks,

Allen

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 11:40pm

Suction will be worse. 2" hose has a flow capacity of 500 cfm and should not be used in airflow lower than 100 cfm like TMs have. Portable like you got is good for no more than 40 cfm on the carpet. 1.5" hose works best.

Superglide Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 4:47am
We're talking about about going from 15 foot of 2 in down to 1 and a half inch... certainly that should make a difference?

I'm not an engineer, physics lecturer, or vacuum mechanic though. 

-Allen

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 7:37am
Allen: Just use a glide and you will have no more problems.  The are the correctal.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 12:42pm
At least dont use the 2" hose. The cfm is so low on most portables that the air moves too slowly to keep the water in the airflow. Puddling in the hoses is the result.

-------------

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 7:38pm

splash_$$$_dash

We have many owners of Ninja 500's using up to 75ft of hoses. Although the manufacturer suggests 50ft.

But with the HyperBox (pictured below) you can go 300ft. or more if you wish.

Hyper Box

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: greg
Date Posted: 17/September/2004 at 4:33pm
we use this with our ninja ted, it works great.

-------------
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 22/September/2004 at 1:38pm
It would sell for more if the design was better... It looks kinda home made

Posted By: royaltouch
Date Posted: 24/September/2004 at 5:26pm

15 feet of 2" hose.....try working with that in a small room...that hose at that lenght will not want to move the way you'd want it to...it would probably curl up the walls.

I have dual-3 stage on my portable... I gave up on the heat option...too many darn power cords. 50' of 1.5" works fine on dual-3 stage. I don't want to carry/push/pull that puppy up stairs. 50' gets up upstairs, no problems with dropped vac strenght...well not so far anyways.

That's my two cents...

Hugh

Date Posted: 25/September/2004 at 7:32am

it is home-made it is 2 vacs is a tool box but if it works that is all that should matter.

do you want a wife who works well or a wife who is useless but looks good?

Date Posted: 25/September/2004 at 4:50pm

Regarding the HyperBox. Tell me how do you please a carpet cleaner.

If you manufacture it in a nice stainless steel box it puts the price over the top and no one wants it. If you put it into a fishing tackle box it looks cheap and no one wants it.

I will say one thing that if you reached to take this unit away from existing users they would break your arm.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 26/September/2004 at 1:17am
You are right about what you are saying Ted. What some of these guys are saying is they are looking for a portable that runs 4 vac motors and puts out 450 psi on 2 cords, all self contained. I have designed such a machine .That machine is coming to the US marketplace very soon, but I don't know if it will be able to be sold into Canada without CSA certification. If not, pity.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/September/2004 at 4:16pm

Well come up with some ORIGINAL casing... I think it would sell the whole Idea better.  If it looks like something any dummy could put together, they probally will..

Date Posted: 27/September/2004 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Well come up with some ORIGINAL casing... I think it would sell the whole Idea better.  If it looks like something any dummy could put together, they probally will..

Point well taken Steamer. We will pass it on to the manufacturer.

-------------

Date Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:59pm

Actually your words Ted.... In respect to using everyday cleaning supplies to clean carpet... You siad if the customer can see how easy it is they'll do it them selves

Posted By: beamer
Date Posted: 28/September/2004 at 11:37pm
How much is that thing ? I wanna impress some friends .

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 30/September/2004 at 10:38am

In regards to: POWER BOOSTER

Everyone has made some great points here.

Using a POWER BOOSTER System will literally blow away the Operator in regards to much greater performance, period. And, no one would know this better than we do since Cross-American designed and Invented (with patent in 1980), and continues to up-grade it all the time.

We had to mold this performance into a package that would be most acceptable to the Cleaner AND to his customers whom determine a particular image they have of him and his company. So, as Steemer pointed out, yes, "looks" are very, very important.

As Ted pointed out, "Cost" is important too. It should be reasonably priced particularly in this Industry where funds are always limited. So, the old saying: "Damn if you do; Damn if you don't" may apply here.

However, "Performance" (Value) is altered whenever a product/component is Specially engineered and designed "into" a special housing. It becomes more efficient with fewer problems because of this design. Performance involves more than just using a certain component and/or moving hoses around.

Good Fortune to small business;

Ed Valentine

Cross-American Corp.

(28 years manufacturing)

Date Posted: 30/September/2004 at 11:42am

Originally posted by beamer beamer wrote:

How much is that thing ? I wanna impress some friends .

We have only tried the Hyperbox on a Ninja Carpet Cleaning Machine and it will extend your water lift to 260 inches.

Selling price $850.00 Cdn.

-------------

Date Posted: 30/September/2004 at 3:41pm
HHMMMMMMM

Date Posted: 01/October/2004 at 3:04pm

Go for it Ed,

Put up a picture of yours with pricing and where they can purchase one.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/October/2004 at 8:29am

Ted;

Not till you send me a couple of those (old) business cards (ya know, "which way is the lady walking; away or toward us!)!!!!!!!

Many sincere THANKS and wishing YOU and your family

Good Fortune too;

Ed Valentine

cross-american corp.

Date Posted: 30/October/2004 at 8:17pm
So Ed have you come up with any new casing for your booster???

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 01/November/2004 at 1:17pm

Steamer;

Well, as the inventor of The POWER BOOSTER System ,we are using our current housing which has been refined to perfection and operates just terrific. Therefore, we will not change a good thing.

Thanks for asking though!

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

cross-american corp.

Posted By: Nordic 1
Date Posted: 01/November/2004 at 6:18pm
Ed Helped me make my AKA booster for truck mounts

all metal almost bullet proof.

Cleaning techs are another story

folks were surprized by how much a 40 (37) pound box improved the vacuum on a #4 and 3 blower truck mounts.

Tusen Takk

Nordic 1

I called my first unit EDV1

thanks ED

Date Posted: 02/November/2004 at 9:02am

Thanks, Nordic 1.

However, Nordic 1 has the only POWER BOOSTER System that has been refined (with 28 years of field testing) that is METAL and strong enough to stand up to any TM system.

Our POWER BOOSTER System was designed 28 years ago to provide the portable operator much greater CFM's/airflow to go the distance.

Either; or...................both will do a terrific job, period!!!

Good Fortune and THANKS to one terrific individualk in this Industry of ours, NORDIC 1;

Ed Valentine

cross-american corp.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net